FM24

Kloppy

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will this year be a 4-2-3-1 borefest?

I see the ME improvements were for 4-2-3-1, in the gameplay blog the planner is done for 4-2-3-1... all i see is 4-2-3-1 everywhere

Are there more formations in the game?

Edit: also expecting 90% of AI to use 4-2-3-1 like they always do

Edited by andu1

14 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Will this year be a 4-2-3-1 borefest?

I see the ME improvements were for 4-2-3-1, in the gameplay blog the planner is done for 4-2-3-1... all i see is 4-2-3-1 everywhere

Are there more formations in the game?

Edit: also expecting 90% of AI to use 4-2-3-1 like they always do

It's concerning even at this early stage. Don't really see chaos in the ME either... looks like each team might be knocking the ball around for fun. No bobbles, no chaos, no hoofs...

27 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

I don't think I've ever been as underwhelmed as I have from a blog post before

Feel like it's all been very disorganised. The Positional play videos had personnel not in the picture provided. Didn't have any analysis to show this great new addition. Just find a video and shove it in

This "Gameplay deep dive" had ZERO gameplay and was all QoL stuff. Like really bad from SI - it really isn't hard to communicate these things to a quality way 

So do you have to be signed up for fmfc to get these new features in game? Or are they part of the full game regardless of fmfc status? Kind of dumb/annoying I have to give out marketing information to see features of a game before its released.

9 minutes ago, wazzaflow10 said:

So do you have to be signed up for fmfc to get these new features in game? Or are they part of the full game regardless of fmfc status? Kind of dumb/annoying I have to give out marketing information to see features of a game before its released.

Just to read the blog. The game is the same regardless

Curious about how the "Real world" and "Your World" will work with leagues with different start dates outside the usual "big nations" that are all quite similar/summer time. J League is Feb-December, MLS too. Have seen April start dates as well.

4 minutes ago, craiigman said:

Gotta get user data one way or the other

Yeah, I don't want to take it down a privacy route, because I find that argument a bit overblown whenever it's thrown out for something so flippant, for me it's more that you're presumably putting this out to create hype for the new product, yet you lock it behind something you have to opt-in to.  I know it's free, and I know it's no risk whatsoever, but it's similar to that era where they refused to do anything but social media and video content.  Surely it's better to reach as many people as possible, rather than using it as bait to try and get people to sign up for something that's seemed largely pointless up to now.

But hey, they can do what they like of course, not like I'm missing much I imagine.

Does the blog mention anything about the winter transfer window, loan deals and/or managerial (or other staff members) sackings in the 'Real World' option? I would like to read the blog myself (I'm a member), but I can't log in. Already submitted a ticket, but it's also a Friday.

18 hours ago, gunner86 said:

Specifically after the winter update or in general? If the latter, might I ask why? Can’t see the attraction myself, but I imagine you have reasons.

Also, I’d like to know if we are to play real world, would that then mean you start with a different budget, so for example higher if you’re Arsenal, but presumably lower if your West Ham or Brighton?

Yes, sorry, should’ve specified really that I meant after the Winter Update. Not a major issue for me, but just prefer to play the 1st season with current squads.

4 minutes ago, saware said:

Yes, sorry, should’ve specified really that I meant after the Winter Update. Not a major issue for me, but just prefer to play the 1st season with current squads.

Ah then yeah. That does make sense. Never thought of that before :thup:

2 hours ago, bottlermanager said:

Will Miles' delusions make Russia unplayable for another year or will this years game be worth buying? 

It reflects the footballing world in 2023/24, In real life, Russia can't take part in international football. If that changes at all, then FM24 will reflect that in data updates.

2 hours ago, bottlermanager said:

Will Miles' delusions make Russia unplayable for another year or will this years game be worth buying? 

Does it even matter? Both 22 and 23 had pretty easy ways to add Russia back, if people wanted it so bad. 

3 hours ago, bottlermanager said:

I'm not, but why is that a wild take? I'm not German but the Bundesliga is also one of my favourite leagues to play in and I wouldn't buy the game if it was removed. There's only a handful of leagues I enjoy playing in and over the course of a year one of them not being in the game is a limiting factor to my enjoyment of the game. It's a damn game, no "sanctions" within it changes anything in real life. If it did, I would be happy to see a number of countries removed. 

FM follows the FIFA rulings, per now Russia are banned indefinitely from international football competitions in real life, and thus in the game. The league hasn't been removed, just removed the possibility to play in Europe, as it is in real life. So if you want to play in Russia, you are free to do so.

13 hours ago, SPE3D said:

There's no need to sign up to FMFC Just watch the numerous YouTuber videos.

Or wait until Monday as it will be available for everyone then.

9 minutes ago, Razal said:

I dont know what the big problem is, its not like we need to pay a subscription fee or anything

It's a bit of a silly marketing strategy to lock hype behind a subscription to a club I've been in since it existed and have used never...so I can totally see why people don't wanna sign up for it.

Loving the new features. But what I would sincerely love to be addressed is the rapid deterioration of over 30 players and their complete reluctance to sign for any clubs and then retiring prematurely. I need to cure myself of my fetish of signing wonderkids under 23...

6 hours ago, kb1000 said:

Has there been any news on whether Ajax staff will finally be in FM24?

Seeing the chaos in the last year I don't think Ajax has even thought about that.

My suggestion the last few years has been added! :D

USE LAST YEAR’S CODE OF CONDUCT

They probably had it in their own systems, but I did report this, so I'm taking credits! ;)

i'm hoping that one of the QOL updates is on the player history screen. show the total games/goals/assists as the main total and not just league. i want to be able to see how many goals a player has scored for me without have to do a deep dive into each year

Feel like the QoL blog fell very flat. No enough substance and I don’t get why it’s been split in 2 

feel like the much better approach would have one feature a week and then do live stream which had a break in the middle that discussed QoL 

In terms of the 'Real World' mode, it would be good to know if this applies to managers ins and outs, as well as transfers. For example, will Neil Warnock start at Huddersfield, with Darren Moore then taking over in September?

12 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

Feel like the QoL blog fell very flat. No enough substance and I don’t get why it’s been split in 2 

feel like the much better approach would have one feature a week and then do live stream which had a break in the middle that discussed QoL 

Its like they run out of info to be put out so they are splitting it into two part to delay till beta releases. 

Hey, people have been asking for us to add in player square ups, brawls and violent conduct into games to add a new dynamic to matches, make it true to life, make games less stale and sterile, make them get off their seat and shout "GET INTO HIM". They also think it would add substance to saves and give them players to like/dislike. For example, that 29 year old seasoned pro who squared up to their 17 year old newgen, they'd vow to never sign him and always go in hard in future. They'd even be happy for us to only allow newgens to do this in case of any legal implications.

SI:... let them paint their managers face

• SI Staff
30 minutes ago, s6hammer said:

In terms of the 'Real World' mode, it would be good to know if this applies to managers ins and outs, as well as transfers. For example, will Neil Warnock start at Huddersfield, with Darren Moore then taking over in September?

No 'Real World' mode does not apply to Managers, as this would lead to too many unrealistic knock-ons.

For instance, using your Neil Warnock example, say Warnock had Huddersfield top of the Championship. It would make little sense for him to suddenly be replaced by Darren Moore.

6 minutes ago, Zachary Whyte said:

No 'Real World' mode does not apply to Managers, as this would lead to too many unrealistic knock-ons.

For instance, using your Neil Warnock example, say Warnock had Huddersfield top of the Championship. It would make little sense for him to suddenly be replaced by Darren Moore.

*looks nervously at Birmingham*

I wonder if attribute changes for staff will come with other additions for developing staff. It's a nice addition though.

Fixture scheduling improvements are also welcome, hopefully that means an end to matches with only a day break between. I downloaded a club world cup db to move it to December and it has caused absolute chaos in my save.

1 minute ago, ElJuanvito said:

Please, don't make me click "praise player for training" 30 separate times every in-game Friday. That's all I ask for quality of life improvements.

I'd prefer it if they removed it altogether. It's far too gamey the way it's currently used. People don't use it to actually praise the odd player, they want to praise as many as possible just to give the players an artificial bump in morale. 

If they are to keep it, I'd like it so you're only able to praise 1 (or maybe 2) players a week max. 

1 hour ago, Staf9 said:

i'm hoping that one of the QOL updates is on the player history screen. show the total games/goals/assists as the main total and not just league. i want to be able to see how many goals a player has scored for me without have to do a deep dive into each year

It's not on the one released earlier. And I doubt they'll be changing the history screen any time soon, if at all.

By the way, this 'new' QOL update...

"This year, you now have the option to select which team you want to see your past results against rather than just your next opponent. With this added functionality, you should be able to plan ahead better for your future fixtures. "

...has been in the game for the last two editions (at least). SI seem to do this every year, they shoehorn a QOL upgrade that's already in the game. A bit shady if you ask me. 

They should make it so that you cant possibly win everything with a squad of wonderkids, You should have leaders in your squad, That 33 year old player should make a difference other than just mentoring players. Player experience should have much bigger impact, A player who won lots of trophies in the past played with big clubs should be able to bring that winning mentality with him to the squad, This would make a lot of differnce in the game as in the current state you can win the league with just wonderkids

8 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

"This year, you now have the option to select which team you want to see your past results against rather than just your next opponent. With this added functionality, you should be able to plan ahead better for your future fixtures. "

...has been in the game for the last two editions (at least). SI seem to do this every year, they shoehorn a QOL upgrade that's already in the game. A bit shady if you ask me. 

No it hasn't  ? ..  In previous games you could only see your past meetings in your next match . By what this says you can now click on any other team and see your past meetings . It is true however that this was in the game up till FM17 so technically it's been reintroduced 

12 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I thought that's been in since FM17! Maybe they mean it'll be showing on the manager history page?