[FM23.4] Union State of Russia and Belarus (WIP)

EDIT: This is mostly dead as we work out the quirks of newgens, but in the meantime, Russia can play in the CAFA Nations Cup every four years and it's club can join the Asian Champions League...

Original post: Since moving Russia into Asia is hitting some roadblocks, what if the Union State unified their FAs?

unionstatebanner.png.4d72c2c3262cfeac13ca4194f8a365e5.png

This merges Russia into Belarus, allowing Russian clubs to come out of the continental wilderness. The newly-unified (but Russian-dominated) team participate in international and continental competitions in Belarus' slot (but with Russia's ranking and co-efficients):

Spoiler

unionstate1.thumb.png.41cb737a6a19572787fd7ddfed733851.pngunionstate2.thumb.png.e8be5367d97d9863a4ee948d5a020075.pngunionstate3.thumb.png.b088c7dda2266343899c5ec3d05ddd72.pngunionstate4.thumb.png.d210584a23e49ef8d30dbcf476b27ba0.pngunionstate5.thumb.png.0924114afac40614f46367c3168b996d.png

Trying to get newgens behaving the way we want, i.e. locals in the old Belarus as the only ones generated as bilingual. I was playing around with different combinations of the languages assigned to their old cities/local regions for best effect, but I'm noticing an issue where the Russian clubs have way too many newgens from the old Belarus, working on a fix now.

The old Russia is still somehow generating new players too, but not coming from any clubs (because there aren't any left). Not sure what's happening here, they do have dual nationality at least. I'm sure some weirdness is going on with namelists too but honestly I don't have the eye to quickly tell Russian and Belarusian names apart.

DOWNLOAD BETA | GRAPHICS

Here's the older version of the post when we were trying to unify Korea and put Russia into the freed up slot in AFC:

Spoiler

Fresh from uniting Ireland a year ago, this takes everything North Korean and merges it into a newly unified country with the South.

Everything Russian is moved into the freed up spot. Then I opened Russia's nation rules and changed the country at the top to the new Russia (the old, emptied, North Korea). This means Russia takes North Korea's Asian coefficient and has to earn more Champions League spots:

russiakorea1.thumb.png.5b24d592d70f79f62cb13bff1686e22e.pngrussiakorea2.thumb.png.06280ed77f51e32a1eba926e6959ab06.pngrussiakorea3.thumb.png.1402e155e04d07a774a96415851a6eae.pngrussiakorea4.thumb.png.78c937271430524bcb7a0269bb885671.png

I've removed Russia's "homegrown from nation" rule, as it's too much work to adjust the thousands of Russians in the editor (no such rule in the Asian Champions League). The old North Korean clubs have been dumped into the Korean lower divisions and can be promoted in the background from D3.

Naturally, this is gonna need testing and will have some glitches. Like, Russian greyed out players and newgens are still born in the old North Korean cities, even though the region, languages, local regions, and cities have all been adjusted - may need some help with this.

I do wonder if North Korea was a bad choice for Russia to migrate into, as it may be hard-coded to piggyback off of South Korea's newgen namelist somehow.

We can bump up the Russian co-efficient in the editor but I think I read that AFC's rankings can be broken easily, so I've left all the hard-coding. Simming ahead now to see how they adjust over time. Will post a link soon for some help testing

GRAPHICS

Edited by themodelcitizen

6 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Fresh from uniting Ireland a year ago, this takes everything North Korean and merges it into a newly unified country with the South.

Everything Russian is moved into the freed up spot. Then I opened Russia's nation rules and changed the country at the top to the new Russia (the old, emptied, North Korea). This means Russia takes North Korea's Asian coefficient and has to earn more Champions League spots:

Reveal hidden contents

russiakorea1.thumb.png.5b24d592d70f79f62cb13bff1686e22e.pngrussiakorea2.thumb.png.06280ed77f51e32a1eba926e6959ab06.pngrussiakorea3.thumb.png.1402e155e04d07a774a96415851a6eae.pngrussiakorea4.thumb.png.78c937271430524bcb7a0269bb885671.png

I've removed Russia's "homegrown from nation" rule, as it's too much work to adjust the thousands of Russians in the editor (no such rule in the Asian Champions League). The old North Korean clubs have been dumped into the Korean lower divisions and can be promoted in the background from D3.

Naturally, this is gonna need testing and will have some glitches. Like, Russian greyed out players and newgens are still born in the old North Korean cities, even though the region, languages, local regions, and cities have all been adjusted - may need some help with this.

I do wonder if North Korea was a bad choice for Russia to migrate into, as it may be hard-coded to piggyback off of South Korea's newgen namelist somehow.

We can bump up the Russian co-efficient in the editor but I think I read that AFC's rankings can be broken easily, so I've left all the hard-coding. Simming ahead now to see how they adjust over time. Will post a link soon for some help testing

GRAPHICS | DOWNLOAD (coming soon)
TMC Megapack

What did you do with the North Korean local regions?

8 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

What did you do with the North Korean local regions?

All merged into the new unified Korea (the old South Korea). The Russian local regions were brought over into the old North Korea to take their place, but newgens at Zenit, for example, are still Korean and from cities like Pyongyang (now "South" Korean, along with its local region). I may be missing something obvious, but it makes me think they've somehow hard-coded North Korea (now Russia) to always get newgens from these specific cities with the overall Korean namelist

4 hours ago, omarsorto6 said:

Russia plays in the east or west side in champions league ?

So far it's east, it must be hard-coded and not just a regional draw. Although this would only work geographically with Luch Vladivostok (fun challenge incoming), we can pretend it's part of a push for increased cultural ties with China...

Although I wonder if it would work better just swapping Russia and, say, Uzbekistan completely (or if we're losing an Asian country anyway, just facilitate a smaller central Asian state like that absorbing Russia, who should dominate the namelist if there isn't one hard-coded)

Cheers. Unifying Korea is the easy part, just need to figure out what to do with the empty shell of North Korea that's left :lol:

EDIT: I tried this again with merging Taiwan and China into One China (and merging everyone under the Taiwanese UID into China, not to necessarily reflect either country absorbing the other but just because there are a lot less entries to deal with).

It looks like Taiwan similarly have their namelist hard-coded, though. I'm guessing it would be the same for Mongolia, Macau, etc, or any other possible candidate (North Korea was great as they already had 1 Champions League spot that we didn't have to mess with the co-efficient for).

So, this may be dead in the meantime. Feel free to experiment with different nations and let me know if any possible candidates to be overwritten by Russia are viable.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/07/2023 at 18:44, themodelcitizen said:

Cheers. Unifying Korea is the easy part, just need to figure out what to do with the empty shell of North Korea that's left :lol:

EDIT: I tried this again with merging Taiwan and China into One China (and merging everyone under the Taiwanese UID into China, not to necessarily reflect either country absorbing the other but just because there are a lot less entries to deal with).

It looks like Taiwan similarly have their namelist hard-coded, though. I'm guessing it would be the same for Mongolia, Macau, etc, or any other possible candidate (North Korea was great as they already had 1 Champions League spot that we didn't have to mess with the co-efficient for).

So, this may be dead in the meantime. Feel free to experiment with different nations and let me know if any possible candidates to be overwritten by Russia are viable.

Hmm, that's not great, especially considering I had similar plans of moving stuff around for the Historical Divergence. So you helped me with that.

I might be missing something obvious. But it makes sense for Taiwan, they have a unique naming system which might be messed with by them having the Chinese "language" if not for their hard-coded name list. Guessing the same will apply to the other nations in the Sinosphere.

You'd think North Korea could just act as a blank slate and get names/newgen appearances from the "region" (northeastern Europe now, despite being set in Asia) or the existing player pool, like some of the extinct nations let you do, but they might hard-code it to the overall Korean namepool so that they can benefit from the greater variation by including South Korea

• themodelcitizen changed the title to [FM23.4] Union State of Belarus and Russia (BETA)
  • themodelcitizen changed the title to [FM23.4] Union State of Russia and Belarus (BETA)
On 24/07/2023 at 02:42, themodelcitizen said:

Since moving Russia into Asia is hitting some roadblocks, what if the Union State unified their FAs?

This merges Russia into Belarus, allowing Russian clubs to come out of the continental wilderness. The newly-unified (but Russian-dominated) team participate in international and continental competitions in Belarus' slot (but with Russia's ranking and co-efficients):

Hide contents

unionstate1.thumb.png.41cb737a6a19572787fd7ddfed733851.pngunionstate2.thumb.png.e8be5367d97d9863a4ee948d5a020075.pngunionstate3.thumb.png.b088c7dda2266343899c5ec3d05ddd72.pngunionstate4.thumb.png.d210584a23e49ef8d30dbcf476b27ba0.pngunionstate5.thumb.png.0924114afac40614f46367c3168b996d.png

Trying to get newgens behaving the way we want, i.e. locals in the old Belarus as the only ones generated as bilingual. I was playing around with different combinations of the languages assigned to their old cities/local regions for best effect, but I'm noticing an issue where the Russian clubs have way too many newgens from the old Belarus, working on a fix now.

The old Russia is still somehow generating new players too, but not coming from any clubs (because there aren't any left). Not sure what's happening here, they do have dual nationality at least. I'm sure some weirdness is going on with namelists too but honestly I don't have the eye to quickly tell Russian and Belarusian names apart.

DOWNLOAD BETA | GRAPHICS

Here's the older version of the post when we were trying to unify Korea and put Russia into the freed up slot in AFC:

Hide contents

GRAPHICS

This is an impressive amount of good work mate. Must have taken some time 

Cheers. Still getting an issue where most of the top clubs have too many of their newgens coming from Belarusian cities, I've tried a few different options. Not ideal, obviously, but much better than the previous attempts. This may have to stay beta until we can figure something durable out 

6 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Cheers. Still getting an issue where most of the top clubs have too many of their newgens coming from Belarusian cities, I've tried a few different options. Not ideal, obviously, but much better than the previous attempts. This may have to stay beta until we can figure something durable out 

Duplicate the Russian Cities so they are "Belarusian" as well 

1 hour ago, oche balboa said:

Duplicate the Russian Cities so they are "Belarusian" as well 

Interesting idea. Would take ages to change all the people and clubs from that city but likely worth a shot. Do you have experience making that kind of big change work? My only concern is they'd still be in the old Russian local regions (can't duplicate those), and there are only 5 or so old Belarusian ones (all under Belarus now) so it's not practical to move them all into those. I tried moving all the Belarusian cities into Smolensk Oblast to see if it helped, but nada

1 hour ago, themodelcitizen said:

Interesting idea. Would take ages to change all the people and clubs from that city but likely worth a shot. Do you have experience making that kind of big change work? My only concern is they'd still be in the old Russian local regions (can't duplicate those), and there are only 5 or so old Belarusian ones (all under Belarus now) so it's not practical to move them all into those. I tried moving all the Belarusian cities into Smolensk Oblast to see if it helped, but nada

Yeah it would be time consuming but i did it with an old Liechtenstein file to creat Liechtenstein Italians & Spanish. 

It's bizarre, even duplicating all of the Belarusian cities and then deleting the originals still seems to result in teams like Zenit having a disproportionate amount of newgens from the Belarusian cities (everything under the Union State now).

So it's not hard-coded to draw newgens for the country from those local regions, because it still pulled from those cities when I changed them to be in Smolenskaya oblast (Russian local region, also under the new Union State now). It's also not hard-coded to draw from those cities, because when I duplicated them it still kept pulling from them.

Same thing happened with North Korea, how does it know to keep pulling from those cities when everything about them is under a new nation? I may be missing the forest for the trees here but I'm stumped (no pun intended)...

• themodelcitizen changed the title to [FM23.4] Union State of Russia and Belarus (WIP)
  • 2 weeks later...
On 09/08/2023 at 16:36, themodelcitizen said:

hope so that can be fixed

You have changed both: all cities to Belarus, and all local regions to Belarus?

And another one

All clubs that once were playing in Russia, You must change those clubs: nation, based nation, cup nation.

Maybe language is problem?

In Belarus is belarussian, so maybe Zenit want players that speaks belarussian, and in city of Petersburg younglings speak russian? I don't think it's possible, but who knows... ;)

I had a database in FM22 with a huge amount of changes, and in some new countries the newgens were kind of old nationality, even though I followed the same pattern everywhere.

I won't be able to check your files right now because I'm currently creating a database with a couple of changes that I'm splitting into several different stages/sets of files. I will quote my plan, maybe someone will like it too ;)

1. North Korea and South Korea will form one Korea under the flag of South Korea as United Korea. From part of Russia + Alaska I will create the country Kamchatka Republic.

2. I connect Qatar with Bahrain as Qatar. "Old" Bahrain will be converted into Kazakhstan. And I will change the old Kazakhstan into a country called the Republic of Karelia, and it will be more or less the north of Russia with Saint Petersburg.

3.1. I will combine Nepal with Bhutan and add a few provinces of India and China, and thus the state of Tibet will be created on the basis of Nepal. "Old" Bhutan will transform into a new state - the Ural Republic.

3.2. I'll just expand Mongolia with part of Russia and two provinces from China. 

4. Most of the work. Under the banner of Palestine, I will create Judea and join Israel there. I will transform the "empty" land of Israel into the Land of the Balts (Grand Duchy of Lithuania) containing Lithuania, Latvia, Estonia and the Kaliningrad region. From these three countries will arise: the Principality of Moscow, the Republic of the Caucasus and United Mordovia.

5. It's uncertain, because I was thinking of combining Yemen and Oman and separating Turkey into Asian Turkey and European Byzantium. But then the European part would be quite small. Then I thought to create Kurdistan from most of the eastern provinces of Turkey (and some Iranian and Iraqi ones).

And so Russia will be left empty. So is Crimea, whose clubs I will join either the Caucasus or Ukraine.

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/07/2023 at 08:42, themodelcitizen said:

EDIT: This is mostly dead as we work out the quirks of newgens, but in the meantime, Russia can play in the CAFA Nations Cup every four years and it's club can join the Asian Champions League...

Original post: Since moving Russia into Asia is hitting some roadblocks, what if the Union State unified their FAs?

Reveal hidden contents

DOWNLOAD BETA | GRAPHICS

Hide contents

GRAPHICS

Do you have the link for the Russia , Korea part ?

Not handy. It's a bit of work, but because North Korea doesn't have that many entries and is so isolated it's not hard to do. Just change every North Korean person's days trained in nation etc from North to South, and go through and change every North Korean person's nationality (same for second nationality, which IIRC is just a few Japanese people). Same for every club (nation, based nation and continental cup nation), region, city, stadium etc.

For the competitions it's up to you what you want to do, I think I put them in the South (the newly unified Korea) but made most of them extinct, except the DPR top league became a regional division in the Korean lower leagues. I didn't have the rules set up that low so it was fine, if you were integrating it with a Korean lower league DB that would take a bit more work.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/09/2023 at 20:26, themodelcitizen said:

Not handy. It's a bit of work, but because North Korea doesn't have that many entries and is so isolated it's not hard to do. Just change every North Korean person's days trained in nation etc from North to South, and go through and change every North Korean person's nationality (same for second nationality, which IIRC is just a few Japanese people). Same for every club (nation, based nation and continental cup nation), region, city, stadium etc.

Now you feel what I have to endure with the Iron Curtain :D