Can't seem to get strikers and attacking midfielders to press AI Defenders

I find it ekstrmely har to get my strikers an attacking mids to apply pressure on the AI defenders.

It seems like they would rather stay around the AI DM's og CM's, despite having teammates behind them to cover them.

Here is my current set up:

Trigger pres for the team is set 2 standard, but all players in the frontline have a PI to trigger pres much more often.

image.png.0831a30993c26b256fb4cdbd6541c445.png

I order to try and "force" my AM's to press the AI CB, i have set up my OI to this:

image.thumb.png.1a944d2f79e8e32b97b6e2505950bfea.png

However, as you can see it doest help...... :(

image.png.20fedb05372481dc2272b4d49962340e.png,image.png.c19bee2e621d7bce47f65166a94ea37f.png

image.png.b6953d70f9972a3e2e2e2a178a455b33.png

Anyone having any fixes ? :)

I would venture a guess and say that AMC, just like any other position, stay somewhat within the limitations of their strata. Id guess its hardcoded into the game? I dont know.

Try using the only PI that you havent used, which is "mark specific position/player"

Just a thought, are the players knackered? They can't carry out heavy pressing for 90 minutes of each game. There will be times in the game where they don't have the gas to carry out the team instructions. You sometimes see them doing that little lean forward animation where they're catching their breath.

If those screenshots where from the first 30 seconds of the game then I'd be concerned, but if it's in the 70th minutes or after they been sprinting then I wouldn't be too surprised  

It's touched on here in @Rashidi's thread

Here is another example, right from 2. half kick off. should my AM whos is asked to trigger pres more in a team with all pressing instructions maxed out not be more aggressive than this? :

image.thumb.png.2ce1cc6f45f4e2d0ddf57ba3ea71d3af.png

image.thumb.png.811de9c7abce6e9128678fa9462f2af6.png

image.thumb.png.b91624d25d32ce0d61950d6f043a266f.png

image.thumb.png.af8ff9975a081128b0640f751e73ce8d.png

He does not move for 13 seconds :/

i feel like my AM's are marking the AI's CM despite, and my DM's are marking nobody. Why arent the AM's Pushing up and applying pressure higher and letting my CM take care of the AI CM. Instead it end up like this:

image.thumb.png.a6395352b8395a4beb88fec07600c339.png

In this my AM's are even asked to man mark the AI Defenders, as a desprate attempt to get them higher on the pitch doing a press.

On 03/08/2023 at 23:49, Johnny Ace said:

Just a thought, are the players knackered? They can't carry out heavy pressing for 90 minutes of each game. There will be times in the game where they don't have the gas to carry out the team instructions. You sometimes see them doing that little lean forward animation where they're catching their breath.

If those screenshots where from the first 30 seconds of the game then I'd be concerned, but if it's in the 70th minutes or after they been sprinting then I wouldn't be too surprised  

Just seconding this for those sounding frustrated by the engine in 23. 

My understanding is that fatigue is one of the huge changes between 22->23. Just gegenpressing and leaving counter-press on all game will have diminishing returns now which wasn't true on previous versions. Rotating the squad and managing fatigue is a huge element in fm23, especially if you're creating a pressing focused system. 

2 hours ago, Cloud9 said:

Just seconding this for those sounding frustrated by the engine in 23. 

My understanding is that fatigue is one of the huge changes between 22->23. Just gegenpressing and leaving counter-press on all game will have diminishing returns now which wasn't true on previous versions. Rotating the squad and managing fatigue is a huge element in fm23, especially if you're creating a pressing focused system. 

Holy hell. That is literally what I was missing. I wasn't pressing all the time, but had other high energy things on. Dribble more, get stuck in etc, all the time. I have removed those and used them situationally and it has made a massive difference to performances.

在 2023/8/4 在 PM2点49分, Johnny Ace说:

you means that choice press a little time, maybe after 60 mintes then choice press more with using AM press C-back, it will achive landlord's tacit.

3 小时前, teej9说:

Holy hell. That is literally what I was missing. I wasn't pressing all the time, but had other high energy things on. Dribble more, get stuck in etc, all the time. I have removed those and used them situationally and it has made a massive difference to performances.

how use them in situationally ? I can change my taticts according situation that sometimes attacking or sotimes defending.

23 minutes ago, 1073034164 said:

you means that choice press a little time, maybe after 60 mintes then choice press more with using AM press C-back, it will achive landlord's tacit.

Yes, for moments of the game, even peak gegen Klopp would have 15-20 minute spells where they backed off their press 

在 2023/8/8 在 PM5点18分, Johnny Ace说:

Yes, for moments of the game, even peak gegen Klopp would have 15-20 minute spells where they backed off their press 

so, this is the tempo change, it can disrupt rival's rhythm. Maybe we can find an opptunity to score.