FM24

Kloppy

1 hour ago, Colonel Tigh said:

Really liking the look of this year’s game. My final wish is to fix the fitness levels during club World Cup /international competitions. I think international football can be completely revamped but that would have been a headline feature so will settle for just fixing the fitness levels 

Hopefully, this will be a part of the quality-of-life upgrades. International management being untouched would be a disappointment, considering this is coined as the most complete FM.

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I struggled with in FM23 was that the most prevalent type of goal was on the transition. It was win the ball and then launch. I really really hope in this one the type of goal where you just wear down an opponent. Like when City will move the ball side to side trying to create space or a mistake or prime example in the cup last week with United. Switch of place, winger runs down and passes inside to the FB to underlap and cut back (swear cutbacks rarely every happen) 

Have they changed the half time team talks in FM24? They are so broken it's unreal. There is nothing you can say that isn't self harming to some degree. 1-0 up to Milan in the Champions League and dominating, but repeatedly given the ball away in the last 5 of the first half giving them chances. So I say 'don't be complacent' assertively which triggers the inevitable goal for Milan in 45-50 minutes. It's absolutely ridiculous that saying something sensible costs you a goal and it does, it's directly responsible for it.

If you are winning at half time, you can't maintain a good performance, at best you can flatline it and still win.

3 hours ago, busngabb said:

Have they changed the half time team talks in FM24? They are so broken it's unreal. There is nothing you can say that isn't self harming to some degree. 1-0 up to Milan in the Champions League and dominating, but repeatedly given the ball away in the last 5 of the first half giving them chances. So I say 'don't be complacent' assertively which triggers the inevitable goal for Milan in 45-50 minutes. It's absolutely ridiculous that saying something sensible costs you a goal and it does, it's directly responsible for it.

If you are winning at half time, you can't maintain a good performance, at best you can flatline it and still win.

I like to pump fists and say: “you’re playing well, but I know you’re capable of even better”. Works for me.

2 hours ago, Domoboy23 said:

I was quite excited.

Then they closed the FM24 speculation thread.

Too early to have fun it seems.

Back to misery. How bizzare. Might not even buy the beta now tbh...

Haven't you been here long enough to know that the beta speculation thread is the place where the unexpected happens? ;) 

7 hours ago, busngabb said:

So I say 'don't be complacent' assertively which triggers the inevitable goal for Milan in 45-50 minutes. It's absolutely ridiculous that saying something sensible costs you a goal and it does, it's directly responsible for it.

All that's probably happened there is the Milan manager has given their team a more inspiring team talk which has helped them to score early in the 2nd half. Although that said, half time team talks don't really affect much and usually only for the first 10 or so minutes of the half anyway. Also, it's not a binary thing - A good team talk doesn't automatically mean you are/aren't going to concede. And of course, as mentioned before, the AI manager also gives a team talk to the opposition, so there's also that to factor in. 

But of course, it's much easier just to say it's 'broken'. 

4 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

All that's probably happened there is the Milan manager has given their team a more inspiring team talk which has helped them to score early in the 2nd half. Although that said, half time team talks don't really affect much and usually only for the first 10 or so minutes of the half anyway. Also, it's not a binary thing - A good team talk doesn't automatically mean you are/aren't going to concede. And of course, as mentioned before, the AI manager also gives a team talk to the opposition, so there's also that to factor in. 

But of course, it's much easier just to say it's 'broken'. 

No, it genuinely is. You can almost guarantee goals against youself by choosing certain options and there are scenarios where all the responses give a negative outcome. It's very broken, one element of the game that is complete and utter trash. It's the kind of thing that happens once or twice a season to a team, where either they or the opposition come out firing and change the game around. In FM, it's almost guaranteed that 45-50 minutes is intense pressure at the very least and depending on the scenario, the AI scoring.

It's on the list with the number of disallowed VAR goals for offside (14 in the first 6 games of my season) and penalties (0 from 6 this season, and not sure I've ever won a shootout on FM23) as the most annoying things about the game.

24 minutes ago, busngabb said:

No, it genuinely is. You can almost guarantee goals against youself by choosing certain options and there are scenarios where all the responses give a negative outcome. It's very broken

Sorry, but that's just perception bias at best, and utter nonsense at worst. If this was as 'broken' as you say, it would be happening to everyone else, and it's clearly not. 

On 25/09/2023 at 18:00, DarJ said:

Why would they do that? The versions we get for beta is very close to the release version and if I’m not mistaken last year it was the same as the release version 

It's a headline feature.  I'd be surprised to say the least if this functionality wasn't in the beta.  The beta is the full game just in an early access period to try to identify and hopefully get rid of any final bugs before the "full release".  Given it's a brand new feature and a big one at that, even more of a reason to ensure it's there and useable if you ask me!

34 minutes ago, kevhamster said:

It's a headline feature.  I'd be surprised to say the least if this functionality wasn't in the beta.  The beta is the full game just in an early access period to try to identify and hopefully get rid of any final bugs before the "full release".  Given it's a brand new feature and a big one at that, even more of a reason to ensure it's there and useable if you ask me!

They’ve confirmed save transfer is on the Beta. I think it’s in this thread somewhere

EDIT: tada!

On 26/09/2023 at 11:02, Zachary Whyte said:

FM24 Early Access will include the option to carry over your FM23 save.

Edited by gunner86

5 minutes ago, ElJuanvito said:

I was just thinking: system requirements? I'm expecting they'll be about the same as FM23, but I'd like to be sure.

Yeah I’d say it’s safe to assume around the same. FM25 will be the big jump so interested to see the requirements there 

2 hours ago, ElJuanvito said:

I was just thinking: system requirements? I'm expecting they'll be about the same as FM23, but I'd like to be sure.

Something manufactured after 1998 would be my guess. If you were okay for 23, you're fine for 24.

I'm curious to know about saved games in FM23 carrying over to FM24 ? 

If I have created a new country in my FM23 Pre-Editor and play it in FM23 and save it will I be able to carry it over ? 

In my editor I also created the Champions League and a Small Nations League Competition to which my Teams and Nation play in .

I just don't see it working in that sense because we could all use the Pre-Editor 23 during the Beta release to create a database then use it in 24 . 

Edited by alian62

1 hour ago, alian62 said:

I'm curious to know about saved games in FM23 carrying over to FM24 ? 

If I have created a new country in my FM23 Pre-Editor and play it in FM23 and save it will I be able to carry it over ? 

In my editor I also created the Champions League and a Small Nations League Competition to which my Teams and Nation play in .

I just don't see it working in that sense because we could all use the Pre-Editor 23 during the Beta release to create a database then use it in 24 . 

My current expectation are that it works similar to what you do when creating a save game in FM23. The editor files become part of the save. You can create the save game with the edited files and can share the save with me without me needing those edited files. Using FM23 editor files then should be possible. Only thing is that you miss out on data from FM24.

Thinking this through you could technically/potentially end up with a reallife scenario where you can create a real historical database. Just imagine creating a FM23 game which you then load into 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, etc....

11 hours ago, alian62 said:

Why would you want to do that specifically though?  Are you confusing the Beta with the demo?

Or are you thinking that you can switch between versions?

Okay i've confused myself here !

Edited by Brother Ben

3 minutes ago, Brother Ben said:

Why would you want to do that specifically though?  Are you confusing the Beta with the demo?

Or are you thinking that you can switch between versions?

Okay i've confused myself here !

Because I created my own nation and leagues so technically in the Beta 2024 I could use my save from 23 which I created in the pre-editor 23

10 minutes ago, Brother Ben said:

Why would you want to do that specifically though? 

Probably so he doesn't have to wait for the full game to be released to play with an edited database. The only problem with doing that though is the game will start in the 22/23 season, as opposed to 23/24, so some of the immersion will be broken, but if you can live with that, it's a good idea. Be interesting to see how this feature handles edited databases. 

12 minutes ago, alian62 said:

Because I created my own nation and leagues so technically in the Beta 2024 I could use my save from 23 which I created in the pre-editor 23

Yep that sounds right based on what i've read.

Realistically you could keep tweaking and perfecting that database on FM23 and then creating a save you can then move over to FM24.   

35 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Probably so he doesn't have to wait for the full game to be released to play with an edited database. The only problem with doing that though is the game will start in the 22/23 season, as opposed to 23/24, so some of the immersion will be broken, but if you can live with that, it's a good idea. Be interesting to see how this feature handles edited databases. 

Yeah that makes sense.

It will be great for the long term guys that make the lower league England databases that can take a year or so to make. 

You could really perfect them over a longer time period.  The start date would be less of and issue if you're starting with the Dog and Duck in the East Sussex 4th Div too I guess.

5 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

When do we think the beta will release? Mid October?

Whatever people think, it won't change when it comes. As always, "Early access is normally available roughly two weeks prior to full release".

FWIW, I would say it'll come on the Thursday just over 2 weeks before release (19th October).

4 minutes ago, Scotty Walds said:

Whatever people think, it won't change when it comes. As always, "Early access is normally available roughly two weeks prior to full release".

FWIW, I would say it'll come on the Thursday just over 2 weeks before release (19th October).

Yeah I was just wondering in general, not expecting anyone to know the exact date 😅

4 minutes ago, Gee_Simpson said:

Yeah I was just wondering in general, not expecting anyone to know the exact date 😅

Recent history would suggest it normally comes out before the exact two weeks, normally by a day or two, I think the most was a week “early”. Considering they still have a QoL blog due next week, I would expect after that at the earliest.

6 minutes ago, ElJuanvito said:

I remember reading it would be the week starting on the 16th, but now I can't remember where I read it.

It hasn’t been confirmed, they never confirm it more than a few hours ahead of time. There’s a sign off process they need to go through and once it’s ready, it’s released. Week of the 16th is probably likely, but ultimately not certain.

And even knowing all of this, I still love the speculation thread, every damn year

Edited by gunner86

11 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

What I noticed was 

• Cutbacks. Are we finally gonna see fullbacks cross instead of smashing it 
  • Possession domination tactics seem more viable with a 3-2 build up shapes
  • Ball physics look good 
  • Looks better connecting play. Hold up and reverse pass to a full back

Hope the deep dive will actually analyse the rotations in more detail 

Just now, autohoratio said:

Stadiums are still as cornerless as ever, it seems

It's supposed to be Vicarage road, but in real life it only has a single 2 tier stand (not as tall as in-game either) on one side, the rest are single tier and there should be a stand in one of the corners

image.thumb.jpeg.6f62ea92839c3c6aa54584848572ba6e.jpeg

Think FM25 is where we are going to see massive push towards stadiums. Unsure if they can replicate stadiums with the license but I can image they will bring in numerous distinctive stadiums to add variety 

4 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

Think FM25 is where we are going to see massive push towards stadiums. Unsure if they can replicate stadiums with the license but I can image they will bring in numerous distinctive stadiums to add variety 

Yeah, I won't mind if stadiums aren't exact replicas, as long as they look somewhat realistic and don't have only end/side stands with endless tiers and not a filled-in corner to be seen. I've been requesting improved stadiums for years!! 😆