Inspiring India

TheNayr

This is an idea I've had for a while and yet never committed to, but I think the time is right. My main save in FM23 had been with Viktoria Zizkov in the Czech Republic but I need a break from that, dominating the league for years in a row but unable to get into the semis of the Champions League has annoyed me. Moving on.

INDIA!

The massive country in Asia. I've been there, I loved it. What a beautiful place with lovely people in it. Over 1.4 billion people there, yet football still yet to break through thanks to the juggernaut of cricket (Which is actually my favourite sport!). Yet, it is rising out there in popularity which is good. With a country of that size and wealth, it can only be a good thing for all of football as a whole.

Now then, what is the aim of this save? I want to personally lead the revolution of football in an entire country because I'm big headed with a massive ego. Football's importance is down as "Fairly unimportant" in the game which is the second lowest. India have NEVER played at the World Cup, they did qualify for the World Cup in 1950 Brazil, however they didn't partake in it due to a number of stated reasons including; Not being able to afford going, having to play with boots (They were barefoot at the time) and preferring to play in the Olympics. I want to take India to the World Cup and maybe produce some awesome regens. Getting into and winning the Asian Confederation Cup and Asian Champions League is also a priority to help grow the Indian league.

I will be taking on two roles, managing Bengaluru in the Hero Indian Super League. I have chosen them as I support Royal Challengers Bangalore in the Indian Premier League (cricket) so it makes sense to manage that football team as despite being named differently they belong to the same city and obviously manager of India.

The Banaglore stadium, Sree Kanteerava holds a very respectable 25,810 people.SreeKanteerava.webp.581a6fc42e9fa98d8ee643161bc1f97e.webp

However, that's nothing compared to India's national stadium Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Delhi the capital of India holding just over 60kjawaharlal-nehru-stadium-in-new-delhi-source-wikipedia.thumb.jpg.02fd82f2fdc914845be1270d6ef10819.jpg

Annoyingly though, they both have a running track around the pitch which I actively dislike stadiums like that.

India start out at rank 102 in the World, we will increase that massively, the highest ranking being 94. Not a lofty target to beat. They are led by the national football hero Sunil Chhetri. 37, 129 caps and 84 goals. He's still part of the set up, but for how much longer?!

I will also be starting as I currently am. I am an FA Level Two coach in real life so I'll be starting with National B licence, I am climbing the ranks of management in real life and currently coach U12s and U13s as well. Starting with Sunday league footballer as I'll be honest, I was never great at football, just enjoyed playing it. This is the start, hopefully whets the appetite of some people, especially as the next few days I'm quite busy with work and doing my other hobby making and editing Madden videos for Youtube, I f****** love American Football, I'm going out to America in just over 4 weeks to watch some live NFL action. Until next time, might be a few days, I'll update when I can. Pentagon.jpg.f93f8eb876ed6b4ad26bf043fbdf6cb8.jpg

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah I can't go to sleep or stop playing just yet, got that new save buzz. FM has been kind to me at the start of the save and gifted me two very good young regens already for the Indian national team. We'll save the most impressive one for last, this is Anthony Singh. Quick, relatively good crossing and alright dribbling. Maybe I let him marinate in the u21's of the national team for a year or two before calling him up. AnthonySingh.jpg.e701e1f01fcd8d847fd20275613cedb0.jpg

However this guy, according to the rankings of every Indian player in the national pool, he's the 5th best Indian in the world which I don't believe just yet, but bags of potential. Introducing Sanjay Fernandes who plays for Aizawl in the Indian league, but he could get a transfer abroad easily in the next few years, I will get him into the Indian setup straight away, he's going to lead this team into the future and to a World Cup. For Indian standards, he's our Messi. Unfortunately fickle personality.

SanjayFernandes.jpg.57de22605b68b7ea0a9f34f031011c74.jpg

Let's have a look at some of the other star boys of the Indian team as well shall we?

Starting off with 2, that's right. 2 goalkeepers who are both very highly rated, 1 is old and 1 is young. We'll look at the oldest guy first.

Gurpreet Singh SandhuGur.jpg.a121c9dfb620be1a0b8920b8f304ab19.jpg

He's alright, done a solid job as Indian number 1 and plays for Bengaluru which is a bonus for me. There is a young upstart looking to take his place.

Rohan Luthra

20 years old and plays for Cardiff, well, doesn't play for them but is part of their squad. Maybe I could tempt him over to India in a few years and replace Gurpreet? Who knows. But yes, future is looking good at GK.

Rohan.jpg.85e7b61c584147486cab47970a054d07.jpg

Next up we have an absolutely solid CB who also happens to play for Bengaluru haha! 28 years old, and a very good cornerstone of this Indian defense. Sandesh JhinganSandesh.jpg.8034ed150ee735b863254ff38326457d.jpg

We have ANOTHER young, good talent embedded in the English football system, a 19 year old CM and DM who is part of Villa's squad those he's currently wanted by a few Championship teams which might be great for his development if he gets playtime with them. This guy is gonna be an anchor in the midfield for years. Arjan Raikhy

Arjan.jpg.319aa2999f3e90c3691038fb4b75ff1b.jpg

Last but not least, I will show the LEGEND of the Indian football team. Sunil Chhetri. I will try and not disrespect him, but he's 37 now, I won't force him out just yet...maybe. But I'm guessing some of you might not have heard of this guy, so I'll show him off. What a guy!

Sunil.jpg.f49b1eab69d4a07370e401e3827e9515.jpg

Right, I will show some players and the facilities etc of Bengaluru in another post as I'm heading to bed shortly!

Until next time.

Right, let's have a gander at Bengaluru's starting position and the Indian league. A quick word on the Indian league first though, we have to have a MINIMUM of 4 foreign players in the squad, MAXIMUM of 6 foreign players and a MAXIMUM of 5 foreign players not including Asian players plus there's a salary cap of £31,500 a week.

Our starting balance is looking alright at just over £800k, but projections have us running at £-2.27m come the end of the year which isn't that nice. Maybe this will be even harder than I thought? I prefer playing with smaller teams so I'm used to playing in the red. 

Our 7 best players, believe it or not aren't Indian, that's something that in a few years I'd like to not be the case, but alas, not yet. The best player at the club according to my ass man is a player that we don't even own, that's always good! He's Alan Costa who's on loan from a Brazilian side Avaí Futebol Clube. He's a very good CB and I'll have a look around later but probably the best CB in the league.AlanCosta.jpg.e48150fe1160d86174afe72504199087.jpg

Next up we have Congolese international Prince Ibara. He's pretty decent but no doubt I could find someone better than him, especially as he played 17 games last season for Bengaluru and managed to score 0 goals. As someone who can ONLY play striker naturally that's quite troubling. I'll have to do my best to get something out of him by the looks of it.

Prince.jpg.90260ca069e383a0e9bd961b9dc5a470.jpg

Next up we have Pablo Perez who was recently playing in the second division in Spain with Sporting Gijon. He's far too good to be here and I'd imagine he won't sign a new contract when it needs renewing for next year. I expect him to run riot this season and probably end up winning player of the year.

Pabs.jpg.c5d033c81bc07fbbe53df7da1a3dd878.jpg

We have another Spaniard in our ranks, a bit of a journeyman at 33 and having played in 6 different countries in his career. We have him for 2 years and we'll definitely utilize him as he's very versatile and solid all round attributes but will he begin to fall of a cliff? Javi Hernandez.

Javi.png.1419969819664851cad05e2a6f4cdf55.png

Probably my favourite player at the team is a 34 year old FIJIAN! That's right, my team in Bangalore has a Fijian among the ranks and I love that. I'm fascinated by smaller footballing nations like Fiji, American Samoa etc. He's also a perfectionist so he'll be a great mentor. Unfortunately, he's on very nearly double of the next highest wage. So we're paying a pretty penny for Roy Krishna.

Roy.jpg.d140e19d076f5aeb4ac48f42e432f2df.jpg

I won't show you the last two guys, an Australian and a Brazilian as I'll be trying to get rid of them and they're the poorest of the foreign guys at the club but still rated higher than every Indian we have.

As stated in the post above going over the Indian national team we have three VERY good Indian players in Bengaluru. Gurpreet the GK, Sandesh the absolute rock solid CB and of course the national hero Sunil. They will be starting in my team near every game, providing injuries and suspensions let them of course. The rest of the homegrown players aren't really much to write home about unfortunately except for a regen that the game has given me. Now he's not incredible, but he can be something not only for this team but probably the Indian national team in a few years. I will be starting him most games for us. Anirudh Saini Ani for short because I'm a Star Wars guy. However, an unambitious personality might be his downfall.

Ani.jpg.b8de3309b9dc0737cdf3ef2c5566c6d7.jpg

Bengaluru have won the title twice 17/18 and 18/19, yet in the last two seasons have finished 7th and 6th. That's something I've got to rectify as we need continental football to help with the growth of the club and the league. Bengaluru were runners up of the Asian Confederation Cup (Asian Europa League) in 2016 so the Champions League is where we need to be aiming for and we can get there by winning the league or the Confed Cup. We don't have any continental competitions this year, so the main focus will be the league.

We only have £847 spare left in the wage budget so unless we get rid of the aforementioned Australian and Brazilian that I didn't show, chances of bringing someone else in is pretty low. 

We start with below average training and youth training facilities so not ideal, that's where our money will go when we eventually get some. Average junior coaching and above average youth recruitment isn't too shabby for this level. Chance of bringing someone pretty decent in the first intake maybe?

The board want me to qualify for the Confed Cup which I believe we can do, the season prediction has us winning the league which I'm happy with, especially with someone of our foreign imports  I think we can the league.

Right, we'll have a look at the league in the next post which I'll work on straight away.

Until next time.

Edited by TheNayr
Misunderstood the rules of the league.

1 hour ago, Carambau said:

This is great! You got a fan :) 

I'm glad to have you along for the journey, it will be hopefully a pleasant one and making India into some kind of footballing powerhouse, I doubt it. But a man can dream.

1 hour ago, oche balboa said:

Good luck with this mate 

Thank you, probably the hardest challenge I've given myself on FM.

So the Hero Indian Super League has 11 teams competing in it. That means we only play 20 games in the season which isn't that much. If we end up on a bit of bad form at any point during the season that could kill off a title challenge straight away, so I'll have to make sure that doesn't happen!! Something I didn't know is that the league ONLY runs for 5 months so we'll be blasting through the seasons. Starts in early October and ends early February but then there's a playoff stage that lasts for a little over a month leading to a MASSIVE off season. I'll be honest, I've been thinking of trying to launch my coaching career out in India for real using my FA coaching badges to do this challenge for real...we'll see. 

Top 6 qualify for the Champions Playoff so that's where we HAVE to be. Winner of the playoffs go into the Champions League. 2nd and 3rd go into the Confed Cup. So that's where we need to end up to realistically keep the challenge alive. In real life, the season we're about to play Bengaluru lost on pennies in the final to finish 2nd to Mohun Bagan who funnily enough in the game are rated 2000-1 to win the league so you could say it was a massive upset! 

The league is ranked 12th in Asia, it doesn't need to be said that need to make that rise, not only for money for the entire league but it will help attract better players to the league which obviously will help everyone. I don't want just Bengaluru to do well (It'll be bonus) but Indian growth is most important. Ideal scenario is some tycoon takes over another team in the league and invests so much money into that team. I don't need the help, but the AI teams do. 

Speaking of AI teams they have taken advantage of the foreign players, the media Dream 11 has only 1 Indian player in it, our GK Gurpreet. Hopefully in a few years that can be changed and we'll have some more Indians in it. 

The last winners on the league Hyderabad are already out of the Champions League, same story for Kerala in the Confed Cup, but don't worry guys. I'll help lead the charge for India now. That will be all for now, I need to crack on and get this save going. 

Until next time. 

I remember I once had a save in India and played A LOT of friendlies in off-season (like 1 match every week) to make money. And we indeed made quite some money through that :) 

Does the Durand Cup still exist there?

Edited by Carambau

So, a pretty long preseason lasting 3 months where I was able to schedule a few friendlies and a competition called the Durand Cup. A 4 group 5 team group stage before going into knockout stages featuring teams for the top 2 divisions and then lower leagues in India. The board didn't care how we did, but as it was a a cup, I thought I'd go for it as the team has never featured in the Final, and that run will have to continue as we walk the group stage but lose in the QF.Preseason.jpg.3705c0901a48a0599faa552c93c9adef.jpg

To make the salary cap and to try and ease some finance worries I had to sell three of the foreign guys we had. Well, sell two. Javi Hernandez who was the very versatile Spaniard. He was sold for £3.4k a shocking amount considering he'd only just joined us and his wages were £3.2k a week! The best player at the club, the Brazilian CB on loan, sent him back, saving £2.6k a week and then the other Brazilian I wanted to get rid of he was gone. I decided to keep the Australian that I wanted to dispose of. I'll run through the team that I have now the registration window has passed.

We have 2 GKs for the season, the undeniable #1 is Singh Sandhu. He'll play every game this season unless something comes up. The other guy is just as his contract states, a backup who'll see no playing time hopefully. Also a sidenote, Singh Sandhu has a 5 year contract. Hopefully he doesn't decline too rapidly, but as a GK he shouldn't.GKs.jpg.a1d9b4156eeaf4105fe11b6a465a0fbb.jpg

Next up we have the defense, lead by the aforementioned Aussie which I'll show in detail after this post. I have made two signings, one of them being Rahul Bheke. His ability to play anywhere along the back 3 is vital. I won't show him, just because he's 31 and signed as an emergency backup from Mumbai for £1.6k. We may have the best CB pairing in the league with Jhingan the national team CB and Aleksander JovanovicJhingan and Jovanovic's contracts are up next year. I definitely want to keep our Indian rock but I'll shop around to see if I can find better Aussie boy, though he's not bad but I can do better. 

Def.jpg.3718fe1c1d979b7223d99f0418c25fa0.jpg

Aussie.jpg.7467e4c908df4d02e687060ed9aa3649.jpg

Next up the DMs and midfielders are a weakness of the team. We'll be lead in the centre of the field, well I say centre, I run 2 DM's by Ani the 16 year old regen we started with Raikhy on loan, the guy from Aston Villa!!!! I cannot believe that he wanted to join me on loan, especially with a few Championship teams wanting to sign him. I guess the appeal of first team football was better. I could've also got the Cardiff Gk Luthra here too, but we didn't need him. I mean, maybe next year, depends on Sandhu's decline. Don't pay too much attention to the English guy Hickson he really isn't that good and won't have much a future here, especially as he doesn't have Indian 2nd nationality.

Mid.jpg.82df451db4403d9c4784dcb0bb892141.jpg

Now, moving onto our most impressive unit. Our attacking threat is bloody brilliant, led by our three foreign guys Krishna, Perez, Ibarra. Behind them is not much, but I'll give some playing time (From the bench) to the young Narayanan He's alright but nothing spectacular with no redeeming features. Prasad is alright and as he's younger, I might bring him on over Nara. Again though, nothing to get excited about over him.Att.thumb.jpg.7425bb6447ef876502af4149753888b8.jpg

I'm about to start the main league season. We have drifted from being the favourites to win the league to the third favourite, probably a combination of getting rid of players and other teams getting players in. Honestly, I'd take coming third right now. I just want to guarantee Continental football though obviously I am aiming higher. On a plus side, our projected finances at the end of the season have risen from £-2.4m to a much better £-1.3m so that's something. 

Our Indian U23s played in the Asian Games and unfortunately didn't perform well and didn't get out of the group stage.Asiangames.jpg.8abcc5a4ee9dedadb1dc31d4392af73e.jpg

Our U20s had an Asian Cup Qualifying group stage and they got through winning the group!! So that's a lovely start. Can't see any future games soon, hopefully the draw is soon.

AsianCup.jpg.2d33181d1905fff0e8c0d91d9a40b959.jpg

Until next time.

19 hours ago, Ronaldo Beckham said:

I have been wanting to do a dual save in India with Indian Dragos who can only sign Indian players and the Indian national team but just never got round to doing it.

I look forward to seeing how you get on in your save. 

Good luck buddy.

That would be a shockingly hard challenge. The foreign players are very much needed, especially in the Continental competitions. I don't feel like putting myself through that kind of Hell haha!

19 hours ago, Carambau said:

I remember I once had a save in India and played A LOT of friendlies in off-season (like 1 match every week) to make money. And we indeed made quite some money through that :) 

Does the Durand Cup still exist there?

As you see in the post above, it does. Whilst it'll probably always be not important to the board, I think I'll always go for it. It's great pre-season to help get the boys match fit.

1 hour ago, TheNayr said:

That would be a shockingly hard challenge. The foreign players are very much needed, especially in the Continental competitions. I don't feel like putting myself through that kind of Hell haha!

As you see in the post above, it does. Whilst it'll probably always be not important to the board, I think I'll always go for it. It's great pre-season to help get the boys match fit.

Yeah I don't think I will ever get round to doing it because of how hard it will be.

So the start of the season didn't go well in two particular ways. Starting off with 4 draws. None of them were like "Oh we were so unlucky". Nope. Just poor showings and never really deserved to win. We lead the league in possession, but we're doing sweet F*** all with the ball. No wonder Prince Ibara scored no goals in 17 games last year. He's useless. 

Fixtures.jpg.204642ca39e2a3af0e2b7b143c89b635.jpg

Then after that disappointing start, an absolutely KILLER bombshell. The Aussie is out and will miss the whole season, if not 95% of it due to an injury which he sustained in training after game 2 . So not only are we down one of our marquee players, he's going to be a big waste of money to us. Brilliant. Star forwards for the other teams will feast on our weak defense going forward. The outlook of this season has become quite bleak and a top 3 place is going to become a lot harder. Maybe my time in Bengaluru won't be as long as I first thought.

Injury.jpg.7ebc63344ab9e341530ece7f01775dc8.jpg

On some good news, the chairman agreed to improve both junior coaching and recruitment, get in! I thought I'd ask before we go into the red. So that is a big win at the end of the poor first month. Onwards and upwards.

Budget.jpg.5fd6379d9ed6e86a6d008c03c3454cd9.jpg

Recruit.jpg.0344e7a0bc9f6f066927bf7d470b31a2.jpg

Until next time.

Well well well.

What a turn around of fortune and play by our players. A beautiful two months have just happened. We're still unbeaten in the league despite losing Aussie boy, our all Indian defense and GK have kept us in games whilst our high powered attacking unit have been firing in goals! Even Ibarra has come good. After starting the season with 1 goal in 4 games he's currently sitting on 11 goals in 12 games, so a massive improvement.

Fixtures.jpg.eb3946b0e445a8f347bfaf9fc218946d.jpg

With such a good run and being unbeaten so far we'd be clear at the top right? Wrong. Mumbai are matching us stride for stride. We play them next at home, that could be the title decider with 8 games left to play. Although Kerela and Bengal could have something to say in this race, who knows?!

Table.jpg.f9b6ecdda0b193c8297f321debe5a940.jpg

We have had our youth intake preview come in and it looks alright, but doesn't look amazing. A supposed golden generation but no As in the initial report? I think I won't get too excited until they actually come through,

Intake.jpg.85c86a31d5033f4c538d9c1720c9dace.jpg

Last bit of news and it's definitely not least, India! We finally have some fixtures for the important part of the save. Late next year we have the Asian Nations Cup. In real life, the competition which runs every 4 years since 1956 much like the Euros or Copa America, India have only every qualified 4 times. We have to be making this every time, it's definitely a competition I want to win some time in the save, it's very important. It's a tough group with Saudi Arabia, Iran and Hong Kong. We should beat HK but lose the other 2 games, well we'll see when it comes around. Now, I've a title decider to play soon.

Until next time.

Well, a bit of a disappointing end to the end of the season. We couldn't beat Mumbai at home, so that was a blow to our chances of winning the league. Then 2 games later we lost our unbeaten streak which curtailed the end of our title charge really with Mumbai remaining unbeaten and finishing first. Here we're doing some learning though. Now, Mumbai have finished first. Does this mean that they "Win" the league and go through to the Champions League, or is it whoever wins the playoff? I finished 2nd in the league, does that mean I'm in the Confed Cup next year? We'll find out together as I'll be playing the playoffs soon.

Fixtures.jpg.3df5171eb38c536cbea737360b2a18c9.jpg

Table.thumb.jpg.d3192b09663230d77f86cdf32c794802.jpg

We'll go through all the stats and what have you with an end of season preview. Just wanted to get out the update as we've finished the league system for this year.

Until next time.

And we fall a little short. Losing in the final of the playoffs to Mumbai. They are Champions of India, and like real life. Bengaluru loses the final on pennies. We were comfortably the worst team in the final and had to come from behind after all 3 goals. We were lucky to get to pens so I can't be too disheartened by the defeat. They get into the Champions League, but at least we get continental football next year!

Final.jpg.18d6c0bb3a7bbd396a563cef7b2ced28.jpg

Although, the season isn't over....another competition has popped up out of nowhere. It wasn't shown all throughout the season in the competition pages, but AFTER the league playoffs have finished we're now playing in the Hero Super Cup which the board want us to reach the semis minimum. It's like the Durand Cup pre-season, in teams for top and 2nd division compete against one another, so that's unusual that there was no mention of it until the regular season had finished! 

We've had our youth intake and it looks alright, but nothing spectacular yet, we'll need a few more years for that! Only 2 'Elite' talents and well, they aren't really elite at all. Under the top 3 'Good' players there nothing really worth looking at, I'll only show the the top 2 guys as it's not really that good haha.

Intake1.jpg.16e9f86725cfd0aebe709fdd1034b31e.jpg

Intake2.jpg.cdaa755382e5389214fc8d2b4281f324.jpg

Ayush CK definitely has good height at 6'3 but that's all that's decent. Low determination sucks here, I doubt he will progress much but obviously we'll try to develop him.

Ayush.jpg.71b689d39776afda9023a93577156c38.jpg

Now then, this is the guy who could be pretty good. Decent mentals, good physicals and very good determination. This guy might find himself close to the first time pretty soon to help develop him. Annoyingly he wants £400 a week at 15 but could be worth it, gonna try get him mentored as soon as possible.

Deepak.jpg.49ed706439f77ca6483fa18c8a002532.jpg

I'm sure that a couple of other decent young players have spawned at other sides which would be nice. Anyway, let's look at some stats shall we?

I say look at, I don't want loads of pictures taking up loads of space, so I'll keep it short and sweet. We lead the way with average possession which was 56% which is my style in real life and in game, have more of the ball and you'll probably do well. However, this didn't really translate too well to goals. We were 2nd with 48, Mumbai were clear in first with 59 goals during the season. Our early form of 2 goals in 4 games ensured we didn't win the title. XG we finished 3rd with 31, 10 behind Mumbai again in first with an XG of 41. In terms of attacking play, we're far behind Mumbai, along with everyone else. Over the course of the 20 games we completed almost over 1000 more passes than the team in 2nd which is fantastic, we're a slick passing unit with good possession, and had the best completion rate of 83%. So, we're playing exactly how I like, just need greater impetus going forward/in front of goal as we were 3rd in shots on target and shots taken.

Prince Ibara the Congolese international who scored 0 goals last year in the league absolutely blitzed it with 26 goals this year! His mid season form made me think about giving him a contract extension yet he rejected my offer and is joining a team in Belgium. I already have his replacement though, who is better. Mumbai's top scorer scored 32 of their 59 goals and as it stands he's not got a new contract yet, so if they don't sign him. Maybe next year could be our year?

Jorge Pereyra Diaz is the Mumbai guy.

Jorge.jpg.ab2dd49a9d3be3aaccfe5d1467664595.jpg

Right, I'm off to play this Super cup thingy and get into the off season.

Until next time.

The Super Cup thingy as I called it last time, started off well. We get out of the group stages but lost in the semis to Kerala who aren't a bad team. But as there was no monetary incentive or anything like that. I don't care, we got to the semis which the board wanted so all good. Moving on quickly.

Prince Ibara unfortunately left us after banging in 26 league goals last year which was a shame, but I have gotten in someone who is better not by much though so no dramas on that front. We've gone from Congolese to Nigerian with Ogana Louis from the 2nd division here in India, and he's not the only player we got from the league below. He's a solid all round guy up front who hopefully is successful. he's here on a free on a 2 year contract, I'm happy with him.OganaLouis.jpg.ccf50416b7abbc2f99b28261e8e621a9.jpg

We've gotten in two more foreign imports. One to replace the Aussie and one to replace the Fijian Roy Krishna who retired out of nowhere. I'm not too disheartened as he was on a very large £7k a week contract so to get rid of that, I'm happy with. Let's look at his replacement first and this is definitely an upgrade, he's the guy from the league below, Argentinian Alexis Gomes on a nice 3 year contract, he's going to hopefully be an attacking force. Will do very well on the left wing, though could play AMC if needed. Paid £40k for him, £20k upfront, good bit of business and potential re-sale value as well!

AlexisGomez.jpg.ecefcf28132595c4c94c36366a254a83.jpg

Now then, how do you replace a 33 year old Aussie CB with injury problems? By bringing in a 33 year old Brazilian CB on a free from Saudi Arabia. Meet Lazaro. He's here for a year unless he performs miracles and keeps his attributes. He should be a very good option for us as our number 1 CB, providing he doesn't miss 5 months unlike a certain Aussie!!! 

lazaro.jpg.459c6fcc0ce0ade8e649a56483233795.jpg

We had him in on loan last year and he must've loved it here. We signed Arjan Raikhy on a free from Aston Villa which I absolutely love. 2 year deal he'll hopefully stay after that too.

Moving onto India news now!

We had a competition, the Asian Nations Cup where the plan was to just not be embarrassed and let me tell you something, we certainly did not!  Well, maybe a little bit...but we got out of the group stages as a lucky loser! Iran and Saudi played us off the park in both games losing 2-5 to Iran and 1-3 to Saudi respectively after beating Hong King 2-1.

Asiannations.jpg.95c0437778235b1a64ea500b84791c12.jpg

Our reward for getting through was a 2nd round tie against Japan who battered us. It wasn't pretty at all! The Indian FA were delighted to get out of the group stages so that's all that matters. I didn't get sacked and good progress for the nation especially as already I started a few regens a 16 year old and 4 17 year olds, we had a very young squad. Also made sure to play the two English born Indians in Raikhy our player and Rohan Luthra the GK with Cardiff to make sure they couldn't turn us down in the future. The World Cup qualifying starts in 61 days but the draw hasn't been done yet.

japan.jpg.44912801eb530cb07d9d829c0a2d7812.jpg

Time to finish pre-season and play the Durand Cup. I'll do a rundown of the squad before the season starts and our World Cup group stage should be drawn by then.

Until next time.

Edited by TheNayr

Nice replacement in attack! A lot of Nigerian players are based in the indian leagues, at least the last time I played threre with FM. This guy seems very capable indeed. And great to hear you were able to sign an Indian player from an EPL club - I was never able to do that in my india save... this could be the main guy for the india national team in the future :) 

Edited by Carambau

58 minutes ago, Carambau said:

Nice replacement in attack! A lot of Nigerian players are based in the indian leagues, at least the last time I played threre with FM. This guy seems very capable indeed. And great to hear you were able to sign an Indian player from an EPL club - I was never able to do that in my india save... this could be the main guy for the india national team in the future :) 

Yeah I was very surprised to see he was in the 2nd division in India, definitely a top league player, same for the Argentinian that I picked up. I just had a look around the 2nd division and there are more players I want, including what look to be the future Indian GK and a 17 year old I was starting up front in the Asian Nations Cup, I need to get him in! I'm seeing a lot of nations here in India, mainly in my save seems to be Spanish and Argentinian. The 4 foreign player rule, 5 with an added Asian makes sure there are lots of different nationalities here. I saw Raikhy was available to talk to, tried my luck and he agreed. I maybe had to overpay on his wages but I wanted to be sure we secured him. He's only improved minimally, maybe due to our below average training facilities. However, due to the standard of the league and the Asian nations, he's going to be a key player for years for India and hopefully for me at Bengaluru. 

Arjan.thumb.jpg.ba92f389ff51dbd16baad528f95c7aeb.jpg

The start of the season is upon us as the Confederation Cup starts just before the Indian domestic season. We're annoyingly still in the Durand Cup, despite fielding the worst team ever to probably start a team in it. I wanted to lose the quarter finals and rested my preferred 11 due to the Confed Cup starting a few days later, however we beat Kerala AET. As you can see, there's no way we should've won, but we did!

11.jpg.407c0ce19a38f53308fa1686b27ba658.jpg

Right, I don't know if I'm being over-confident but, I think I should walk this group and win every game by at least 2 goals. That's the thinking, we'll see if I'm right in a few weeks game time haha.

Confed.thumb.jpg.ef69bfdade2055556746b02e7acce54c.jpg

Jamshedpur the other Indian team have a group with teams from: Maldives, Nepal and Bangladesh, winning their first game 5-2. Hopefully they get through the group stages as well. Mumbai in the Asian Champs League have teams from Turkmenistan, Iran and Qatar in their group stage, they've played 1 and lost it unfortunately. 

We're still rocking and rolling with Singh Sandhu he's the clear number 1, but I might try and get an upgrade next year..maybe.

GKs.jpg.b87ae08e651bab5eef30a0153a140725.jpg

Unlike last year, we have 2 good foreign players playing for us. Last year the wage budget wouldn't allow for a 5th good foreign player but this year I've been able to get in another Asian for the extra space. I'll show in after the main defense picture. Lazaro and Jhingan will be the starting CBs when the Indian is back from injury. Bheke who can play all the way along the back will be starting at RB and the new signing North Korean Kim Chol-Bom (I did have some reservations of signing him due to my feelings of North Korea in real life, but I decided to get him) will be our LB. He's much like our Brazilian, solid but not spectacular. Here for 2 years, he can play CB if needed too but hopefully he doesn't need to play there often.Defense.thumb.jpg.bfead3fa842a9de621034e18e847452b.jpg

Kim.jpg.3f9dfc6406ecd5b7f722bd69fdcce5d3.jpg

I had to bundle in the DMs, midfield and attack as a few defenders could play midfield so to get rid of them I had to put the rest together. Our attacking unit like last year is definitely the strength of this time, and unfortunately for the rest of the league we've gotten stronger there despite losing two players. I'm expecting to win the League this year but the board will be happy with a top 3 finish again, so there's some safety there incase we under perform.

Thrrest.thumb.jpg.41f5550389dd46cbc416b458b027640c.jpg 

We are favourites to win the league and like I said, I EXPECT to win it. Right, time into get into the Confed Cup and smash everyone. 

Until next time.

Nice save idea. I'm currently doing a build nation save with Iraq, it is a slow slog, and beating the Saudis in the CL is proving a near-impossible task. 

I was in the stadium when Bengaluru played in the final of the Confed cup a few years ago, although I was cheering for the other side. Met some lovely fans 

Good luck!

13 hours ago, Ace40 said:

Nice save idea. I'm currently doing a build nation save with Iraq, it is a slow slog, and beating the Saudis in the CL is proving a near-impossible task. 

I was in the stadium when Bengaluru played in the final of the Confed cup a few years ago, although I was cheering for the other side. Met some lovely fans 

Good luck!

Thank you! Yeah I doubt I'll have much CL success until many years into the future if at all tbh haha. Luckily the main focus on the save is India and not Bengaluru! I love smaller nations that have potential like Iraq, India etc. They could become powerhouses and that's the fun of this challenge! I didn't catch any football when I was in India, but this is striking a love for me with Indian football, when I go back to India (whenever that is) I'll definitely try catch some.

Continuing on from using a whole rotated 11 with a couple of people playing in wrong positions we won in the semis and lost in the final of the Durand Cup AET. The fact we pushed Mumbai who scored in the 91st minute to push ET was pretty funny.

I said we'd win every game in the Confed Group stage by at least 2 goals has turned out to be correct so far, it's been **** easy, we're way too good for these teams. In the game against S.S.G.C we were legit 6-0 up in 14 minutes and I was expecting a cricket score haha! But we calmed down and just continued to dominate the game. I'm just waiting to get out of the group stages and play other teams in Asia and we become the whipping boys, Jamshedpur the other Indian team have also won every game in their group, not as rampant as us, but that's good for Indian football. Mumbai in the Champions League haven't been as successful losing 3 of their first 4 games and winning the other 1. Not so good for them.

We have already lost in the league which sucks, we were basically full strength too so there isn't much of an excuse. They had 3 shots on target and scored 2 of them from 5 total shots. We had 12 total shots, 4 on target but couldn't score, a shame. The other games in the league have been painless. We have a couple of games in hand though so hopefully we can get on top via them and stay them, that loss better be the only 1 we suffer!!

Fixtures.jpg.c035048d5cff625df7f6edee7f7acf62.jpg

Table.jpg.57cfad6bee3a165314ab565b98ab0543.jpg

Despite being over a million in the red I thought I'd try my luck and try improve the youth coaching and recruitment and it's my great pleasure to announce that they agreed! You don't ask, you don't get. I'll check at the end of the season, but I'd imagine that we have the best youth set up in the country perhaps?

Coaching.jpg.40157f17cd1e8c85adb1a4aecd93d71a.jpg

Recruit.jpg.f42dbb18ac1ba3c91375481123e86176.jpg

Finally onto some India news, we know our group for World Cup qualification and if I'm being honest, I think we get through this group. Maybe not as winners, but we'll qualify. However, getting through doesn't mean we're in the World Cup, there's still like 2 stages of qualifying afterwards I believe, so I can't get ahead of myself too much. Chinese Taipei (156th) and Palestine (106th) should be victories, but we'll struggle against U.A.E (64th) I think. But we shall see.

WC.jpg.f2d88671421e6ed0f0540f69feb4e747.jpg

Until next time.

We've just ticked over into January 2024 and things are going well. We're continuing to play well and get some good results, let's have a check! So We did win every Confed Cup game by at least 2 goals, we were just so much better than these other teams. Our reward for topping the group with +25 goal difference is a South Asian Zone Final against Jamshedpur who won their group, This is all new and exciting to me. That two legged final isn't until mid February, it'll be interesting to see what happens if we beat them. Mumbai only had 2 wins in their group stage and didn't get through, 

The loss in the league at home to Goa was stupidly infuriating. We didn't play bad, we played brilliantly, but just got unlucky. I'll post a match recap below so you can see how unlucky we got. The draws were we played well just not good enough to win. However we sit top of the table with a game in hand on the team in 2nd. Hopefully we remain at the top until the end of the season!

Fixtures.jpg.198397cf002449ee3b3352cdc1f1981a.jpg

Table.jpg.e6a360430fc8bb3c981a44bc24ee41a1.jpg

Match.jpg.2b24988c4ace6d60a2b7f29c3b0a6431.jpg

Confed.jpg.421f0cebc65e94e023a0f2abaf8e4c45.jpg

We've had our youth intake preview and much like last year it doesn't look to be promising despite being told it could be a golden generation and that we upgraded the youth coaching and recruitment. I guess we'll have to wait until March to see!

Intake1.jpg.b2c6ba6fac08d900635c69a8c2349be9.jpg

INDIA! 

We had a fantastic start to our World Cup qualifying group! Not only did we win the 2 games we were meant to against Palestine and Chinese Taipei but Palestine beat U.A.E which could be huge! I expected U.A.E to win this group, so to suffer a loss to Palestine could severely dent their chances to come top! WC.thumb.jpg.63f55a104b476604a87fdf9cf33e49af.jpg

Until next time.

It's been a couple of months in game time and we've just had the youth intake so it's a good time to come back and show what's been going on! Despite it being labelled as a golden generation, again it wasn't haha. I doubt we'll get anyone ever stupidly good, the game importance in India is just too low. But maybe with development, we can do something with them. When looking at youth teams in India when teams have been announced there are some alright looking youngsters, just not on our team, yet!

Intake1.jpg.424b5b4c82779ff363e09cddeafc1e00.jpg

Intake2.jpg.016d081655217d4fc9fb77cc8fb3c047.jpg

Franky Chatterjee is the only one worth showing as our only 'Elite' prospect but he's never going to be elite. It's hard to sign many of the players due to their unreal wage demands, all wanting in excess of £300 a week. Considering we're hemorrhaging money every week as it is, it's just not viable and probably won't be anytime soon.

Franky.jpg.9b9e0747c219e533caf939d03e7879f6.jpg

We were very impressive in the last bit of the league, winning every game except in game where I rotated the team for the Confed Cup South Asian final first leg which we won and the second leg which we got near £400k for winning which we really needed. Upon winning that we moved on to the Interzone playoff where we're playing a North Korean team called Hwaebul but as you can see, a nice 4-0 first leg win. We're playing them next where looks like we'll be playing Melbourne City, I expect them to ANHILIATE us haha. Not looking forward to that.

We finished the league top of the table but as we know from last year, that doesn't mean we've won. We've gotta go through the playoffs, so we need to maintain our good form and make sure we win to get into the Asian Champions League next year.

Fixtures.jpg.2269492ccbf246a29976f02c85b9b495.jpg

Table.jpg.3fbc91d680d2f90f3eae76cdbc7a3d8d.jpg

We also have experienced a takeover which is nice, new fresh leaders in the boardroom....however it was an internal takeover and not some billionaire Indian who's going to pump money into the club! It was also really quick, the ex-chairman revealed he wanted to step aside and within 2 weeks, a new leader was unveiled. 

Takeover.jpg.fa7246245a85c7832e82f604b80f0c94.jpg

India!

As for our continuing World Cup qualifying, we play U.A.E away and Chinese Taipei later in the month of March. We have to win against CT especially as I'm expecting a loss to U.A.E. Maybe I can prove myself wrong? I don't think so. I'd take a draw if it was offered to me now.

Until next time.

14 hours ago, Sizeman21 said:

Enjoying your career so far! Go Bengaluru!

Hey thanks dude! I'm having a real fun time playing this. Hopefully gonna be a long, fun career! It's good to hear that others are enjoying it as well.

So, what happens when your team gets decimated by injuries, international call ups (Which you did yourself) and a competition where you can't have Under 21s play without registering them? You get this.

Match.jpg.744fc1795f4fe2fad12ffb87131d65f7.jpgMatch2.thumb.jpg.615626db24dc44e1446a9c56f92427d9.jpg

In our playoff semi final 2nd leg against Guwahati we had to field a cobbled together 11 and no subs. It was stressful and I was thinking we could throw away a 2-0 headstart from the 1st leg and we'd lose out on playing in the Asian Champions League despite winning the league pretty comfortably. We nearly did. 

Semi.jpg.af2e6aa38539a25d4319b88e1999e509.jpg

Going down 2 earlyish on I was fuming and already thinking we'd lost. But a spirited 2nd half ensured we were able to continue the journey and face Odisha in the final with our team back to full strength basically. 

Odisha.jpg.bd9075314e4d1a913be804a53191891a.jpg

And boy, did we need it. They pushed us hard despite us having 61% of the ball, but we got the victory. CHAMPIONS! We lift the trophy, champions of India and book our ticket to the Asian Champions League next year. Get in there! Speaking of continental football...

Mel.jpg.a23d3d747f64dd6e4e52f645f9abcb92.jpg

We actually beat Melbourne in the Interzone Playoff!! Truly unexpected. we dominated the ball in both games. 67% at home and 62% away. My possession style football coming in big and giving us an unexpected victory over 2 legs against a team I considered to be much stronger. However, Louis our Nigerian striker got injured in the 2nd leg and would be out of the main final, the actual final of the Confed Cup against a team from Syria, Al-Jaish a team I thought we'd win against.

Confed.jpg.f2c83917c3b3c184bfc4cc3aaad511d6.jpg

Wrong, we missed our Nigerian Nightmare big time. We couldn't score after a very even game. Unfortunately we watched them lift the Cup. We still pocketed £650ish from losing which really helped...but it stings to lose in the final. Oh well, you can't win every single game. 

On the bright side, we used the money from our good Confed Cup cup run to good use.

Coaching.jpg.301d9b68068c56710e3a35a18b5d5fb0.jpg

Recruit.jpg.e6b0b76c2070ea14595d87ca69bd0ec9.jpg

training.jpg.372d5541fbfc16328b40261c40459d48.jpg

youthtraining.jpg.837a4291ac1f4d0739470363a3626048.jpg

The training facilities will only go to average which isn't amazing, but it's a start. The board refused the improvement to youth coaching and recruitment but after a quick debate they agreed to do it. Hopefully with excellent and established, we can maybe start to see the improvement in the next couple of intakes as the previous 2 haven't been good.

Last little bit in this update before we look at the squad and some stats in the next post which I'll do right after this one. India.

We played U.A.E away and lost, which was expected but only 1-0 loss, though they dominated the game with 73% possession and 15 shots compared to our 8. A loss was always expected but only by 1 goal makes me think at home, we could maybe do something? However, the next game at home to Chinese Taipei we dropped points due to an early red card.

Redcard.jpg.0d7fa94d89ab5287fcc83d44d1839e00.jpg

The 92nd minute goal was a real killer as we played alright despite being down to 10 men. With 2 games to go. U.A.E are on 9 points, we're on 6, Palestine on 4 and CT on 1. We played Palestine away and U.A.E. at home. A win against Palestine secures a qualification to the next round then a win against U.A.E secures an easier team in the next round (Obviously against a team who came 2nd in their group) so we could maybe avoid a team like Japan or South Korea.

Until next time.

Let's have a little look at some stats, starting out with our lovely little run to the Confederation Cup final, hopefully our last time in that competition with Bengaluru. I'm considering in a few years of going to another Indian team to help build them up after dominating with Bengaluru. No surprises here, the top 3 dudes are the foreign lot in attacking play. In general though, I had a very good squad who played well all throughout the campaign. Maybe the average ratings are inflated due to the **** easy first group stage against the easy teams? Overall though, very happy. Because I'm salty, I do believe that if Ogana Louis was fit, we would've won the final. Louis finished the competition with a leading with 17 goals, Pablo Perez was 2nd with 11 and Alexis Gomez finished with most assists at 10. We were the best team in the entire competition. We didn't finish top with possession though! Adelaide United took that honour with 70% and we finished 2nd with 67%. We finished the competition obviously with most goals at 47, 16 clear of 2nd. However, as I've mentioned, probably because of the easy early group stage...

Confed.thumb.jpg.4037e7cdc28ad38d7b78159a75784507.jpg

So let's have a look at more of an even playing field, the league. Again leading the way in goals and assists is our marauding front three of international imports. However, our Indian CB Jhingan after 24 games was able to hold onto a really good average rating throughout the season which I'm really happy with. Lazaro was only 0.01 behind him in average ratings so he wasn't exactly poor either, but he shall be leaving this season as I won't be renewing his contract, but much like him replacing the Aussie, I'm replacing him with a much younger, better Brazilian! But more of that another time.

League.thumb.jpg.85aa121027824fb619de32159742af9e.jpg 

Despite winning the league a little easy at the backend, we don't finish with a top 3 goalscorer or assister. Just goes to show how well we played as a team for the season.

Stats.jpg.22b637d2820f2c1725489bd719f4ea89.jpg

We dominated the possession table though leading the league with an average of 65% a game, next up was Odisha with 54%. We had the most goals with 58, despite no-one really dominating and taking all the goals. Guwahati were next up with 49. Much like last year, again we lead the way with an 86% pass completion rate and an passes completed of 16,233, nearly 4000 more than the team in 2nd. As i've already stated, I love possession based football when I coach in real life and playing this game. Dominating the ball is my philosophy. It goes without saying we lead the league in total shots taken and shots on target as well.

In the league, we only average 52% of our stadium being used, hopefully that can go up in the next few years, with an average of 13,509. I would love to get more fans in watching regularly, it would help grow the game and our finances! The highest average attendance by capacity is Mumbai with 66%, you know what. I'll just do some pictures and we can see them year by year. See if we really are growing.

Bycap.jpg.96ac52c67ec5bfbe71717c4089375b7d.jpg

Byatten.jpg.1be31fe1d049899cd745b001a5b8c541.jpg

Also, I forgot to mention the post 2 posts before this where I talk about the takeover, the new chairman is Faisal Modkhali. Just after doing that post, my game crashed and I lost about 3 weeks progress. The old chairman still wanted to step aside and we got a new chairman, again no funds but a new chairman called Durga Rai.

Right, last little bit before I have an off and pre-season to get into. Finances. We have been in the red for most of the save as we're losing money every month. Hopefully our time in the Asian Champions League can be beneficial for us financially. The last board helped during the season and injected £1m with 2x £500k payments. Hopefully the new chairman and board will do the same otherwise we'd look a lot worse. Winning the league and our Confed Cup brought us in over a million. We're struggling a bit to stay afloat. We spend over £500k more a year than the next team in the league which is Mumbai who fell in the playoff quarter finals in the league.

Finances.jpg.72c9ee0bce777d1498c87f6af3493dde.jpg

Until next time.

Let's switch things up and start with some India business yes? 

So, we had two games left in the first group stage of World Cup qualifying, away to Palestine and home to U.A.E. A win against Palestine would've secured qualification. Except we didn't beat them. We drew 0-0 even after they had a man sent off after the 18th minute, I thought that was it, the win was in the bag. NOPE. Meaning had we lost or even drawn to U.A.E which was expected and Palestine won, we were out of the WC qualifying...

UA.E..jpg.0ef3bb7bfc2f4055f445ac4f37d4e5f1.jpg

Unlucky Palestine. Who did win btw, so this must win game, we pulled through and played brilliantly. Onto the next round of qualifying. Top 2 from each group make it into the World Cup, 3rd and 4th go into another round of qualifying. We'll struggle to make into the next round is my assessment. 

WorldCup.jpg.f7721f01dac220321b370b824d7d7291.jpg

We have played our first 2 games, beating Lebanon 2-1 at home before getting humbled away by Saudi.

WC.jpg.6fb2c9ef89d708c5b1be487d010cc92c.jpg

Moving onto Bengaluru business. Again we're wasting our time in the Duran Cup haha. We got through our group stage with a score aggregate 29-2 after 4 games. We have our group for the Champions League. I don't rate our chances at all, with only 1 team going through, we're going to be 1 and done I'm thinking haha!

CL.jpg.3027f2f8aa1daa27e9202288bbbe1676.jpg

We let Lazaro go, he was the only big name to leave, we let a few players leave after their contracts expired and other teams doing a couple of pre-contract agreements. As I said in the last post, or the one before that, I have a much better replacement. Meet Philipe Maia and he's brilliant. So glad we've got him, 2 year deal as well. He was playing in the Saudi 2nd division. He's gonna be awesome for us!

Philipe.jpg.9e585f597de8510da1d37e76e5f8a979.jpg

I was trying basically nearly every 2 weeks from January to sign this guy on a pre-contract from Sheffield United and he had 0 interest in signing for me. He eventually signed a new 1 year deal at Sheffield, I was able to get him in on loan, hopefully he likes it here and I can approach him on Jan 1st and he'll want to join full time then? This is Sai Sachdev who will be my starting RB for this season. Being able to potentially get him here would be absolutely huge.

Sai.jpg.953158369b9f3e3ffa759e0b8392cf47.jpg

Time to get into the new season and get destroyed in the Champions League. I'd go through the team showing the positions and who's playing, but there's no new changes or depatures apart from what I've mentioned and this update already seems massive so I will leave you to it,

Until next time.

10 hours ago, Carambau said:

Congratulations! Nice to see your facilities improving, this is one of the most important factors to dominate in the future :) And what a win against Melbourne! :applause:

I've been wanting to do the facilities from early on, but being in the red for most of the save made it impossible to ask for upgrades, but the amazing Confed Cup run enabled me to get it. Speaking of which, I still can't get over the Melbourne result it was a huge result over 2 legs! However, coming up against much bigger sides in the Asian Champions League haven't been as fun as I'm soon to post about haha!

I've pushed forward by a couple months, I just can't stop playing this save. I'm in love with it! Let's get into it. So, unfortunately there are a few too many reds for my liking. Ignore the Durand Cup Q/F it was an entirely rotated 11, as you know by now. I care nothing for that competition as it offers nothing as a reward for winning.

As to be expected the Champions League is a lot harder than the Confed Cup. The Qatarian and Saudi outfits are a class above us. They each have multiple players on their teams who earn in excess of double our ENTIRE weekly wage budget. Coming up against teams like that, we'll never compete. Except if you scroll down we did actually beat Al-Ittihad at home 4-0 amazingly. So maybe it's not that hard, just need to work on a good away tactic. If it keeps up though, might be more beneficial to play in the Confed Cup where we can do better and earn more money. Winning a game in the ACL is only £43k. A lot different from winning in the ECL! Coming 3rd in the group which we did offers nothing either. Speaking of the Confed Cup, both Indian teams won their groups and play each other in the South Zone final, we'll check on them later.

Drawing 3 games already in the League has annoyed me, I think we're better than this, but evidently not. We lie in 2nd currently, 2 points behind the leaders Chennai with a game in hand. I believe we'll win the league, but early league form hasn't been great. Overall, a mixed bag to start the year with.

Fixtures.jpg.4603f1bcc050868ac27f283d58e966f6.jpg

Champsleague.thumb.jpg.f5364aacd9eebd399f5ee33bc9a0185b.jpg

We've had our youth intake preview, and for the 3rd year in a row, it's another golden generation incoming apparently. For the first time in 2 years however, we have a rating of over a C at a position, don't get your hopes up though as I haven't, it's only a B haha on full backs. I really would love a proper good Indian striker, that's what we're missing on the national side which we will get into now.

Intake.jpg.bd41824077c00a558094fa7ad0aa0730.jpg

Right then. World Cup qualification. It's all been going on. We have played 6 games, 4 more to go and we're exactly where I expected us to be. We're in 5th and haven't scored in 3 games. 4 away games, all losses including a particular stinging loss to Lebanon, a game I expected a least a draw. The away form is quite worrying. 2 homes games, both wins including an incredible 3-2 against Iran. What a ****ing result that was, never expected it. What a game! So that leaves us with 3 home games left and 1 away. The home games will be vital. Automatic qualification is basically gone, Our only hope is getting into 3rd/4th to qualify for the next round. Home win against China will be absolutely pivotal when we play them.WC.jpg.99c9bd07f8c6afbee5a57a9db8126b30.jpg

Until next time.

So I was only joking about dropping down to play in the Confed Cup next year, but judging by the form we've displayed in the 2nd half of the season, we might be playing there. I promise you lot I haven't been throwing games to make my life easier and to get more money, I've played full strength when I can and just been getting unlucky, I have the receipts haha! 

Fixtures.jpg.6a0bc95fc3fd8666b23a453ef4691acb.jpg

I'll show you the last 4 losses match reports.

Chen.jpg.9357fb274a0985c8cb186ae700dfc5ab.jpg jam.jpg.741b1638b97efab3176660744c529499.jpg

Guwa.jpg.1b5d0c7a9d9215c4273120244ce9cbc4.jpg Goa.jpg.980dc45ea578b10e49713ab1718bf73f.jpg

We haven't exactly played poorly, just haven't been clinical enough. This poor form has left us 3rd in the table, 1 game in hand and 6 points behind 1st with 2 games left. Not good at all. 

However, youth intake day is here and FINALLY. Some youngsters to be happy about, An actual golden generation. Good enough for me to show you players. HERE WE GO!

Starting off with the worst of the 'Elite talent' players. Shubham Mondal unambitious, poor mentally. Don't expect much from him.

Shub.thumb.jpg.c687bda934be4cfaace7b2f38c712b27.jpg

Next up Farukh D'Souza lacks the speed to be a good attacking LB however he's determined with okay mentals and decent technically. I needed someone to replace our North Korean LB and might be able to just go with him and commit a little more to youth (If I don't get sacked!)

Far.thumb.jpg.d39e3979ca34c68d0a0f5fecf6ec1dca.jpg

We have an alright CM next in Tomba Singh much like the RM, he's alright. Nothing spectacular. He'll do an alright job for us and is better than some depth we have in the first team already but he's not gonna be member of the starting 11 except during rotates.

Tom.thumb.jpg.53bfd3f63b6e776419a39d996587d8f3.jpg

Our Indian CB Sandesh Jhingan has maybe 1 year left of being usable after this season both for Bengaluru and India, we may have his replacement in Mohammed Singh. Very good mentals already in bravery and aggression. Great heading at 16 and 6'2 as well, might get him to 6'3. Still gotta improve in a few areas but a very good starting point.

Mo.thumb.jpg.5b634b22e1fe82351b3c40bc7492bc84.jpg

I wanted 2 Indian strikers, and boy, I got them. We'll start off with Naveen Wani. Got amazing determination and good finishing already, has a lot of room to grow but with that high determination and a driven personality he could go far. He's actually rated higher than the next guy, but I massively prefer the next guy.

Nav.thumb.jpg.3a79c474dd928ae4a090915ad936b1d9.jpg

Finally, here he is. If you got this guy on intake day at Arsenal or Dortmund you'd be happy, let alone Bengaluru! This kid is going to be special and lead not only the club team, but this guy will lead India forward. Enough talk, feast your eyes on Keegan Rawat.

Keeg.thumb.jpg.0a06ffcfbc855fc778d0759c4a21d734.jpg

Not played anymore India games yet, got a couple at the end of the month I'm in. Let's hope I don't get sacked soon.

Until next time.

I like the look of Rawat, seems like he might fill his potential out nicely.  Looks like you have lots of strong games (4-0 W against Al-Ithiad) and then games where you are missing clinical shots. How are you scoring most of your goals? I always like to orient my strikers towards one strong skill (heading or composure-finishing) and build the team around those attributes. :)

Keep it up sir!

On 13/09/2023 at 00:44, Sizeman21 said:

I like the look of Rawat, seems like he might fill his potential out nicely.  Looks like you have lots of strong games (4-0 W against Al-Ithiad) and then games where you are missing clinical shots. How are you scoring most of your goals? I always like to orient my strikers towards one strong skill (heading or composure-finishing) and build the team around those attributes. :)

Keep it up sir!

We've never had a proper food striker with decent finishing, so to try and combat that I play a Tiki-Taka style with the main focus of getting the ball in the box so with the lower finishing of my players doesn't matter too much as the goal is right in front of them. Until it does matter and I'm having all the shots and no bloody goals haha!

On 13/09/2023 at 13:13, Carambau said:

Rawat looks like a nice poacher for the indian league!

I'm really happy that I've got him. I'm just a little annoyed we haven't got really good facilities to help his growth, just gotta rely on playing him and mentoring groups.

It's always best to just be straight to it, no beating around the bush. We won't be playing in the World Cup in the next edition. Boom, plaster ripped off. We lost the remaining 4 games and deservedly so, not a single game I felt hard done by, we ended up on a 7 match losing streak They were all simply too good for us at this stage, although I have high hopes for the next campaign. We are a very young team full of regens because they're our best players, highlighted by this stat from the South Asian Football Federation Championship which we played after the disappointing WC qualifying where our average age in the squad was 19!! We didn't qualify for the WC but we pissed the SAFF winning all 5 games without conceding a goal. I hated it though, with the matches too close together my squad were so tired come the Final. However, I think it's the first ever International tournament I've won on any FM. I don't really do International management normally.

Saff2.jpg.ad8374092d863010926b244dd6ea13ef.jpg

During all of this I forgot to go in depth on the stats from last season with regards to possession, shots etc from the League, but I guarantee we would've been top for things like that as always as that's just the brand of football I have us playing. Speaking of the league though....CHAMPIONS! Despite playing a bit poor toward the end of the season, we emerged victorious in the playoffs. We may have finished 2nd in the league table but we went on to lift the title 2 years in a row! 

Champions.jpg.12ce80b1cf314d2c282feeae8bfb30a6.jpgChampions2.jpg.16b633c0cae462b81a398267b561ae4f.jpg

HOWEVER. We don't get Champions League football even though we won the title. Because we finished 2nd in the table, we only get Confederation Cup football this year. So potentially more prize money (Which we need as we're currently -£932k) and a chance to lift a continental cup, maybe! Like last time, we have a group with teams from Pakistan, Bangladesh and Maldives. We should smash them all. As well as being Champions of India we won the end of year competition called the Super Cup where we won all 4 group games too. However, won a grand total of £0. So that was worth it.

Supercup.jpg.1cee255015f0171fbbea925db5eb5622.jpg

Before we look at the squad, our youth coaching was upgraded despite a big fight from the board, we now have the highest rated youth coaching and youth recruitment you can get.

Coaching.jpg.be6a38e0f97859a7c18512eeee9b21ec.jpg

Let's have a look at the squad for this upcoming season.

Gurpreet hasn't seen much regression. He's still going strong at 33 and is clearly our first choice GK as well as for India. Ayush who we got 2 intakes ago is developing nicely playing for our U21s but still some way off. He'll never be great, and there are at least 2 better regens than him already in our league so his chances for an Indian cap are looking remote tbh.

GKs.thumb.jpg.8b08be17fc002447b8c0c5632c149230.jpg

Defense wise, we're looking alright except it might be my downfall that I'm putting my trust in the youngsters to be my backups. If I get a serious injury to my starters, I could be screwed, but let's not think negatively. Still led by the brilliant Brazilian Philipe Maia who I would say is the best CB in the league and one of the best players in the league. Sai Sachdev is back on loan from Sheffield United and will be our RB, we did have a pre-contract agreement but Sheff triggered a 1 year contract extension annoyingly. Sandesh will partner Maia but this will be his last main season as an important player as his regression has started to him a little hard, too many downward pointing arrows haha! Because of this, Mohammed Singh will be seeing a lot of time this year over him. Our starting LB will be Farukh D'Souza he's a bloody good youngster who needs the playing time, but he will be a good player for us and even better player for India in the next couple of years.

Defense.thumb.jpg.ee96b02209ba7f6aecfb860488e8ac03.jpg

Now we have the rest, midfield and attack. As much like the last 2years, our DM's are Saini and the wonderful Arjan Raikhy who recently signed a new contract. I've got him for another 2 years at least! Saini who we've had from the start of the game is a good option but he could be replaced if the right guy comes along whether through transfer or intake. We are still led by the incredible Perez, Gomez and Louis what a front 3 we have there. Though this could be Perez's last year with us. His incredible mentals are there but physically and mentally he is getting worse and there could be better options out there. Our AMR is a young guy and he won't be anything special but we don't have anyone else there. Despite Ogana Louis signing a new 2 year deal with us, his playing time will be cut this year just to get my 2 golden boys on the pitch in Wani and Rawat as they're more important. 

Thrrest.thumb.jpg.d52d025fb3eaf566b0cae0db44595334.jpg

One last little bit, the Indian legend Sunil Chhetri retired, but I didn't let him leave! He's here as an Under 18's coach to help teach the next generation...he is an AWFUL coach though. Some coaching courses will help improve him a little.

Sunil.jpg.da3c52224ccb0bacfdc4fa5da0a2863b.jpg

Until next time.

Gonna drop in mid season to give a bit of an update, not much has happened, but also to look around around at the other teams facilities to see how they've fared since the start of the save. 

We've dominated the league from the start, much better than last year! Only 1 loss, but that was due to only having 12 available players due to 8 players being called away to the U23 Asian Nations Cup. Going with the youngsters has proven beneficial, they've not let me down and they are improving everyday as players. We're currently 7 points clear with a game in hand over 2nd and 3rd so we're absolutely cruising! Hopefully this is the turning point and from now we dominate this league year after year now.

Fixtures.jpg.40f2ac7cb31c4128d400329881bf4ba9.jpg

As for the Confederation Cup, OBVIOUSLY we walked the group, even with rotated 11 for a couple of the games. We play Mumbai in the South Asian Zone Final.

Confed.jpg.cd56af88ab995b7844e35f765810540d.jpg

Our intake preview yet again has told me that we're heading for another golden generation. However, I'm not going to pay too much attention going forward. Last year we weren't advertised to have 2 really good strikers but we did, so maybe the intake preview is complete bollocks?! If it is true, I don't need 3 left wing backs!!!

Intake.jpg.b096b7d713c6c21984e86415cf9ffa99.jpg

Talking of intakes. We have exceptional youth recruitment and coaching paired with adequate training facilities for youth and first team. How are the rest of the league faring though in helping me develop India.

Team                        Youth Coaching        Youth Recruitment            Training Facilities                Youth Facilities

Kerala                         Average                          Average                                Below average                      Below average

Guwahati                   Average                          Average                                Below average                      Below average

Mumbai                     Excellent                         Average                                Below average                      Below average

Goa                             Average                          Average                                Below average                      Below average

Jamshedpur              Adequate                      Above average                     Below average                      Adequate

Odisha                       Average                        Basic                                       Basic                                       Basic

MHDN FC                  Fairly basic                   Fairly basic                            Basic                                        Poor

Hyderabad               Average                         Fairly basic                            Basic                                        Basic

Aizawl FC                  Average                         Average                                 Basic                                         Basic

Chennai                    Average                         Average                                 Below average                        Below average

Mohun Bagan         Average                         Average                                  Basic                                         Basic 

Bengal                      Fairly basic                    Average                                 Below average                         Basic

Not really a great outlook for Indian football, I'm not going to get much help here. I'm strongly considering doing maybe doing 1 more year at Bengaluru and then taking over the job at another team here when it becomes available. This way, I can at least have more influence and help the nation grow.

Until next time.

This update can be named. "The Good, the bad, the average" We'll start with the bad.

Confed.jpg.c87f97dbc72db413ed8fadb2186bd2e0.jpg

That's us losing in the main Confed Final yet again to a Syrian team!!! Clearly not a competition they want us to win with Bengaluru. To be honest, it was a bit of a quiet affair. Their goal was the only highlight of the first half and we had the only second half highlight. A bit of a bad way to finish the competition especially as we were playing AT HOME! Disaster, I really thought we'd be able to secure victory and a very nice winners prize money too. The path to the final was pretty straight forward, I didn't expect to lose any of the other games and I thought we'd win the Final, but it wasn't meant to be. As you can see, it was plain sailing once we got out of the group stages.

Confed.jpg.c3eb24cc7d903e7c3537d8a30d2c148b.jpg

Moving on from the disappointment of the Confed Cup we'll go to the league, and we won the table format of the league pretty comfortably. We finished the league with 3 losses, 2 were intentional due to rotating the team due to Confed Cup games and only 1 loss I wasn't expecting compared to at least 4 last year. A definite improvement from last and exactly what I wanted from the boys. Which is the good.

Table.jpg.cdf3af921d2186c88ed7e21d0fc3fc8b.jpg

I also realise from that shot you can clearly see the 'C' next to us on the table, so yes. We made our way through the end of season playoffs and were crowned Champions of India for a third year in a row, we are the best team in India and it's not close.

Champions2.jpg.a7a998a5d26411e8f25ada6a0e2dd2e9.jpg

Champions.jpg.c14a41e1bd9d21443001b31467433024.jpg

Now with the average, the youth intake. After last year's incredible lot coming through, I had high hopes this year and it was alright. Mostly bad, but a couple of good ones.

Intake1.jpg.2d3701f36991b3f028c2b17db5a28cf8.jpg

Intake2.jpg.f01ece32df49a5ee9a2497ec5bdeb58f.jpg

We'll start with the CB John Dey who was immediately disregarded as he was 5'7. My CB's aren't being 5'7 I don't care, unlucky. He wasn't good enough to be trained as a DM or a RB fully either, the stars lied to me there haha. I'll only show the other two supposed elite talents as everyone else aren't that great.

Here's Tapan Pal is he going to be the next Ramos? No, but he's decently well rounded. The low determination isn't great, but he's fairly professional which makes up for it a little bit. He'll be an alright addition to this team and will be okay for the standard of the Indian League but that's about it.

TapanPal.thumb.jpg.e6a7f016050607f87b82a6a292b5a0a6.jpg 

We were gifted two really exciting strikers in last year's intake and we've gotten another now. Lalliansanga Gupta is someone to be reasonably excited about. He's already the best finisher that the club can offer and probably the whole of India to be honest. Okay mentals paired with okay physicals means he's never going to be outstanding in the wider world of football, but he's a decent young talent who has the potential to be described as the best striker in India in a few years time provided he doesn't suffer a broken leg like someone we know...

Gupta.thumb.jpg.f2a1d9016346a6ae3504f73297908534.jpg

So this next season will more than likely be the last with Bengaluru as there's not much else I can do. Yes, I could try and stick around to improve the training facilities but that's very hard. We're operating on a loss every year, there's just not enough money to allow us to keep our head above water, trying to upgrade facilities will only make the financial situation worse. If I end up other Indian teams, I could at least push for increases to youth coaching and recruitment, that's something at least and as this is an Indian career rather than Bengaluru, I'm trying to not have an attachment to just one team!

Nothing has happened with India since the last update, the next tournament is the Asian Nations Cup which doesn't start for another 249 days in the game. 

Until next time.

We start this update just before I kick off our Champions League campaign and our group contains a team from Iraq, Saudi Arabia and Uzbekistan and you know what? I think we can finish a strong second....which in the grand scheme of things means absolutely nothing as only top place goes through. However, that would be an improvement from last time we were in the comp. The big match is the team from Saudi as the other 2 teams I think we have enough about us to beat them. Cue to me later on finding out they're a lot tougher than I was thinking!

Champsleague.jpg.55b599d8f9488ea473ca8552b6cafc3e.jpg

Last year we didn't sign a single player, keeping our squad together. However, this time we lost 4 players (3 first teamers) and got in 4 players. 2 of the players we lost were quite big ones. Jhingan the Indian CB moved to another Indian team. His attributes were beginning to plummet and with the emergence of our regen Mohammed Singh I was happy lose him. Long time key player Spanish Pablo Perez also left us, both on free transfers as Perez has gone back to Spain where he will earn more money. He was fantastic for us, but just getting on at 33 and I felt with the abundance of young talent we had, I'd rather be blooding them in than keeping old Spanish boy around.

First signing, he's been here for the last 2 years. Tried to sign him on a free last year, didn't work. However, he's here full time now from Sheffield United from a pre-contract agreement Sai Sachdev just a solid RB and will be for years to come.

Sai.thumb.jpg.9164e1201ba29a7f31b9aa3aba2bbd15.jpg

Losing Jhingan meant we were a little short at CB, so I signed a free agent who gets the nice Asian foreign player spot as he's from Indonesia to allow us to get another foreign player in if needed. He's not incredible, but still a little room to grow as he's young and he'll be a great cover player for us. Gede Effendi.

Gede.thumb.jpg.59332de485d96d9140334f41e0cdea65.jpg

I took a flyer on another young CB from America though technically he was in Germany, I won't show him though because he might not develop and you'll never hear about him, but if he does well I'll show you, good determination but has to work hard to get his stats up. Finally, I've got another foreign player in, however, not a marque signing which is usually the case in leagues like this. I needed cover for DM and the left side of the field and this player does it both. He's alright and that sums him up perfectly. Guinean international Alseny Soumah.

Alseny.thumb.jpg.4666362145a059f7b0d3ddfe6f9ddfcf.jpg

Before the season starts we're already in the red! However, instead of the projection saying we're expected to be near -£2 million come the end of the season, it only states we'll be -£365k which I'd be thrilled about if that was the case but I think it'll be a lot more than that! 

India U23's played in the U23s Asian Nations Games and they started with an absolute mauling of Palestine 14-0 including our boy Rawat scoring 7!!! They finished off the group beating Saudi Arabia and Jordan too.

Asiangames.thumb.jpg.0262892aa18117eed3a90f5767ae584c.jpg

Couldn't ask for more, only conceding once as well. However, in the second round they lost 2-3 to Qatar. The future is very bright for this Indian national team hopefully. The last 2 U23 tournaments we've been eliminated at the group stage, to win all 3 is very, very encouraging. 

Until next time.

7 hours ago, Carambau said:

Gupta > Rawat :) 

Whilst I initially agreed with that upon seeing him for the first time, he's not developed as well as I would've liked. Obviously still so much room to grow.

2 hours ago, Mr Jabay said:

Hey Nayr, great save so far! And I like your writing style:)

Anyway, good luck with your youngsters, I hope they develop in fine Indian players

Hey dude, glad to hear that. It's starting to become a little exciting now I've got a young, talented and bags of potential for not just my Bengaluru players but some of the players produced at other Indian teams are shaping up nicely too! 

Let's get straight into Champions League action...WE'VE MADE IT OUT OF THE GROUP! We played some really good football. We didn't win the group, but we came a close 2nd which got us into the knockout stage. Funnily enough, we play the Saudi team we had in our group over the 2 legs. We should've really won the group, but we couldn't score in the final game to secure victory and finish top. Undefeated though baby! 

Champsleague.jpg.7f88a92cbd2ed1b2a4c8b15f66f26e02.jpg

Champsleague.thumb.jpg.ac55072e96800419ab67b8eadddb9f56.jpg

2 draws couldn't separate us and Al-Ahli so it'll be interesting to see what happens in the knockout round.

5th year in a row, golden generation incoming from our youth intake. The report itself doesn't sound too promising though. So come March, we'll see what happens.

Intake.jpg.d32af8dbf17b46f5a7b65b44fa618718.jpg

We're currently top of the league, 6 points clear with a game in hand. It's probably ours already haha. 1 loss from 14 games, but that team was heavily rotated so no complaints from me.

We have received the 1st offer of the career so far from England for one of our players! Stoke wanted Naveen Wani who's been developing alright and playing really well for us. I turned it down as it wasn't enough. A couple of days later he came to me telling me he was gonna explore his options, a couple days after that Sunderland came in for him. It wasn't enough, I countered the offer. £70k, 50% of the next sale and loaned back until the end of the season. I forgot to add a friendly in, too late now. There's no point keeping him here, he will develop more with their excellent youth facilities and better standard of football. Here's a look at him. I don't want to lose him, but it makes sense to let him go. 

Wani.thumb.jpg.09062a620202e5d496964fe1834b30b6.jpg

I'm gonna do another post straight after this as we've got the Asian Cup and I think we can do sneaky good, so we'll have a look at the state of the Indian team as we haven't looked at that yet.

Until next time.

This might be a long one and will test the limits of how much I can post I'd imagine. We have been given what I consider to be an easy Asian Cup group with Kuwait (103), Lebanon (119) and Thailand (87) whilst we're ranked 109. That's because I don't play friendlies so we've dropped down the World rankings. Top 2 go through, I'll be disappointed if we don't win the group to be honest.

We have an average age of 21, which is stupidly low for an International tournament but our best players are young, I can't help that! We have a very bright future as manager of this massive country!

I will be keeping with our 'keeper Gurpreet he is better than the other 2, despite what the star rating says. Not by much, but he still is the best GK for India. Though, maybe this will be the last major tournament that statement will be true. Rohan Luthra starts the game at Cardiff, but in this game he's moved to India and has been here for the last 3 years. Chatterjee is a nice regen who came through the ranks of Guwahati but now plays for Goa. Whilst he looks good, I am hoping for a better regen to pop his head up soonish.

GKs.thumb.jpg.eb5f8650465c5a73385a96e5d939d6ba.jpg

Chatterjee.thumb.jpg.2bf39613ed0158473d3e49d5395c2350.jpg

I wanted to start off by saying this was a young group of players in the defense, but the whole team is as I stated up there. What an idiot. 2 of the defensive players both start the save in England and like the GK, have made their way over to India. The first being Kam Kandola who starts at Wolves and as you can see is currently wanted by Luton. The 2nd being Will Andiyapan who starts the game not only at Tottenham! But also as Welsh! This is the first time I've been able to call him up. He immediately becomes the best LB our country can muster though our own LB isn't close off of him. Sachdev you know as ours and Mohammed Singh I'm not being biased by picking them, they just are very good options for India including Sachdev who ignore the star ratings, he's better in almost every aspect over the other 2 guys. In Mo's case, he's the best Indian CB in the world at 17. I know it looks like I only have 2 CBs in the squad, literally every defender excluding the backup LB can play CB naturally, no worries there. The 2 Singhs who both play RB are very good options to have, versatile and when they do come on as subs, won't be playing poorly.

Defense.thumb.jpg.d8b42ad080a9bcab80c527a40e67542d.jpg

Comparrison.thumb.jpg.dfc3776c19504b9b18714f8bd8464585.jpg

This is the Welsh guy!Will.thumb.jpg.f9ac8161ca11ad8a14d6454ee3b268a5.jpg

Next up we have our DMs and midfielders led by our brilliant DM Saini as I've said a couple of times, he was here at the start of the game and he's improved massively becoming a key player not only for Bengaluru but India too AND he can still improve. Arjan Raikhy hasn't really developed well at all, only gaining +3 in total in his time with us since joining from Villa. But he is solid and does a great job. Harpreet Ghotra starts the game at Frankfurt of all places! But like many others, he plies his trade in India. Solid but not spectacular. Chhangte at AMR is pretty poor tbh, but he can basically play anywhere in the second half of the pitch and that's valuable. Hossain is good without being insane, but he's a natural left footed winger which there aren't too many of in India and being very quick will help out against smaller nations I hope!. Shaiza and Basak are handy backups but they're not too good in the grand scheme of things.

Mid.thumb.jpg.76c1389829b9270da5830c4aadad8ba9.jpg

This is how Saini has developed since the start of the game. Luckily the skills he's been poor at are the ones I couldn't care about!

saini.thumb.jpg.d8467ed500b62265b2b57f8f4838fd34.jpg

Hossain as you can see is an alright winger, just hoping him being an athlete will benefit us, as you can see, he's been capped a few  times.

Hossain.thumb.jpg.563e36896aef98bb05baceebd755d499.jpg

Finally we have the strikers and for some reason Chatterjee wasn't included in the last filters but was included in this one, anyways. We have 4 players, here. Wani, Singh, Rawat and Chatterjee.  Yash Ansari who plays for Guwahati is a lovely young talent who could maybe do a job for League One team. But maybe I'm just being biased. Wani will be starting for us but he has my Golden Boy Rawat waiting in the wings to strike if he doesn't perform. 

Att.thumb.jpg.f88180d41639c3760ca66a50d74063c6.jpg

Yash Ansari

Yash.thumb.jpg.b417e2f6cc25c917ece6edea6784dbf6.jpg

Right that's our squad, time to get into this tournament. Hopefully I don't get embarrassed. 

Until next time.

Boy oh boy. That's all I'm going to say. So, the Asian Nations Cup. We only made it out of the group stages! Oi oi! What a great start that was for us! Maybe it wasn't 1st, but it was joint 1st so I was technically right! Kuwait were a little tough but it doesn't matter, we got through and rewarded (Unfortunately) with a tie against Qatar. There were plenty of other teams I would've preferred to have got.

Asiannations.jpg.28fbe94789cc6ebe0c45bbff03b0fcb7.jpg

Qatar.jpg.52228aa5e267e3b2b5d86d5420e54a76.jpg

But as you can see, they outclassed us. Plain and simple. We're just a little too young and not good enough to trouble the big boys in Asia just yet. A good showing by us though and great experience for these young men. But as we're on the subject of India, the U20s are in the World Cup!!! So that's great news and will hopefully help the game to see India are getting better at football and will trigger some kind of growth! Good luck to them.

WC.jpg.94ad169f48119e08dd9f4d2574f749b5.jpg

To Bengaluru we go and we'll start with the youth intake from this year....and it was very disappointing. We didn't have a single elite talent come through and I think I signed 4/5 guys. None amazing so I won't waste my time our yours by showing you.

Intake1.jpg.d1ab0f43f245e499db63eec7e55879df.jpg

I'll cut to the chase as well, we DID NOT win the league this year. We lost in the semi finals of the playoffs, even after we finished 15 points clear in the league.

Table.jpg.061c610160f0ade0b36a8777541cac47.jpg

There's a reason why we lost in the semi finals (On penalties I must add) that's because we were resting players due to the Champions League...strap yourself in.

So we played Al-Ahli despite having them in the group stages where we couldn't be separated so I knew it would be tough, first leg away, we lost. We got dominated and were lucky only to lose by 1 goal. Leaving it all to do at home.

alA.jpg.1483b98bb824925f3f2331049b2d50aa.jpg

The home tie.

Alh.jpg.f81a1c8e20a3b3f0e228f54018f4e5e1.jpg

OH MY GOD!!!!! When they scored in the 84th minute I gave up all hope. The quick equaliser got us back into the match before an INSANE 93rd minute winner made me say very loudly "CHATTERJEE!" luckily my girlfriend wasn't home to experience that haha! Just an FYI, compared to them, we spend £34k a week on wages. They spend £879,300k a week. ****ING SEE YOU LATER SAUDI OIL MONEY BASTARDS!

Next up was Sharjah in the U.A.E who'd I'd consider weaker than Al-Ahli. The first leg was away, they only had 1700 odd fans in a 20k seater stadium too, very poor showing by them, wass their team poorer?

Sharjah.jpg.79de6b6d2129d64f481717cdc1922096.jpg

They were, but so were we. Lucky to walk out of there with a 0-2 win, could we handle business at home?

Sharjah.jpg.318de4334e0d4b124e884a9675b22a98.jpg

Of course we could! This was a much better game. Them scoring early had be a bit apprehensive but 2 quick goals by us settled my nerves and we were now in the semi finals! Playing Ronaldo's real life team Al-Nassr. Well we had a good run. This team is a lot better than us with better players. We were at home first, just keep it respectable.

AlN.jpg.3e9e1e3fe2bbbfa830bac5aeb21184e6.jpg

Oh we did more than that, we gave them a great game! And yes, that is Dominic Solanke haha! Next up, going to their stadium to no doubt be given our loss and exit from this tournament.

AlN.jpg.462dde6209a0768cb6398df9aae22add.jpg

OR GO INTO THEIR GAFF AND WIN A SCRAPPY MATCH! FINALS BOUND! LET'S GO ****ING MENTAL! What a glorious fairytale! Btw, they spend £1,208,800 a week on wages compared to our £34k (: **** you again Saudi oil money. Champions League final baby. Over 2 legs against South Koreans Gwangju. First leg away again.

Gwang.jpg.278eee142e69bf4be47427455302a1ff.jpg

ANNNNNNNNND they humbled us. It was a good competitive game but their 10 shots on target killed us. We got a late last minute goal to give us some hope though?

Gwang.jpg.75454e59fb60bf33fd68930e86a695c4.jpg

My proudest achievement to date on Football Manager. Lads. LADS! ****ING LOOK AT IT! CHAMPIONS OF ASIA!!! There is no ****ing way we should've won this tournament. We probably shouldn't have gotten past the first knockout round. I can't believe it. What an incredible journey. I am absolutely thrilled. My first time winning the Asian Champions League. This will not only boost Bengaluru but also India, hopefully. We got just over £3m for winning and with other money gained for winning along the way, it's all been pumped into youth and training facilities. youthtraining.jpg.d296debbc322540f5cb89fc078b12b28.jpg

training.jpg.d31ac7a56ad2bef4ed3fd6d0d8bc9213.jpg

One more for good measure. LET'S ****ING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Until next time.

I've left Bengaluru.

Boom, big news right off the bat. There was nothing else I could do there. Won the league multiple times, won the Champions League. Got their youth coaching and recruitment to the highest levels possible and improved both training facilities so it was time to move onto another Indian team. I was going to stay and join a team mid season if I needed, but I saw a job going and went for it.

Newjob.jpg.207d28a0237c735665825fff345cd1b7.jpg

We are now at Goa. They are predicted a mid table finish so I don't have much pressure for the first year at least. They currently have average youth coaching and recruitment which we can work with but below average facilities for both, so we'll try and improve them when possible. We have a young squad and a couple of decent players but I'll see what I can do in transfers before the season starts.

I am going to take full credit for this next piece of news. India had only 1 Champions League place at the start of the save. Due to me getting Bengaluru to 2 Confed Cup finals and winning the Champions League I have turned India's co-efficient around. Starting next year, 5 teams will be playing in the Champions League. 5!!! Absolutely amazing. This will only mean good things for the league and for India as a whole.

Champsleague.jpg.0b8368b817fe74b734c6a72357e56806.jpg

I left Bengaluru in a good state, not taking any players or backroom staff. The replacement for me doesn't look too great but he's got a very solid team and hopefully doesn't mess it up.

Dilip.jpg.ae91a9a28731dfaf6ece81e68a93f6c5.jpg

He will have to do the job without his star striker Naveen Wani though who has been sold to Porto for £70k and a friendly. That was my last bit of business, he wasn't going to sign a new contract so was going to walk for free so I had to do something. In January he had agreed to join Leicester for £85k a friendly and 50% sell on fee but wasn't granted a work permit. In that period 5 teams wanted him and I had them all agreeing to the same deal as Leicester, I was disappointed when that move collapsed. Hopefully he can develop at Porto and their amazing facilities to help India out. Speaking of India.

Wani.thumb.jpg.613c23d39cc53bbeffdb81836128a3ed.jpg

We won another SAFF. I'd imagine we're going to win this every time it's on. We're so much better than these other nations, it's almost a chore playing them.

SAFF.jpg.7e49e1d423ae9a55044d7ecc898eda5d.jpg

Another Indian team had an international tournament and they did absolutely brilliantly!

U20s.jpg.cf19cc0a580ebc99270f6f47dea976ba.jpg

They got through to the Quarter Finals at the U20 World Cup! What a brilliant run, and by no means was it a shame to lose only 0-1 to a very good Colombian side. What a fantastic effort. 

Until next time.

Edited by TheNayr

Due to a much smaller wage budget than I was used to, I've only been able to bring in a couple of players into this Goa team, both foreign and both free agents. 1 decent and 1 who is the best player on the team! Starting off with decent we have Nima Mohktari who is an Iranian natural at DM and CM. Relatively cheap wages and he's put in some very solid performances so far in his very early career here. He's 29 on a 2 year contract, I won't be giving him a new 1 come renewal time.

Nima.jpg.051eb583d508a4561c7581a0193d671f.jpg

The star guy though, is a lovely guy from Jordan Amin Al-Shanaineh young and again sort of cheapish he can play anywhere over the half way line, which is exactly what I love and need from our foreign imports. I am mainly using him as a striker so far. Through 7 starts, he has 10 goals.

Amin.thumb.jpg.797ab9fa652baec508ca6d605adff962.jpg

We have a clear and unchallenged #1 here in Goa, a nice young starter in Himanshu Chatterjee who unless gets injured will play every single game this year. Funny thing is, I tried to sign him a couple of years ago from Guwahati. I offered them over £70k over a couple of installments but they rejected it and sold him to Goa for £35k upfront, oh well, I've got him here now.

GKs.jpg.3ded40d2816f0bee4f5304843ccf7886.jpg

Chatterjee.thumb.jpg.e42013896ed97e234a145314398bb929.jpg

Our defenders are definitely the weakest point in the squad and something I'm going to try and improve going forward. It doesn't help that they are all very young either. There's only 1 real good guy, a Syrian import Fares Arnaout who is a really good CB and here for 2 years, so it's nice to know we've got a rock to rely on.

Defense.thumb.jpg.fedf1c5f5e4863975bd73f6d879dff27.jpg

Fares.thumb.jpg.2512b335d65012e2b2b6008c92a3279c.jpg

The midfield is our strongest area 100% including a couple of Indian internationals in Harpreet Ghotra and Prasanta Basak. I've also included the strikers too, not much to write home about. However, our strong midfields and wingers should make us formidable on both sides of the pitch. I've shown you the 2 foreign guys, so let's quickly look at the 2 Indian internationals. Though ignore the star ratings, my ass man is a bit terrible haha.

Mid.thumb.jpg.278235a8c0f04d43a3fe19fd9d39bc5e.jpg

This is Ghotra like I said, the star rating makes him seem better but he's not too terrible.

Ghotra.thumb.jpg.b5a285d89b0d86eaad0179cf58d4a794.jpg

Same for Basak

basak.thumb.jpg.c3d0bc3771320c48a30f44b1b811db6d.jpg

Finally some Indian news. Our World Cup group has been drawn and we should 100% qualify from our group this time, whereas last time I was bit apprehensive. I'm excited to get into it and be on our way to the World Cup. Well, at least be on our way to the 2nd round of qualifying! 

WC.jpg.979cb98441a0f315f1dad2eac648e08c.jpg

Until next time.