[FM23+] - Maws Boys - Mawborough Football Club!

Maw74

bNk5bx.jpgaSRai8.png

oU1fiW.jpg

Ok, the recent announcements about the future of FM has made me want to try my one club save on FM23 again.
I have previously tried this on FM23 & FM21 >>> here <<<, I tried the youth only save starting at lower levels.

This time we are starting in Vanarama National League South.

My biggest save with my created club is below.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mawborough on Football Manager Touch 2020
I have dabbled with a few saves but this was the only one that went longer than a few seasons.

Previous history with Mawborough (A save on FMT20)

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I did recently set up another attempt on that version >>> here <<<

So if this doesn't work out then I will go back to that, the carrying saves forward to future releases of the
game really interests me, I also want just a bit more control over my club, even though there are quite a
few things I hate in full version, this save isn't youth only as I miss signing players, I still like bringing youth
players through, I also like starting with real players, my selection process for this save was to search for
players born in Luton and areas nearby, I have selected a squad of 32, originally had 40 but whittled it down by
taking out players who's wages were too high and players that didn't have a profile pic.

I will have some news about TottenhamLuton Town and Stopsley United soon.

q8EEGu.jpg

We will be playing at

JdR33V.jpg

Mc3a0j.jpg

YEtOrk.jpg

Edited by Maw74

9 hours ago, abulezz said:

Looking forward to this!

Thanks

8 hours ago, Sizeman21 said:

Always enjoy your Mawborough dynasties, however short they are on the forums. Hopefully the save transferring can keep this thread going!

Thanks

I fully intend sticking with this one for many many seasons, this save will hold other interests for me as well as my club, I have removed MK Dons (still in database) , replaced them in League One with Stopsley Utd (my original created club).

More details to follow

Edited by Maw74

Hcs6xF.jpg

fd7cP8.jpg

I have done a few edits to the database, I have updated Spurs with Maddison, Vicario and Solomon.
Solomon will spend 1st season at Fulham, Also signed Porro and Kulusevski on permanent deals.

Transfered Harry Winks to Leicester City and also in comes Ange Postecoglou as manager.

Brendan Rodgers is at Celtic, Poch at the Chavs and Tuchel at Bayern Munich.

While looking at players from Luton I added Lewis Baker to Luton squad, there were others
like James Justin and Jemal Lewis that I would have liked to give them but the wages were too high.

I have given us and Luton a local rivalry but with good relations, also the reason I picked to play at
Kenilworth Road is because the game has Luton set to move to new stadium on 1/6/24.

1pFgJV.jpg

Stopsley Utd will be at Stadium Mk.

On0XCZ.jpg

Stopsley Utd have been set up with a rich benefactor and with £300m in the bank.

They also have the players and staff that I put together in the thread linked below.

and the manager........................

1Fdznr.jpg

A squad of 38 players, 24 ex-Spurs players (well 2, Parrott & Scarlett are current but out on loan)
13 players (Forren, Chanot, De Marcos, Tozer, Bostock, Palsson, Petrucci, Tunnicliffe, Vejinovic, Worrall, Perotti, Loach & Chicharito)
all played for Stopsley in the early years on FM10, also added Bynoe-Gittens just to bring a Dortmund player to the squad.

So just a little bit different to this.

Facilities & Squad

Stadium Mk & Woughton on the Green

That is other teams and edits covered, now focus is on Mawborough.

YEtOrk.jpg

Edited by Maw74

• Maw74 changed the title to [FM23+] - Maws Boys - Mawborough Football Club!

oU1fiW.jpg

Starts Here..................

bng0OS.jpg

Club Info

pUoGWL.jpg

WgHXJK.jpg

RvL9gi.jpg

vuruWN.jpg

Club Records (On FMT20)

vsvklG.jpg

Club Facilities

GPJwaI.jpg

JdR33V.jpg

whaPgw.jpg

0588N3.jpg

Manager's Office

FDydUz.jpg

cQh3yw.jpg

Starting Squad

pAud7z.jpg

3wUBNw.jpg

YEtOrk.jpg

Edited by Maw74

3YAZAk.jpg

First game of the season..........

0LCGRc.jpg

A narrow win as Neufville nets winner!

UOJsl4.jpg

HFxlzX.jpg

YEtOrk.jpg

3YAZAk.jpg

7L68Ac.jpg

Under 18's beat Stopsley Utd!

NvDntd.jpg

FA Cup Draw!

7K8BDa.jpg

YEtOrk.jpg

U6sE6t.jpg

We will be recruiting most of our players from Luton and nearby areas!

fMkdqf.jpg

I picked some points for a reasonable round trip to form a border, it's a 4 hour drive. this is a self imposed policy, we can sign just 3 players outside of this border per season.

YEtOrk.jpg

13 hours ago, abulezz said:

A hotbed of talent!

Yep lol

Harry Winks is from Hemel Hempstead and Oliver Skipp is from Welwyn Garden City, so absolutely 👍😜'

Edited by Maw74

• 2 weeks later...

3YAZAk.jpg

zBDrDe.png

Pre-Season Friendlies!

WjLpTW.jpg

August & September 2022!

i0IwLR.jpg

October & November 2022!

BKMrXO.jpg

The FA cup was a bit disappointing in terms of rounds but Chester were always going be a tough task.
The league defeat to Tonbridge was easily our worst performance, just an empty limp display.

Overall we are going well and we are on course for promotion, still a long way to go though.
Next up I will have results for December and the table.

YEtOrk.jpg

Edited by Maw74

3YAZAk.jpg

Our under 18's completed the double over Stopsley!

ias6C6.jpg

zBDrDe.png

December 2022!

7vDcYz.jpg

December was good apart from the cup defeat, it was a good effort against Notts County.
Unbeaten in the league with 3 wins in our 5 games and we are top of the table after winning
the top of the table clash against Havant & Waterlooville.

Our Stats!
pv19po.jpg

Table!
anROQk.jpg

The World Cup took place in Qatar and look who won......................

2DMWeE.jpg

YEtOrk.jpg

3YAZAk.jpg

A new signing and more!

U6sE6t.jpg

nhoj60.jpg

6V4QVd.jpg

Santos becomes our first foreign signing in this save.

and 2 more joining in the summer.

mvvBbO.jpg

uXSpdp.jpgoDhide.jpg

McKnight & Owen join from Tottenham in the close season..

2vCiTO.jpg

eHdIPi.jpg

W4jnAp.jpg

Best of the youth intake.

ILY9pW.jpg

YEtOrk.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 16/07/2023 at 00:00, Maw74 said:

bNk5bx.jpgaSRai8.png

oU1fiW.jpg

Ok, the recent announcements about the future of FM has made me want to try my one club save on FM23 again.
I have previously tried this on FM23 & FM21 >>> here <<<, I tried the youth only save starting at lower levels.

This time we are starting in Vanarama National League South.

My biggest save with my created club is below.

Mawborough on Football Manager Touch 2020
I have dabbled with a few saves but this was the only one that went longer than a few seasons.

Previous history with Mawborough (A save on FMT20)

I did recently set up another attempt on that version >>> here <<<

So if this doesn't work out then I will go back to that, the carrying saves forward to future releases of the
game really interests me, I also want just a bit more control over my club, even though there are quite a
few things I hate in full version, this save isn't youth only as I miss signing players, I still like bringing youth
players through, I also like starting with real players, my selection process for this save was to search for
players born in Luton and areas nearby, I have selected a squad of 32, originally had 40 but whittled it down by
taking out players who's wages were too high and players that didn't have a profile pic.

I will have some news about TottenhamLuton Town and Stopsley United soon.

q8EEGu.jpg

We will be playing at

JdR33V.jpg

Mc3a0j.jpg

YEtOrk.jpg

169EHc.jpgMaNzAi.jpg

I guess full FM is not for me any more, I have tried this 4 times now on FM21, FM22 & FM23, It's OK at start of save but then after one season it feels like a drag, seasons seem to take so long and the fun goes, it's a shame that SI have stopped giving us the Classic/Touch version on PC :(,

So it's gonna have to be an older version for me to get my Football Manager fun.

4 minutes ago, Maw74 said:

169EHc.jpgMaNzAi.jpg

I guess full FM is not for me any more, I have tried this 4 times now on FM21, FM22 & FM23, It's OK at start of save but then after one season it feels like a drag, seasons seem to take so long and the fun goes, it's a shame that SI have stopped giving us the Classic/Touch version on PC :(,

So it's gonna have to be an older version for me to get my Football Manager fun.

Yeah I just got FMT17 from Amazon somehow, the menus take getting used to from FM23, but it's really fun!