[FM23] Editing Concacaf competitions.

Hi everyone. I'm creating a DB where Guyana, Suriname, French Guiana, Trinidad and Tobago, Aruba, Curaçao and Bonaire opted to join Conmebol rather than Concacaf. I succefully modified Conmebol's competitions to accommodate the extra teams (modifying the format, and taking into account which nations are affiliated to FIFA or just to Conmebol).

Now I'm facing some issues when modifying the Gold Cup, Nations League and Concacaf WC qualifiers. When ever I ran the tests, it always throws teams missing, but the log shows all the teams are correctly allocated.

Has anyone faced any issue when modifying this competitions?

27 minutes ago, marceloOrigoni said:

Hi everyone. I'm creating a DB where Guyana, Suriname, French Guiana, Trinidad and Tobago, Aruba, Curaçao and Bonaire opted to join Conmebol rather than Concacaf. I succefully modified Conmebol's competitions to accommodate the extra teams (modifying the format, and taking into account which nations are affiliated to FIFA or just to Conmebol).

Now I'm facing some issues when modifying the Gold Cup, Nations League and Concacaf WC qualifiers. When ever I ran the tests, it always throws teams missing, but the log shows all the teams are correctly allocated.

Has anyone faced any issue when modifying this competitions?

Hi, I hope this makes sense, but I spend a lot of time editing north American continental stuff. And normally a lot of it hardcored so it can't be edited like other continents, normally there are some work rounds that work but this year it is really bugy when you touch the continental cups and the internationals. I hate to say this but it may be best to wait until fm 24 at this point.  I know this has wrecked a lot of my plans. Sorry 

To echo what PostMovieCam says, the CONCACAF competitions are very fickle animals. Added to that, it has a change in competition format in 2024 with an extra Canadian team coming up, which caused me headaches when editing it (I deleted the Canadian championship completely and created it from scratch). There might be more competition format changes, but I am mostly editing in FM22 still, so any FM23 stuff is not that clear on my radar.

So, unless you want to keep the MLS intact and Concacaf Cups intact with all the quirky rules and drafts and hard-coding; wouldn't it be easier to delete absolutely everything and start from scratch?

1 hour ago, Jorgen said:

So, unless you want to keep the MLS intact and Concacaf Cups intact with all the quirky rules and drafts and hard-coding; wouldn't it be easier to delete absolutely everything and start from scratch?

In a normal year you can do that because I have been able to rebuild everything and have my new system work fine. But because of the added Canadian clubs in 2024 you only get an error message with your new system. 

I am really hoping that it isn't a problem to do concacaf stuff in 2025 with us having to have two databases etc. The roadblocks this year have been really frustrating as an American fm fan and as a complex database editor. I get the mls has a lot weird rules but it shouldn't affect continental, and international comps this much. 

I get that the American fan base is a lot smaller but this could become one of the fastest growth parts if they are all in on the different game passes. And all Americans are gonna want a pro/rel database, and a big 4(mlb, nfl, nba and nhl) database that works

Edited by PostMovieCam

I can understand that you have to hard-code some things, and that for SI the normal game / database counts the most, but editor files are the core of this game too. There should/could be more balance between those two.

6 hours ago, PostMovieCam said:

Hi, I hope this makes sense, but I spend a lot of time editing north American continental stuff. And normally a lot of it hardcored so it can't be edited like other continents, normally there are some work rounds that work but this year it is really bugy when you touch the continental cups and the internationals. I hate to say this but it may be best to wait until fm 24 at this point.  I know this has wrecked a lot of my plans. Sorry 

Yeah, I assumed that. Guess I'll just wait for FM24, and continue working with it

1 hour ago, marceloOrigoni said:

Yeah, I assumed that. Guess I'll just wait for FM24, and continue working with it

You can edit the internationals, it's just a lot of work. My Copa America/Gold Cup file does some chopping and changing with the Nations League, you can take a look at that. Guessing your issue is from "registered teams", I'd get rid of all of that and just use "qualified teams" or the "teams" list itself. Maybe get rid of that "real life teams" entry too, although I'm not sure it does anything. In the Gold Cup as well, check that box under "qualified teams" to erase whatever teams it thinks have already qualified using it's own weird hard-coding since you're taking complete control

TBH I've actually found CONCACAF to be the easiest to edit. I replaced every single international with my own version though. Absolutely possible however.

For clubs too, as long as you don't try and change qualifying it's a lot easier to edit than Europe/Asia. Most of the countries mentioned in the OP shouldn't have direct qualifying places for the CONCACAF Champions League either (Trinidad and Tobago probably does though) so if you adjust the Caribbean cups to account for not having those nations it should work. The only issue would be the automatic qualification places for the CCL.