The rise of the Saudi league

Hopefully :D It'd fix my problems that's for sure. I think they will possibly implement them like a whole league of PSG's were on versions a couple of years ago. It will possibly be very annoying, although if they balance it right, the younger players who actually care about football won't want to go, but the more mercinary types will be begging to because of the money. Anyone past 30 will be targeted massively.

But I suspect the whole Saudi football 'rise' is going to change football in real life in a big way, either by:

1 - UEFA spotting that a lot of it is not genuine and is in fact designed to get around FFP laws in the European laws, by clubs owned by the same parties and they do something to prevent that.

2 - The Saudi league REALLY takes over. There is talk of them funding the new 'Super League' breakaway concept and taking it so far away from European football that it's clubs just ignore their own fans and go anyway. Or they try to worm their way into the Champions League. The new format for the Champions League is a farce and I think the dissatisfaction that is going to cause is going to cause the whole Super League debate to recircle around. Or the Saudi League will come in with proposals to replace it with a 'World Champions League' worth 10x the prize money, with clubs still competing in their domestic competitions as well, and it'll go from there.

Yes when the arabs took control of psg a few versions ago, it was great selling your old pros to them. 

If SI decide to open up the the Saudi league to manage, I don't see it being much fun just like China wasn't when they were chucking millions at players. You end with a team 3 or 4 great players on ridiculous wages and the rest of the squad is aweful. 

Edited by Iggy Hassan

14 minutes ago, Iggy Hassan said:

Yes when the arabs took control of psg a few versions ago, it was great selling your old pros to them. 

If SI decide to open up the the Saudi league to manage, I don't see it being much fun just like China wasn't when they were chucking millions at players. You end with a team 3 or 4 great players on ridiculous wages and the rest of the squad is aweful. 

More like 34 players on ridiculous wages. Who you then can't move on because no one will be willing or able to pay their salaries.

On 02/08/2023 at 15:52, Iggy Hassan said:

The fact that young players like ruben neves & jota have opted to go there on inflated wages is very concerning. When they get bored in a couple of years due to the poor standards, who will be able to afford their wages?

No one. Remember Oscar? Moved from Chelsea to China for money? But once he couldn't stay there, nobody could afford him. He eventually stayed in China, and now nobody gives an eff what he is doing. Can you imagine he scored 2 world cup goals in his name? I guess they just want the money.

On 02/08/2023 at 14:09, busngabb said:

Hopefully :D It'd fix my problems that's for sure. I think they will possibly implement them like a whole league of PSG's were on versions a couple of years ago. It will possibly be very annoying, although if they balance it right, the younger players who actually care about football won't want to go, but the more mercinary types will be begging to because of the money. Anyone past 30 will be targeted massively.

But I suspect the whole Saudi football 'rise' is going to change football in real life in a big way, either by:

1 - UEFA spotting that a lot of it is not genuine and is in fact designed to get around FFP laws in the European laws, by clubs owned by the same parties and they do something to prevent that.

2 - The Saudi league REALLY takes over. There is talk of them funding the new 'Super League' breakaway concept and taking it so far away from European football that it's clubs just ignore their own fans and go anyway. Or they try to worm their way into the Champions League. The new format for the Champions League is a farce and I think the dissatisfaction that is going to cause is going to cause the whole Super League debate to recircle around. Or the Saudi League will come in with proposals to replace it with a 'World Champions League' worth 10x the prize money, with clubs still competing in their domestic competitions as well, and it'll go from there.

I am pretty sure PSG, Bayern, Dortmund etc. will not go for similar league in the future. German clubs are mainly fan-owned, and they have lots of say what to do in these situations. And top English teams has huge local fan base, they don't want to go for the same route one more time. But I can see top La-Liga and Serie A teams can go for this type of world league in the future.

Edited by Arijit