Total robbery. Question.

I'm playing a game with Barcelona, getting to the Spanish Cup semifinals against Real Madrid. First leg at home, I win 4-3. The headlines referred to the game as "second leg" and my team as finalist, journalists congratulating me for reaching the final, etc...I don't know why, but the thing was warped already.

Couple of weeks later, second leg at Bernabeu, the final result is 2-2, and then...FM sends us to extra time!?!?!? In extra time Madrid scores, 3-2, FM declared Real Madrid winner of the round and me totally outraged.

I don't like repeating games, but god knows I'm repeating this one until I win the second leg (or tie and am declared fair winner of the round). So far, 5 games and 5 defeats, with the most ridiculous bloopers on my goalie and defenses, super goals by Real, 95' goals, 3-0 down at minute 5...obviously FM is determined to give this one to Real Madrid but I am same determined to repeat over and over until justice is done.

Has this ever happened to anyone else?

I don't have FM 2023 but one thing is for sure - the game is not trying to rob you or force Real to win the semifinals, it is that old one "it is your tactics" or they are simply better. 

But as for the second leg played first, I remember seeing somebody posting the screenshot with the same issue, so I assume it is a bug

hace 3 horas, Marko1989 dijo:

I don't have FM 2023 but one thing is for sure - the game is not trying to rob you or force Real to win the semifinals, it is that old one "it is your tactics" or they are simply better. 

But as for the second leg played first, I remember seeing somebody posting the screenshot with the same issue, so I assume it is a bug

Yeah I know, the second part of my message is not really the point, but how it is possible that having 4-3 and 2-2 the game forces you to play extra time and then declares you loser with a 2-3 in that extra time.

10 hours ago, ferpellitero said:

I'm playing a game with Barcelona, getting to the Spanish Cup semifinals against Real Madrid. First leg at home, I win 4-3. The headlines referred to the game as "second leg" and my team as finalist, journalists congratulating me for reaching the final, etc...I don't know why, but the thing was warped already.

Couple of weeks later, second leg at Bernabeu, the final result is 2-2, and then...FM sends us to extra time!?!?!? In extra time Madrid scores, 3-2, FM declared Real Madrid winner of the round and me totally outraged.

I don't like repeating games, but god knows I'm repeating this one until I win the second leg (or tie and am declared fair winner of the round). So far, 5 games and 5 defeats, with the most ridiculous bloopers on my goalie and defenses, super goals by Real, 95' goals, 3-0 down at minute 5...obviously FM is determined to give this one to Real Madrid but I am same determined to repeat over and over until justice is done.

This sounds strange, could you post a screenshot of each match, and I'll see if I spot anything obvious?

On 01/08/2023 at 03:38, ferpellitero said:

I had a similar bug in the Peruvian League playoffs for the title winner in FM17

Played the first leg at home, won by two goals

Played the second leg at home(?!), won by one goal

Discovered that I'd lost the tie on aggregate (because the goals I'd scored for the "home" side in the first leg now belonged to my opponents)

took about 3 or 4 replays before I won that second leg by a sufficient margin to actually be given the title - I might have given up on that if they'd actually managed to outscore me in the second leg - but still felt a pretty hollow way to win a title, bearing in mind I played both games at home and the opposition played the second leg like they were sitting on a lead...

(I think that after declaring me the winners, the scheduling bug promised and then cancelled a third leg)

the scheduling and scoring is definitely a bug, the fact Real Madrid are quite good at not losing the second leg isn't :D 

Sounds very wierd indeed, never have i ever seen this happen in a FM game and ive been playing since the very beginning. As for you conclusion that the game just has it in for you and Real Madrid win no matter what is never the case, one of those agmes you can win and the advantage is for sure with Real Madrid and so it should be since they are at home and possess a very strong team, but look at it this way, even if madrid get this one over you, its only a matter of time when the game will favour you and you get the big win over madrid, that is the vicous cycle of the game, sometimes you win big games and sometimes you lose.