Team min/max age preventing newgens to load in Edit?

shirtlessgibbyy

The problem I'm having is when I set a teams min/max age not all the time do newgens load in, depends on the numbers I set. I am ticking the "add players to playable teams", so that should make it work right? So I've created a College Division edit and all the teams have a age range of 23 (Max) to 17 (Min) as those are the typical ages of a USA College player but the newgens won't load with those age permitters (23-17). It's weird though, I downloaded someone elses NCAA College database from the workshop to see what they might have done and they have the same permitters as me (23max, 17 min) and once you load/start a save with that edit the teams fill with newgens between those ages permitters. 

So far I've ended up testing ages in a small test database edit I did with some random teams. This is what I got:
Teams

• Maryland (Max 23, Min 17) Won't load newgens, just grey players
  • FC Fredrick (Max 22 only) Won't load newgens, just grey players
  • Ann Arbor (Min 17 only) Will load newgens
  • FK Orlando (nothing) Will load newgens
  • Palm Beach (Max 22, Min 18) Won't load newgens, just grey players

It's weird though, as if I put a teams Max to 24 and Min to whatever, it will load newgens but won't keep it within the permitters. As I'll get a bunch of 24+ players in the team, so more then half of the team is ineligible to play then. On the Max topic for the range, I've only got numbers 24, 20 and below to work for Max. 23,22,21 all seem to not respond if they are set, just making players grey. 

I've rebuilt some of my teams/divisions already to track down/trace on what might be the issue preventing it but I'm not getting any errors either, so I'm not sure on what went wrong? If anyone can help out, it'll be greatly appreciated. 

Edited by shirtlessgibbyy

I don't  have the solution to this but I can confirm it happens to me too. My assumption was that it was the Max age box that was he problem but it's not necessarily true. 

I think newgens only generate in the US in the academy divisions. Maybe MLS Next now too.

I *think* some of them get filtered to USL2 (USSL 2 in the game) teams at the end of the year, and this forms the draft class for MLS. In the first season, USL2 teams get newgens so there's a draft class in year 1. This might be what's happening with Ann Arbor. I believe there's a limit to how many teams/newgens can be created within those hard-coded competitions though

1 hour ago, themodelcitizen said:

I think newgens only generate in the US in the academy divisions. Maybe MLS Next now too.

I *think* some of them get filtered to USL2 (USSL 2 in the game) teams at the end of the year, and this forms the draft class for MLS. In the first season, USL2 teams get newgens so there's a draft class in year 1. This might be what's happening with Ann Arbor. I believe there's a limit to how many teams/newgens can be created within those hard-coded competitions though

Interesting but don't think that is the reason. Ann Arbor isn't in the USL in the edit. They are apart of the "Age Testing" league I created to test the age issues in the test edit, just picked teams at random to add. The only USA league loaded is the one I made (Age Testing League). The College division edit is the same just has D1 & D2 at the moment, nothing above or below it. So that should get priority for new players.

The newgens should generate into the teams that have no players though (when I tick "Add players to playable teams"). Which basically every team in the College database would add newgens but it just adds grey players. Just seems to be the Max/Min Age permitters work/don't work depending on what you select. 

18 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

I think newgens only generate in the US in the academy divisions.

That's possible but I'm talking about other countries. It does look like a maximum age for a club means no newgens are generated even when selecting players to all playable teams. I haven't looked into what happens later.