A parent competition of a parent competition -- Good idea or not?

AQ

Is it a good idea to create a parent competition of other parent competitions? What do you gain/lose by doing it?  

Here's the pyramid I'm building. My questions pertain to Tier 4. 

Tier 1:         Celtic Nations Premier League (teams from Scotland, Wales, all Ireland)

Tier 2:         Celtic Nations Unified League (same)

Tier 3:         Separate child leagues for Scotland, Wales, all-Ireland, under one parent competition

Tier 4:        Parent competition: Celtic Nations Regional Leagues (4th tier of unified Celtic Nations pyramid)
                          |                                                    |                                                      |                                 
            Parent: Scottish Leagues        Parent: Irish Leagues                     Parent: Welsh Leagues
                          |                                                     |                                                      |
           Child: Highland League           Child: N. Ireland League                Child: Cymru North
           Child: Lowland League            Child: Irish Republic League         Child: Cymru South

I know that I can make those child competitions all part of one parent competition, with separate promotion/relegation paths, because I've done it before. I'm wondering if it's better to completely separate them with the parent of a parent model, in the hopes that it somehow minimizes the number of Irish/Welsh/etc. teams playing in Scottish/etc. leagues at some point. (Promotion and relegation always does that at some point.)

Any thoughts? 

Thanks so much. 

Edited by AQ

I'm thinking of throwing the Cornish teams in with Wales. Isle of Man FC too.

Top Breton, Galician, and (yes) English teams would be invited for a one month cup modeled on the Leagues Cup between Liga MX and MLS. 

Edited by AQ