Expanding VAR Interventions Beyond Offsides, Handball and Red Cards

willemss14

Proposing an expansion of VAR's scope to encompass offside incidents and fouls leading to goals, even if they occurred earlier in the play. Currently, the focus appears limited to goal scorers and assist providers, whereas in reality, players can be offside in the build-up well before a goal.

You know what.. If you'll ask me, that would be great. I love immersions in games. But for some people, after some matches, it makes game boringly long. At least we should have an option to on/off that extension.

Edited by Berkobolt

I hate how VAR has taken the fun out of scoring goals. IRL you are watching the game and you can tell if a player looked offside or if there was a foul, so the odds of a decision being reverted in a way that surprises you are slimmer. But in the game we can't really see with clarity what the refs are seeing, so we are entirely at the mercy of the VAR review. So now I can score an equalizer in the 89th minute and I have this nasty feeling that suppresses any joy until the VAR review is complete, and by the time the VAR is done it's too late to celebrate. I hope FM finds a way to make this better somehow, with some way to predict the outcome of VAR more like IRL.

• 6 months later...