Highest Transfer Fee Received In Non-League

Hi all currently managing Hyde United in the Vanarama National League. 

One of my players, a new gen signed for free after being released by Liverpool, was attracting interest from Championship clubs so I offered him out and ended up selling him to Watford for 6 million.

This to me seems like a crazy amount for non-league and he was just an average squad player at best.

Are these types of fees common in Non-League and what is the highest transfer fee you received for a player in Non-League?

Edited by GS_Ball

16 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

Thats mad, i've never had more than a few hundred thousand at best.

I did make 5 mill from a sell on fee once when in non-league though

It is mad, couldn't believe it myself!

I can imagine the sell on fees being very lucrative for a non-league club

I'm currently in the Conference National league, 4th season in non league and the most I've got is 10k for a player, in the past I've probably never sold anyone for more than 100k.

However on FM23 I did have a save in Northern Ireland where the quality is similar to English non leagues, and sold various youth products that had potential for big sums of money with the most being £17m which I found odd because they weren't worth that much, some worth no more than £100k but once they made it clear they wouldn't sign new contracts and big clubs were interested I started offering them out for like £30m and slowly dropped it until I got big offers. It seems like if a player has a lot of potential and interested clubs have a lot of money then they will pay way over the players worth to get them

5 hours ago, Brother Ben said:

Yeah it set the club up for years, its the holy grail for a non league club

Thanks to one big sale we were able to go professional, upgrade facilities and end up with a ridiculous wage budget for that level!

8 hours ago, Weed07 said:

I'm currently in the Conference National league, 4th season in non league and the most I've got is 10k for a player, in the past I've probably never sold anyone for more than 100k.

However on FM23 I did have a save in Northern Ireland where the quality is similar to English non leagues, and sold various youth products that had potential for big sums of money with the most being £17m which I found odd because they weren't worth that much, some worth no more than £100k but once they made it clear they wouldn't sign new contracts and big clubs were interested I started offering them out for like £30m and slowly dropped it until I got big offers. It seems like if a player has a lot of potential and interested clubs have a lot of money then they will pay way over the players worth to get them

Never managed in Northern Ireland before but it sounds like an interesting challenge.

Agreed think potential ability has a lot to do with it.