Loan period end date . . .

When I sign players on loan they usually stay at my club until the end of June (approx) even though my last fixture might be early, or mid-May. Same for the players I have loaned out. So, it seems that I am still paying wages to these players for no good reason and clubs are still paying me for no good reason as well. Is this in line with the actual "real-life" league regulations on loans, or is it a quirk of the game that might be considered a bug? Anyone know?

I think it's set to "end of season", and the end of the season is technically around the June-July month rollover. Some countries play the final matches in early June (such as the CL at times), so I guess it makes sense overall.

22 hours ago, XaW said:

I think it's set to "end of season", and the end of the season is technically around the June-July month rollover. Some countries play the final matches in early June (such as the CL at times), so I guess it makes sense overall.

OK, but you don't know exactly what happens in, say, the Vanarama National in real life at present? It seems odd to have loanees still at your club from the previous season when your players are reporting back for pre-season training. And, because the backroom staff meeting continue in the close season, you still get training advice on loanees who will not be with you once the new season starts. As the situation is currently in the game, I think it puts an extra incentive to recruit "no fee" loanees if you are an impoverished part-time club.