FM23 - Goodbye Plug And Play (Emirates Club [UAE])

decapitated

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two losses in a row. According to the Data Hub the problem is chance creation and converting those chances when they happen. I've re-added work balls into the box and will ponder further changes before Adelaide. I think I became too complacent and was going through the season too quickly without having time to think about what changes could and should be made. Adelaide Utd at home next.

image.thumb.png.699bb49b5774acd425ad933ca3b964f5.png

Lustica is signing with a Uzbek club so we need a new MC for the new season. I can't offer cash for a homegrown player from another A-League club according to the leagues rule. It has to either be a free transfer or a swap deal. I've offered three players/ hopefully they'll be interested.

They rejected any deal I offered.  This is where the A-League falls down in FM2023. In real life, the clubs are pretty chummy, and Australian players move from club to club frequently on frees. It doesn't seem to work with the FM  transfer engine though. You can't offer money per IRL A-League rules so nothing really gets done between clubs. It's especially problematic as you can only 5 non AUS/NZ players and since A-league players are apparently tempted by the heady heights of the Uzbek league. I guess I'll have to hope he leaves his contract open for long enough that I can make a free bid for him nearer to the summer.

image.thumb.png.2c295881bbbe27eb5d64f9b7ca63da78.png

I'm delegating training as I obviously have no idea how to keep the players happy and am concentrating on the tactics side of things. I keep getting conflicting advice in the data hub (one week work ball into the box, the next shoot on sight) so I'm at a loss how to get out of this slump but there must be a way.

It seems I inadvertently promised our star striker we'd improve our coaching staff which is already by far the best in the league. I asked the board for one extra coach and I've offered a contract to Winston Bogarde of Ajax/Chelsea fame. I might also get a new fitness coach mid-season.