FM24

Kloppy

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

It's not on the one released earlier. And I doubt they'll be changing the history screen any time soon, if at all.

ah i'd be surprised. its just something that annoys me when looking back on a players career that you cant see the total at a club. especially if you want a player to break records at your club

3 hours ago, s6hammer said:

In terms of the 'Real World' mode, it would be good to know if this applies to managers ins and outs, as well as transfers. For example, will Neil Warnock start at Huddersfield, with Darren Moore then taking over in September?

I would think that might be a bit jarring, imagine a team got off to a winning start, then sacked their manager.

I would imagine Real World might start with Warnock, whereas Classic would start with Moore. But that’s just a guess

3 hours ago, alian62 said:

No it hasn't  ? ..  In previous games you could only see your past meetings in your next match . By what this says you can now click on any other team and see your past meetings . It is true however that this was in the game up till FM17 so technically it's been reintroduced 

Hmm I can see my previous results with teams other than the next match...

Tottenham Hotspur_ Fixtures.png

Tottenham Hotspur_ Past Meetings.png

3 hours ago, alian62 said:

No it hasn't  ? ..  In previous games you could only see your past meetings in your next match 

Incorrect. I've checked going back to FM21 (i've no save files left from before this on this laptop), and you've been able to see past results against any side in the fixture list, not just the next opponent. 

It might be you can check past results with ANY team now, ie not just the ones on your current year's fixture list, ie you might be able to click on a club's profile page, and the option be there. 

10 minutes ago, bielsadidnothingwrong said:

Can't think of a less sought-after feature than manager face paint. 

It actually beggars belief why they thought it EVER needed to be a thing. I'm actually racking my brains to think of any real life manager who regularly wears face paint. 

On 29/09/2023 at 16:42, forameuss said:

I'd say that it's a mystery why people are so desperate to show off how little they care, but...well, it's not is it?  Being personally uninterested in it I can understand.  Being so desperate to extrapolate that out into saying how uninterested everyone else will be seems like you're just, as they say, telling on yourself.

But as a result, I hope they spend all their time on it given the tizzy some will get in over it.

I think the fact that women's ratings pale in every single sport, including tennis:

On the gentlemen’s side, Carlos Alcaraz’s five-set victory over Novak Djokovic averaged 3.198 million viewers on ESPN Sunday, the most-watched finale on the gentlemen’s side since Djokovic’s five-set win over Roger Federer in 2019 (3.329 million). It’s also the second-most watched finale over the last decade, topping every championship from 2014-18.

Over on the ladies’ side, Marketa Vondrousova defeated Ons Jabeur in straight sets, and the finale averaged 1.331 million viewers Saturday on ESPN. That’s the most-watched ladies’ finale since Angelique Kerber’s straight-set victory over Serena Williams in 2018, which averaged 1.485 million viewers.

https://awfulannouncing.com/tennis/wimbledon-finale-multi-year-viewership-high.html

Tennis is definitely one of the closer sports, yet the men's event still gets double the audience.  That's not misogyny.  That's just accepting the fact that men and women are wired differently and athletics is something men tend to care about far more than women.  And even though women enjoy watching sports too, they tend to prefer watching men's sports over women's sports.  That translates to games too. 

If you want evidence on games, here ya go:

FIFA 22 is coming towards the end of its lifespan as players prepare for the next iteration of EA’s annual football simulator. However, achievement statistics show that just four percent of players have played a women’s football match in the game’s 10-month lifespan.

TheGamer measured this by tracking the Passion achievement across Xbox, PlayStation, and Steam. To unlock the achievement, you must “play a women’s International football match,” which very few players have done. 3.3 percent of players have unlocked the achievement on Xbox, 4.2 percent have on PlayStation according to PSNProfiles, and 3.9 percent on Steam. That averages out to 3.8 percent of players who have played at least one women’s International football match on FIFA 22. We have not taken into account Nintendo Switch players, as achievements aren’t available on the Nintendo console.

https://www.thegamer.com/fifa-22-women-achievement/

These statistics are especially putrid considering many people are achievement seekers who would do something thing simple just to unlock the achievement.  Hell, if I still bought FIFA games on my XBox, I would have played a match just to unlock it.

Do you believe Football Manager is going to be any different?  I am sure SI will include an achievement for managing a women's team.  I bet the stats won't be much different.  Maybe 10% to get a whiff of the "new football smell" before it wears off.

5 hours ago, dan99 said:

Hmm I can see my previous results with teams other than the next match...

Tottenham Hotspur_ Fixtures.png

Tottenham Hotspur_ Past Meetings.png

Yes only in your schedules.  You can't go and see past meetings against a team that's not in yoyr schedule.  If your club isn't playing in a FA Cup you can now see past results of the 2 teams in that final . 

3 hours ago, ScotchWhisky said:

I think the fact that women's ratings pale in every single sport, including tennis:

https://awfulannouncing.com/tennis/wimbledon-finale-multi-year-viewership-high.html

Tennis is definitely one of the closer sports, yet the men's event still gets double the audience.  That's not misogyny.  That's just accepting the fact that men and women are wired differently and athletics is something men tend to care about far more than women.  And even though women enjoy watching sports too, they tend to prefer watching men's sports over women's sports.  That translates to games too. 

These statistics are especially putrid considering many people are achievement seekers who would do something thing simple just to unlock the achievement.  Hell, if I still bought FIFA games on my XBox, I would have played a match just to unlock it.

Do you believe Football Manager is going to be any different?  I am sure SI will include an achievement for managing a women's team.  I bet the stats won't be much different.  Maybe 10% to get a whiff of the "new football smell" before it wears off.

I imagine it will be higher the first year then below 5% after that. 

I probably won't ever manage a woman's team and that's no slight on the women's game just I have no interest much like I've never managed in the Danish 3rd division or Norway, ever, because again I have no interest in doing so.

I'd be interested to see what the percentages each season are for each league as to how many people use them every cycle.

I'd bet a fair few leagues are under 10% regularly.

4 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

It actually beggars belief why they thought it EVER needed to be a thing. I'm actually racking my brains to think of any real life manager who regularly wears face paint. 

I like the manager outfit changes. It’s a cool little bit of customization that feels realistic. Sometimes managers wear hats, and other times they’ll wear shorts. I’ve seen managers in t-shirts and Jordans and managers in three-piece suits. I think it’s fabulous that they’re taking visibility seriously and bringing hearing aids to the managers, too. But I really don’t think that, in all of football, I’ve ever seen a manager with face paint, and I don’t think anyone would have ever asked for that to be a thing. 

3 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

I imagine it will be higher the first year then below 5% after that. 

I probably won't ever manage a woman's team and that's no slight on the women's game just I have no interest much like I've never managed in the Danish 3rd division or Norway, ever, because again I have no interest in doing so.

I'd be interested to see what the percentages each season are for each league as to how many people use them every cycle.

I'd bet a fair few leagues are under 10% regularly.

SI have said they have statistics for it, and there are divisions that are just about never played. Trouble is, removing stuff will never be seen in a positive light, even if no one actually managed there...

I'll certainly be having a go at the women's leagues, perhaps setting up some challenges with winning the league for both the men's and the women's teams for the same club or something.

And I agree, if anyone don't want to manage in the women's leagues, there is an easy fix, just don't! :D In all seriousness, it's like playing in the MLS, I tried it once, and will never do it again as I really dislike the whole draft thing. Just a stupid setup if you ask me, but hey, other might enjoy it, so I won't give loads of passionate posts about how it should never have been added or how poor it is. That's the good part of FM, you can add the leagues and nations you want and pretty much ignore the rest. And that's what I usually answer those who don't want it. And if people still continue arguing against it, it does feel a bit misogynistic does't it... 

18 minutes ago, XaW said:

SI have said they have statistics for it, and there are divisions that are just about never played. Trouble is, removing stuff will never be seen in a positive light, even if no one actually managed there...

I'll certainly be having a go at the women's leagues, perhaps setting up some challenges with winning the league for both the men's and the women's teams for the same club or something.

And I agree, if anyone don't want to manage in the women's leagues, there is an easy fix, just don't! :D In all seriousness, it's like playing in the MLS, I tried it once, and will never do it again as I really dislike the whole draft thing. Just a stupid setup if you ask me, but hey, other might enjoy it, so I won't give loads of passionate posts about how it should never have been added or how poor it is. That's the good part of FM, you can add the leagues and nations you want and pretty much ignore the rest. And that's what I usually answer those who don't want it. And if people still continue arguing against it, it does feel a bit misogynistic does't it... 

Yep, in this year's FM I did a journeyman in leagues I'd never managed in, started in Belarus a league and country I'm pretty sure I'd never even loaded up before never mind actually managed there and I've definitely owned every version of the game the leagues been available!

I'm all for more choice in the game and adding the women's game is certainly that even if it's not something I'm personally excited for.

(I've loaded the MLS started a save and given up before a balls kicked due to the myriad contracts and rules more times than I remember!)

8 hours ago, ScotchWhisky said:

...yeah, think I'll stand by my original post.

For the record, I don't particularly seek out women's sports to watch.  I caught a few of the World Cup games if I was in work at the time as background noise.  My own team's women's team are doing alright, and I could get regular free tickets to another team in the city through connections, but I don't.  I don't particularly enjoy watching Thistle a lot of the time, let alone dropping into what is basically a different sport. 

But you see the difference? I don't write long diatribes trying to point out how poor it is and how little people are interested in it.  That's, at best, someone playing out their unconscious bias.  And at worst...well, you know.

Still interested in it from an FM perspective though, and not just because it's going to make a lot of people pathetically fizz.  It's probably the only thing left the game could add that actually adds something noticeably different to the game.

Edited by forameuss

I will buy the game as always but really hoping the newgens dont look like Japanese cartoon characters in this edition. 

I know there are facepacks we can download but for us non tech people thats just a step too far :) So yeah I prey the newgen faces have improved.

1 hour ago, Womaz said:

I will buy the game as always but really hoping the newgens dont look like Japanese cartoon characters in this edition. 

I know there are facepacks we can download but for us non tech people thats just a step too far :) So yeah I prey the newgen faces have improved.

I'd be very surprised if there was a marked improvement in newgen faces this year given they are moving to a whole new engine for FM25. 

2 hours ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Yep, in this year's FM I did a journeyman in leagues I'd never managed in, started in Belarus a league and country I'm pretty sure I'd never even loaded up before never mind actually managed there and I've definitely owned every version of the game the leagues been available!

I'm all for more choice in the game and adding the women's game is certainly that even if it's not something I'm personally excited for.

(I've loaded the MLS started a save and given up before a balls kicked due to the myriad contracts and rules more times than I remember!)

The MLS could be one of the most fun save ideas based on the complex rules... but it is implemented so horribly that it actually is unplayable for multiple seasons due the AI not following squad registration rules.

Obviously I am not in the majority of the playerbase (playing mostly LLM and long term, a combo which amplifies any deeper issue lying under the hood) neither an expert in game development... but still waiting for any game studio to prove me wrong on my logic that: any time and effort that goes into adding new features nobody requested - like manager face paint - instead of fixing bugs that are flagged for a longer period by users is a waste of valuable development resource and additionally a spit in the loyal fanbase's face - especially when the game has an annual release cycle. I get the revenue part of the business reason, I just don't accept the gamer - end user - justification :D.

But looking forward to FM24 as it really seems like the most developed/refurbished version of the game so far, mainly as the previous few iterations set the bar really low (my ingame hours are steadily going down since FM21, even when the game was practically free for me due Gamepass the past two years).

Edited by marioNOW

13 minutes ago, marioNOW said:

The MLS could be one of the most fun save ideas based on the complex rules... but it is implemented so horribly that it actually is unplayable for multiple seasons due the AI not following squad registration rules.

Obviously I am not in the majority of the playerbase (playing mostly LLM and long term, a combo which amplifies any deeper issue lying under the hood) neither an expert in game development... but still waiting for any game studio to prove me wrong on my logic that: any time and effort that goes into adding new features nobody requested - like manager face paint - instead of fixing bugs that are flagged for a longer period by users is a waste of valuable development resource and additionally a spit in the loyal fanbase's face - especially when the game has an annual release cycle. I get the revenue part of the business reason, I just don't accept the gamer - end user - justification :D.

But looking forward to FM24 as it really seems like the most developed/refurbished version of the game so far, mainly as the previous few iterations set the bar really low (my ingame hours are steadily going down since FM21, even when the game was practically free for me due Gamepass the past two years).

You won't get any arguments from me arguing that face paint isn't a waste of time.

I can't even begin yo imagine why it's been added to be honest.

But more leagues is always welcome in my book even if I don't use them.

I'm also a LLM long term save player, usually get about 20 years in before I quit and start again.

Hoping the improvements with the AI's development of player also has the knock on effect of sorting out the transfer market. 

Liverpool_PlayersinRange-3.thumb.png.3a5bcaa46b9e4a0eb8d23f3fa70616c2.png

The prices of some of these players are outrageous and the drop off in quality from the great players to players who clearly have seen very limited gametime is too much. Mind you I think a bigger problem with the game atm is every club acts as though they have premier league finances.

The more I think about Miles's announcement in the summer regarding FM25, the more genius it becomes. A lot of people said at the time this would ruin sales of FM24, but SI must have known they were sitting on some pretty tidy new features for this game. And perception being what it is, the features have dropped and (mostly) everyone is super-hyped about the new game, given expectations were low. 

It would be interesting to view a parallel universe where the FM25 announcement was never made and see what the reaction to this year's game would have been. I suspect vastly different. 

3 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

The more I think about Miles's announcement in the summer regarding FM25, the more genius it becomes. A lot of people said at the time this would ruin sales of FM24, but SI must have known they were sitting on some pretty tidy new features for this game. And perception being what it is, the features have dropped and (mostly) everyone is super-hyped about the new game, given expectations were low. 

It would be interesting to view a parallel universe where the FM25 announcement was never made and see what the reaction to this year's game would have been. I suspect vastly different. 

I still think it would be generally positive. Even against a world where it’s an upgrade on what was expected, it’s still a world where it’s a vast improvement on feature set from FM23, along with a vastly improved approach to the roll out.

1 minute ago, gunner86 said:

I still think it would be generally positive. Even against a world where it’s an upgrade on what was expected, it’s still a world where it’s a vast improvement on feature set from FM23, along with a vastly improved approach to the roll out.

Is it though? Whilst it is an improvement, apart from the set piece refresh, almost everything else is either under the hood changes, or improvements to existing features (as welcome as they all are). In fact, you could lump the set piece refresh in with the latter. I do wonder what the reaction would have been had we not had the FM25 story - I guess we'll never know. 

5 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

Agreed. Without the FM25 announcements, only FM23 would have been the benchmark and FM24 does add a lot more (understatement).

6 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Is it though? Whilst it is an improvement, apart from the set piece refresh, almost everything else is either under the hood changes, or improvements to existing features (as welcome as they all are). In fact, you could lump the set piece refresh in with the latter. I do wonder what the reaction would have been had we not had the FM25 story - I guess we'll never know. 

I was always and still am more worried about FM25 if I'm being honest than FM24. Changing game engines is often a mess the first year or two.

4 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

I was always and still am more worried about FM25 if I'm being honest than FM24. Changing game engines is often a mess the first year or two.

Yes agreed although they have have been testing and modifying the Unity Engine for over 2 years . But your right that its untested out there in the community compared to the current engine . It would be a wise idea to release the Beta Version of FM25 a lot earlier than 2 weeks next time to see how it goes . 

Edited by alian62

12 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Mate we all know no matter what we're gonna get the game aren't we. We've done it fo ryears, moaned about it, enjoyed it but end of the day we're committed to this thing

On 11/10/2023 at 00:12, ScotchWhisky said:

I wonder how the women’s football viewing figures compare with some of the more remote leagues FM consistently produces every year? Probably much higher. The Euro final last year was one of the UKs most watched tv shows of 2022. 

I don’t really enjoy watching women’s football yet as I’m spoilt on the EPL and only really enjoy the highest levels of performance. So I rarely watch any football beyond the EPL or CL. But, FM is a simulation of world football and that very much now includes women’s football. To ignore it would be gratuitous so they are doing the right thing and including it.

there is no reason why women can’t be brilliant at football (like tennis/ athletics) but it needs time for infrastructure, coaching and investment. FMs support is a small way of normalising football’s participation for 50% of the population. It should be supported.

12 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Ultimately it’s all subjective. I do think that the FM25 announcement has probably driven more interest in the franchise again than had it not happened, but like I say, I still think FM24 would have had a similarly positive response - remember, one of last years headlines was ECL licensing.

That said, we’re at a point now, and I say this ever year, where the game is pretty much feature saturated. They can’t add much that is actually new, and with that in mind, I feel this years “improvements” are much more in the pulse of what us as players want.

Like I say, it’s subjective. And like you say, we’ll never know.

14 minutes ago, basqueliverpool said:

What's people's feelings re Saudi league'd madness being added in? Will it be effective and a game changer? Will be a shame if we all have to download an add on for it. 

I'm still hoping for a late announcement re it being added. 

Tbh the quality of some middle-eastern custom files has been astonishing this year (yep I'm looking at you @themodelcitizen) so finger crossed :D

Btw I was thinking all the biggest saudi clubs have already filled their quota of foreigners and most of these players are virtually 'unmovable' due to their absurd wages. I wonder if these clubs will be actually able to make any new signings until those contracts are expired (at least in FM - irl they'd probably just buy out contracts)

4 hours ago, kandersson said:

Tbh the quality of some middle-eastern custom files has been astonishing this year (yep I'm looking at you @themodelcitizen) so finger crossed :D

Btw I was thinking all the biggest saudi clubs have already filled their quota of foreigners and most of these players are virtually 'unmovable' due to their absurd wages. I wonder if these clubs will be actually able to make any new signings until those contracts are expired (at least in FM - irl they'd probably just buy out contracts)

I wasn't planning on buying the game but apparently my gf is going away for a month on Nov. 6 or so. Lol, watch this space

4 hours ago, basqueliverpool said:

What's people's feelings re Saudi league'd madness being added in? Will it be effective and a game changer? Will be a shame if we all have to download an add on for it. 

I'm still hoping for a late announcement re it being added. 

I hope they put the influence it's had but they don't add it as a playable league.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1950762244?sr=a&t=2438s

Unsure if people have seen the interview above but talks about history, FM24 and FM25 (briefly). 

• Think Miles can come off a bit arrogant on twitter (TBH I have no issue with it - think all good leaders have that) but what I loved about the interview is I think he hasn't had much media training or just ignores it. Hes honest and upfront. I get the impression he just speaks his mind not corporate chat . 
  • Also love that it's always about the team not him. Him being put in the top 50 most influential people in football and he states it should be the team not him
  • Honest about FM23 (personally did not like it in terms of feature set and aspects of the ME) 
  • Hold up of the BETA is more down to licensing not game play 
  • Setting high North Star goals for FM25 (Replicate the visuals of real football and Microsoft steal their designs for the next windows e.c.t) - good 
  • Staff have grown from 120 to 300 and 25% of the staff have been working on FM25 for 3 years. Exciting 

One thing im really interested in is if FM25 going to be all about the graphics, animations and menus or will there be a significant change to ME. 

1 hour ago, aj6658 said:

Hes honest and upfront. I get the impression he just speaks his mind not corporate chat . 

• Honest about FM23 (personally did not like it in terms of feature set and aspects of the ME) 

Except every year, the new release is fantastic, the best ever. It's only in the announcement of the next version that the previous one gets a more honest assessment. He'll probably say the same about FM24 when he does the media blitz for FM25.