The game is unplayable if you're not in EPL.

I'm so frustrated with people management in this game.

I'm in Turkish SL and I just can't hold onto my good players. We're in UCL every year (one quarter final so far), won Europa League one time but I can't further my progress because all of my best players want to leave if they receive an offer from a club (top-half) in EPL.

They don't care if I reject an offer from Barcelona or Juventus but they literally go batshit crazy when Aston Villa or Newcastle or Arsenal make an offer (and they always do!). Even if they're not in UCL or don't offer the same amount of play time as I do, they want to go regardless (wages are about the same).

Year after year, I'm working to find suitable replacements during summer transfer window and rebuild the squad instead of building around my best players and strenghten the squad progressively every year.

If somehow I manage to find a wonderkid before the big clubs, his agent demand a ridiculous release clause to be included in the contract. So I lose them very cheaply next year when he's starting to realise his potential. Although, even if there's no release clause, the guy just wants to leave around the same fee anyway.

If I choose to reject the offer in spite of his demands to leave, suddenly every other player in the squad is unhappy because they think I'm being unfair to the guy.

So, to enjoy this game, you either need to manage a team in the lower leagues or a team at the absolute top like Man City or Liverpool. Anything in between is unplayable and frustrating.

Thats how it is in real life tbf, Doesn't matter if the Swedish second division club you took to the UCL is "better" than half the clubs in the Premier League. Those clubs will still have a higher reputation while being in a usually more competitive league. Earning potential exists as well. Most players would definitely prefer to earn $70K p/w at Aston Villa than $80K p/w at say FC Andorra. It's the way of the game, you've just got to live with it.

1 hour ago, NoirChrist said:

Thats how it is in real life tbf,

In real life turkish clubs don't reach the latter stages of the CL and pay EPL wages, so how would you know.

Mid table PL clubs have a massive pull in real life because of money. Players leave top clubs in other big leagues (excluding top top like RM, Barca, Bayern etc) for PL clubs without european football, because, money, money money, money.

If he has european football AND offer PL level salaries to his players, there is no logic in players wanting to leave so strongly.

Players from lower-level reputation leagues want to play in a league with a higher reputation if given the opportunity.  The top leagues in the world are full of promising younger players who jump at the chance to go to a bigger club and a very large % of them don't make it, but that doesn't stop them from wanting to try.

It also doesn't make the game unplayable

The trick is to parlay this into as much money as possible to improve the club. Better facilities, bigger stadium, better coaching team. These things will help to improve youth prospects coming through as well as convince players to stay by improving your reputation. Try to improve your relationships with as many players as possible so you are in their favoured personnel. This might not help with their interest in leaving, but it might make them more likely to swallow rejected offers. 

It sounds like you're experiencing a frustrating and challenging situation in your Football Manager game, particularly with player management and retaining your top players. Managing a club in the middle tier can indeed be difficult, as you're likely to face the constant allure of bigger clubs from higher-profile leagues.

Here are some strategies you can try to improve your player retention and overall squad management:

Offer Competitive Contracts: Make sure you offer your key players competitive contracts with reasonable wages and bonuses. Sometimes, players may be more likely to stay if they feel valued and adequately compensated.

Team Success: Aim to improve your team's success and reputation over time. The more successful your team becomes, the more likely players will want to stay and be a part of your winning project.

Strengthen Club Reputation: Work on strengthening your club's reputation by consistently performing well in European competitions and your domestic league. A strong reputation can help attract better players and retain the current ones.

Building Personal Relationships: Utilize the "Interactions" feature in the game to build personal relationships with your players. Praising, encouraging, or supporting them during tough times can help increase their loyalty to the club.

Promote from Within: Develop a strong youth academy to produce talented players who can eventually replace your outgoing stars. Homegrown players are more likely to have loyalty to the club.

Develop Strong Staff: Having top-notch coaches, scouts, and backroom staff can contribute to player development and overall team success, making your club more attractive to players.

Negotiate with Players Directly: Sometimes, if a player expresses a desire to leave, you can try negotiating with them directly and convincing them to stay. Pledging to strengthen the squad or achieve specific goals can help change their minds.

2 hours ago, dFDLock said:

It sounds like you're experiencing a frustrating and challenging situation in your Football Manager game, particularly with player management and retaining your top players. Managing a club in the middle tier can indeed be difficult, as you're likely to face the constant allure of bigger clubs from higher-profile leagues.

Here are some strategies you can try to improve your player retention and overall squad management:

Offer Competitive Contracts: Make sure you offer your key players competitive contracts with reasonable wages and bonuses. Sometimes, players may be more likely to stay if they feel valued and adequately compensated.

Team Success: Aim to improve your team's success and reputation over time. The more successful your team becomes, the more likely players will want to stay and be a part of your winning project.

Strengthen Club Reputation: Work on strengthening your club's reputation by consistently performing well in European competitions and your domestic league. A strong reputation can help attract better players and retain the current ones.

Building Personal Relationships: Utilize the "Interactions" feature in the game to build personal relationships with your players. Praising, encouraging, or supporting them during tough times can help increase their loyalty to the club.

Promote from Within: Develop a strong youth academy to produce talented players who can eventually replace your outgoing stars. Homegrown players are more likely to have loyalty to the club.

Develop Strong Staff: Having top-notch coaches, scouts, and backroom staff can contribute to player development and overall team success, making your club more attractive to players.

Negotiate with Players Directly: Sometimes, if a player expresses a desire to leave, you can try negotiating with them directly and convincing them to stay. Pledging to strengthen the squad or achieve specific goals can help change their minds.

Major apologies if it isn't but this reads like ChatGPT

1 hora atrás, Brother Ben disse:

Major apologies if it isn't but this reads like ChatGPT

Don't be sorry. It is, I had the same ideas but couldn't have had explained any better than ChatGPT as it was early in the morning, I still wanted to help though.

5 hours ago, dFDLock said:

Don't be sorry. It is, I had the same ideas but couldn't have had explained any better than ChatGPT as it was early in the morning, I still wanted to help though.

It was a great answer to be fair, amazing how far this stuff has come