Where is the option to “run at player X”?

Was it ever in the game?

You could focus down a flank which would increase the mentality's of the players on that wing and increase the chance of dribbles being made but I don't remember being able to run at certain players 

I'm with Jonny here, I don't remember that ever being in the game in the form you mention, that doesn't mean it wasn't in the game, if it was, I never found it and used it.

The nearest in the game now, I would think, is the "Opposition Instructions" screen.

On 07/08/2023 at 10:50, themoffster said:

It was definitely in the game

I seem to remember it being in a game, but I'm not sure if it was Football Manager.

But I agree it should be in there. Dribble more doesn't really do it, that just means they'll generally look to dribble if there's a chance to, rather than look to pass. A specific instruction to run at a certain centre back or full back because they're on a booking or much slower or lacking in agility should be an option. You can hear this at games, coaches screaming 'get at him' and the 'drive, drive' when the player they think they have the beating of is near them.