FM24

Kloppy

• Replies 706
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, teej9 said:

Until legitimate match engine improvement happens, I honestly do not care about a single thing here. Got burned by the tire fire that is 23, sticking with 22.

The whole point of the game is matches, if they suck, I really can't be bothered to get excited about being able to slightly alter meeting agendas.

The big question for me is are we still going to fall back on the "well the 3D engine can't show what's really happening in the match engine" excuse? If so, count me out. Remove the 3D if it cannot represent the match engine or redo the match engine in a manner that allows the 3d engine to show it. I still cannot fathom that there was a meeting somewhere that went "hey the graphics engine cannot show anything correctly" "eh, release it anyway"...it amazes me.

Apologies for the ranting, I just love the game and to see it fall so hard so fast is painful.

It's interesting how different people's thought processes work! I am by no means saying that what you said is not true or incorrect, as it is obviously what you deem the most important thing, however for me the whole point of the game is almost everything but the matches (how I view them anyway). The last few years due to time constraints I have played commentary only and I think I have a lot more fun than most people on the forums. I enjoy all the other side of things, tactics, stats, transfers, squad building etc. I try to judge how my tactics are working by the stats I see rather than the on field representation. Obviously everyone is different and someone, like yourself, sees it completely the opposite, which is absolutely fine, I just find it interesting how different people can have completely different views. Maybe it is because I grew up playing manager games with terrible or no match engines/graphics, and to this day I still enjoy a lot of manager games with rubbish or no engines/graphics such as Out of the Park baseball, Draft Day Sports basketball/football and World of Mixed Martial Arts.

2 minutes ago, andu1 said:

So what's the difference between this and the inverted wingback on defend?

ifb is probably a center back in build up wilst iwb was defensive mid that would overlap sometimes of winger tucked in

And again will the AI manager be able to use their formations more fluidly? Like be able to use a formations based on the players they have rather than sricking rigidly to the same one every single game?

Think of Ancelloti how he switched this season to a 4-3-1-2 from his classic 4-3-3.

Ai managers in FM almost never change their formations between seasons

I will def buy the game although for me the AI Manager pref formation system is obsolete... The preffered doesnt mean to me that they should only use one system, they should have access to all formations in game and choose the best one that suits their squad. 

The squad building and selection features look very nice though

22 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

Inverted Full Back - announced on twitter as a new position

SI really should cut back on putting exclusive detail on twitter/X given how much it has deteriorated in both functionality (especially if you don't have an account) and behaviour of users since Musk took over.

9 minutes ago, Nick_CB said:

There is no difference. Another useless role, no doubt 

Im thinking it's a role that enables the use of the 3-2-4-1 formation. The more variation the better. FM23 had so few preset formation to choose from...

Looks to be a lot less ''hoof' balls when under minimal pressure when building from the back, just from the small excerpts shown on the videos. It doesn't however look chaotic which is what I've loved about FM23.

The volleys into the ground look incredible.

Edited by Domoboy23

I’m officially excited for FM 24. I’ve only read the first few lines of the new blog and since tactics and match is the part I enjoy most, the fact that players can recognise other players run and then create space for them is very interesting 

Weather is another factor that will affect the movement of the ball, as will things like the temperature or the altitude of the stadium that you’re playing at.

As long as the altitude figures in the db aren't neglected as a lot of things are (for example, some countries/teams having numbers for certain things and others not, awards having wildly differing rep or and then other top flights having them set to 0 as has been the case for years) then great. If not, it's just something else that won't be properly maintained and will create inconsistencies.

Additionally, you’ll notice that your players are now less likely to dribble all the way to the byline before stopping and turning around. Instead, they’ll slow down earlier to face up the opposition defender.

I can hear the howls of derision already. Lovely stuff. 

Just now, Dagenham_Dave said:
Additionally, you’ll notice that your players are now less likely to dribble all the way to the byline before stopping and turning around. Instead, they’ll slow down earlier to face up the opposition defender.

I can hear the howls of derision already. Lovely stuff. 

From the clips it looks like inside forwards actually run with the ball inside now. I didn’t see much of them running wide then turning back and passing the ball inside or running wide then crossing 

3 minutes ago, ElJuanvito said:

What would complete the awesomeness is a sort of training pitch view where you can see how your selected roles-duties ideally interact with each other.

A lot of people want that but my argument against it is that training in FM is very different form IRL because it’s a game. IRL you can use training to enhance your play style but in FM it’s there just to improve attributes.

Let’s say they add a way for us to actually watch training and see what the players are doing. How will you then force these players to do exactly what you want them to do if they keep getting it wrong?

If someone has a convincing answer to that question then I’ll be fully on board with that change. 

hace 2 minutos, DarJ dijo:

A lot of people want that but my argument against it is that training in FM is very different form IRL because it’s a game. IRL you can use training to enhance your play style but in FM it’s there just to improve attributes.

Let’s say they add a way for us to actually watch training and see what the players are doing. How will you then force these players to do exactly what you want them to do if they keep getting it wrong?

If someone has a convincing answer to that question then I’ll be fully on board with that change. 

Perhaps "training pitch view" is the wrong way to put it. I'm thinking of something like ratemytactic, but integrated into the game and updated with each match engine tweak.

1 minute ago, ElJuanvito said:

Perhaps "training pitch view" is the wrong way to put it. I'm thinking of something like ratemytactic, but integrated into the game and updated with each match engine tweak.

IMO, that would make things too 'gamey' and would make it much easier to perfect a tactic. The game is already easy enough for most people (not me though!) without that. 

The blogs have hit home runs and its slowly tempting me to pre-order 

Thoughts of the latest

• Animations and ME does look alot better 
  • FM moving towards a build up sort of system. Brilliant that deeper runs are now recognised. positions worked in isolation. Seems like it going to be much more holistic  
  • Love love love the changes to the inverted FB/ Wingback - think its going to really develop interesting tactics 
    • If im reading right Inverted FB creates a back 3, while an inverted Wingback moves into midfield ? Love it

What I am hoping for Is the ability to build a proper possession based tactic. Felt like in FM23 it was impossible and led to holding possession but never creating anything. 

1 minute ago, aj6658 said:

What I am hoping for Is the ability to build a proper possession based tactic

I think possession will be the meta for this year just from the clips. There was not a single long ball from back to front like you had in FM23 for no reason. The teams seemed to hold on to the ball longer when no one is pressuring them. I’m curious to see how this will translate to the lower divisions 

Man, I love how the players are moving and seeing the open spaces. The deflaction of the ball and ball movement look much improved as well. Really impressed, because I was not expecting this much, since the big overwork is coming next year. You really got me with this :)

4 minutes ago, DarJ said:

I think possession will be the meta for this year just from the clips. There was not a single long ball from back to front like you had in FM23 for no reason. The teams seemed to hold on to the ball longer when no one is pressuring them. I’m curious to see how this will translate to the lower divisions 

I could never get a fun possession heavy tactic working in FM23. It was always so ponderous in the middle. Seemed like possession based was just to be defensive, never an attacking style. Passing around till you got robbed, never penetrating. The fact that its much smarter and players will more to create space to allow deeper runs excites me 

7 minutos atrás, DarJ disse:

A way to perhaps balance the number of aerial duels that was completely distorted from reality.

I'm liking what the ME blog has revealed. I tried implementing a Pep/De Zerbi/Maresca hybrid style of play in my FM23 save but wasn't in love with how it transpired in the match engine - the closest I could get was using a 3-2-4-1 formation with one of my DMs set to man mark the winger and the end result still wasn't exactly right. I'll be definitely giving that a test in FM24.

My first thought would be to do something silly like this and truly put to the test how good the positional rotations are, with a HB dropping to the right of the LCB, the Libero stepping up into a space vacated by a Segundo Volante (maybe changed to a B2B or another CM role to make stepping up more viable), and an IFB tucking in to the space the Libero vacates.

image.png.22a26e694c0eb13719bae572c4c18324.png

Secondly, I noticed that goalkeepers weren't mentioned in the feature blog. I wonder if we'll be able to use our goalkeepers as Ball-Playing GKs now - think of Daniel Heuer Fernandes for Hamburg who plays like an extra CB or Pep sometimes with Ederson, or this season Enzo Maresca at Leicester is using Mads Hermansen in the same way. But so far this hasn't been possible in FM.

0_export-33.png.99a1a840d6a30b7a1db66edb37a78e58.png

Finally, I hope that trying to copy Pep-ball won't be a plug-and-play tactic, especially in lower leagues - you need to have players of at least equal if not clearly superior quality to the opposition to achieve the style of play, so if you don't have a top squad you should be punished and concede a LOT of chances from turnovers and unforced errors.

37 minutes ago, gunner86 said:

No… that’s on its way though… soon… :brock:

I'll post it on the other thread when it's created, but I'm in the office on Friday 20 October. 2 hours away from my house. I'm also at a gig after on the night. I'm 100% certain knowing my luck, that's when it'll be out.

11 minutes ago, Emozil said:

I'll post it on the other thread when it's created, but I'm in the office on Friday 20 October. 2 hours away from my house. I'm also at a gig after on the night. I'm 100% certain knowing my luck, that's when it'll be out.

I’ll post this there too, but:

We appreciate your generous sacrifice…

6 hours ago, ElJuanvito said:

I don;t give a crap about the graphics, I just want 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 out of possession/3-2-5 in possession to actually work.

Again they didnt separate with ball and without tactic and they talk about real thing, tactic is most important thing they do wrong and dont care. I talk about this 4 years..look City with and without ball tactic... this in FM is not possible

On 26/09/2023 at 12:02, Zachary Whyte said:

FM24 Early Access will include the option to carry over your FM23 save.

Will it be possible to load data base from 2023? Because I spend 20 hours to set real attributes to players... so it will be possible thi or not?

2 minutes ago, agoran said:

Will it be possible to load data base from 2023? Because I spend 20 hours to set real attributes to players... so it will be possible thi or not?

Yes, you can carry over your save from FM23 over to FM24 however some certain features will not be available if you use your save from FM23.