transfer revenue percent

I recently made some pretty major sales at my club bringing my budget up, and changing my financial status from insecure to secure

image.thumb.png.35fabfbacd43ff5df7d60673b17ab3ad.png

I went to request a higher percent budget retained and my board increased it from 0% to 10%. Does this just mean that my board has an ambition of 1 or what do I have to do? It makes it pretty impossible if I sell my two best players for 30 million but only get a few million to replace them.

7 hours ago, Scotty Walds said:

It's their way of hopefully avoiding the finances going back to Insecure.

yea but I have never seen a board be so singy. Even for clubs who are insecure, you usually still get atleast 25-40%. Also, not sure I mentioned but our annual expenses are about 15 million, meaning even if our total income dropped to 0, it would take over 2 years to go back negative. With our income of 12 million a year, we operate at a 3 million a year loss. This means that are solvent for the next decade. Clubs dont operate like this. You need to spend money on transfer budgets and agent fees to be able to sign players to win and resell. 

It is the board's responsibility to ensure that the club remains secure financially, so maybe it would be best for you to just buckle down with what you have, be successful on the pitch and once the finances improve, you will get the support that you want.

This is pretty much in a nutshell what Football Manager is really about. You are supposed to manage things - especially finances. There is no challenge in simply spending vast amounts of money on something i 'wish' to have. Making it possible is though. Revenue streams are not just player sales. Friendly games versus 'ranked' teams can flush some extra money into your emptied coffers too. It doesnt matter if you win but you fill the stadium and get some nice revenue if done right. Dealing with the finances in a positive way is one of the major aspects of the game. Finding players that play for less than the average while still being good enough is just one option to balance those figures.