Women football is coming and move to a new engine for FM25

Wolf_pd

As you might have read in Miles Jacobsons’s latest blog, the timeline for women football is clear. Some of you will not care, some of you will care. What is clear though is a few things for the coming versions of FM, big change is coming. The game gets priority over the editor, so we can imagine time for FM25 editor changes might even more limited. Also, it is possible that because the engine chases some of the tooling changes as well. 
That means we need to be smart with our requests for the editor and go for small effort (on SI side) with big reward (for the editors.
Normally I would forward everyone with ideas and suggestions section, but for now I want to have a discussion, which request can get us the most functionality while ensuring SI can do it with (what we assume) the least amount of effort. We have seen small incremental changes in the editor, some where I know they have been made based on threads created in the request section and women football will probably also bring some slightly bigger ones. It is up to us to try and see if we can make SI add to that.

So get creative and think about, small effort changes in the editor with big rewards for us editors. I am very interested to see what you can come up with.
Friendly reminder, keep it nice. Someone might have an idea that he/she/they think takes little effort, but is hard to do for SI. You can always say that, but keep the discussion civil please.

The main thing I want for the editor is for continental competitions to be fully editable, including coefficients and qualification places (and without affecting dynamic reputation in leagues)!

No idea if that would be a lot of work for SI to implement or if it would be as simple as just pressing a button to open that up to the editor, but yeah, that's the thing I want most.

I think adding women's football will mean some obvious changes in the data. For example there will be 2 separate coefficent and tournament groups. Affilliates will have to be handled differently too. My favourite pet projects "names" is going to be changed. It's going to be vital to be able to do specific male/female searches both on player/non-player/club/etc levels. 

I don't have the answer right now but I think this is something editors should consider and be mindful of in this process. 

God forbid any more wars, but the ability to override any political decisions that world governing bodies have implemented. Eg. Ability to put Russian teams back into European competitions with the click of a button. Allowing banned nations to play in international competitions (again with the click of a button). Allowing teams that have been ordered to play at neutral venues to return to playing at their home grounds. 

I really don't know how easy this would be , but the ability to change the starting year would be great. You could design an edited era and have the game start say in 1985. Just the ability to change the date would do. We would have the option then to created retro databases eg your Iron Curtain @Wolf_pd, and set the start date to 1988. 

I would like to be able to edit the percentage distribution of (foreign) nationalities in youth intaked within a nation. I know that the Head Researchers can do this, so the function must already exist somewhere. ;) Enable it for the pre-game editor <3 

Why?
There are still nations that become too strong or too weak due to extremely high or far too low values. So it would be a small but very powerful addition.

- An option to create a club like Atletic Bilbao. For example, by simply ticking a box that would activate this option with a drop-down menu to choose which nation or even which local region.

- The possibility of having the rules of several nations in a single file.

- Create a new continent or nation in the same way as you would create a club.

Edited by Samuel77

@Wolf_pd

Being able to code lock/password lock all created files so there can be no more arguments who made a particular file with it being up to the creator of the file if he allows further edits, but the initial creator is always named in the file;)

Be able to edit the number of foreign players under a certain age that can be signed per season [make it club specific] like this

Be able to change the transfer/loan window dates for all nations in a continent [eg I would like the window to close when season starts for all clubs in Europe, without having to edit every country individually, I hope this is possible now and I am just unaware how to do it:D

impose continental bans to specific clubs[there is a workaround, but to do this like a transfer ban would be superb]

Be able to open the editor in multiple tabs and copy/paste displayed pages from one tab to the other

edit the population of a nation directly[as it is now you can increase the population of cities but in game the nation's population remains unchanged, I have brought back the old Yugoslavia and it works fine however the population does not reflect the now combined countries total]

In Game Editor[IGE]

IGE-make AI managers unsackable

IGE-edit history of everything players/clubs/competitions 

IGE- be able to import your own tactics/formations for AI managers

IGE- swap clubs/nations in a competition before it starts

IGE-create a person/ change a person 'type' from say a player to a player/non player etc

IGE-edit career plans

IGE-The option to edit a cup draw in real time using IGE so you could set UCL/World Cup qualifiers groups as per real life -so you could manually pick team/s to be in particular groups or pick some teams to play one another in a KO round, also pick the stadium to host a game

one simple thing in game would be the option to paste text directly from an external source to the search bar

Edited by Roy Race 9

• 4 weeks later...

Create Leagues or Cups in a more direct way without all the advanced rules and nation attachment requirements, definitely an improved pre-game editor, if i can make a Premier league for balkans, east europe, without having to make it all in 1 nation for exemple then yay!! that will give some big competition and be pretty fun.

Also maybe have a in-game graphics setting? like the game has for skin attribute colors, if it can have that then maybe have an option like that where we select Kits both match and club profile image for each season, we could make a folder and named it by year, then each season the game selected the correspondent year file image without the need for move, override, reload skin, now with the bots/ai image generation it's pretty fast to make tons of kits for each season.

Just 2 ideas i got right now :)

Well they have the basic editor to create leagues and cups as well, advanced isn't required. I'd love to see more options for scheduling, same way you can have alternate versions of "fixture dates" for teams involved in the Club World Championship - you should be able to have teams who play in continental tournaments have their matchday bumped (like, playing on Monday in the league if they played Thursday Europa League games the previous week)

On 31/07/2023 at 03:19, themodelcitizen said:

Well they have the basic editor to create leagues and cups as well, advanced isn't required. I'd love to see more options for scheduling, same way you can have alternate versions of "fixture dates" for teams involved in the Club World Championship - you should be able to have teams who play in continental tournaments have their matchday bumped (like, playing on Monday in the league if they played Thursday Europa League games the previous week)

:thup:

• 4 weeks later...

I would love a way to keep created teams with the same ID from version to version. Some editors, do lower league like Krlenjushka or Lionel Messi’s English level 10 or XaW Norwegian lower league and many others. Some of these will require creating entirely new leagues and clubs. Trying to move these files from one version to the other will require to adjust several things including the graphics files to the new IDs can be a bit problematic, specially if you have those big thousand of changes files, it would make live to some editors far easier if the ID remain the same.

And sometimes, just an update (where SI adds a team or league), it can make 100% working file, to multiple errors or the wrong IDs in graphics making me to adjust the all graphics of my created teams all over again to the point I don’t bother in doing my file, after the final patch being release. I just started playing FM23 about 2 to 3 months ago (this year started later due to Chinese transfer window closing later).

Let us see how these save games from one version to the next will work. Not likely save games based on our files will be compatible.

Edited by grade

9 minutes ago, grade said:

Let us see how these save games from one version to the next will work. Not likely save games based on our files will be compatible.

Considering save games can be shared without the second person needing the editor files if they are used in the save games, my expectation* is that save games with editor can be loaded 

* disclaimer, I am assuming here ;)

20 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Considering save games can be shared without the second person needing the editor files if they are used in the save games, my expectation* is that save games with editor can be loaded 

I am banking on this being the case. I am reluctant to do anything in the editor* until after the final SI database release.

*disclaimer, I reserve the right to go back on this if I can't resist the temptation to meddle. :D

5 hours ago, \&#x27;Appy \&#x27;Ammer said:

I am banking on this being the case. I am reluctant to do anything in the editor* until after the final SI database release.

*disclaimer, I reserve the right to go back on this if I can't resist the temptation to meddle. :D

I will meddle from the moment the release says go, but I understand your point. When considering moving IC22 to FM24 the first thought that came up was, OK, but which database version?

Capacity to edit percentages of likelihood of double nationality regens (and from what nations), at national, local region, city (like we are able to with languages), as well as club level.

for lack of a better word, a two pronged qualification fate action aka, in a cup final, winner can choose to qualify for competition A or B, and the losing team gets the competition not chosen.

Database

Easier mass editing for second nationalities, home-grown status, reserve teams, regional divisions, etc..
Creating new currencies, would be great for projects like the Iron Curtain or Yugoslavia Files.
Editing the stadium sides, it is already possible to do this when editing the comp editor file.
Being able to create monthly awards and awards for goals without workarounds. (i.e. having to copy an existing award)

Rules editing

The ability to choose rules (through requirements - valid rules) depending on whether a competition host is from a certain continent. It's already possible to choose them depending on the number of hosts, and this would make editing qualifiers a lot easier. (If this is already possible, please someone enlighten me, I feel like I'm going crazy editing/creating the new World Cup Qualifiers)
Being easily able to create a western & eastern region for continental competitions and especially their coefficients like in Asia.
The ability to disable hardcoded stuff, like the World Cup, Champions League or similar competitions have. (also, it would be nice to have some of the hardcoded things as options in the editor, just like the two other things above this)
Fixing (?) host nations.
Fixing some draw rules that aren't working.

Edit: another great thing would be the ability to implement a fixed draw like in the Asian Cup and European Championship for when a Third/Second Placed Teams table is used

Edited by V2023

On 28/08/2023 at 06:24, Wolf_pd said:

yes I have passed on a a save game using over 40 files I use the other person didnt have them and there was no issue:thup:

as I see it you only need the file/s in the editor data folder when you initially create a save after that they are not necessary 

Some good points so far. I may repeat some below.

- I'd appreciate if SI would release an official Tutorial and Troubleshooting manual. Or at least offer some in-house help when people are asking for how to do things. This is an area of the Forums that works on autopilot, I rarely see any Devs respond to any questions asked. You cannot rely entirely on a willing community, that imo seems to be dwindling as well over time as I notice a lot of the people who are skilled with the Editor don't reside here but they are based on 3rd party websites. Devs should either help the community with simple or advanced editing stuff as long as it doesn't violate any rights which becomes a sensitive issue in the commercial aspect. And/or create a manual of the do's, don't do's and how-to's. 

- I'd also appreciate if adjusting 2nd nationalities wouldn't be as contingent on "No Info" vs "whatever entry". You can mass edit a nationality without caring about the part of "Granted Citizenship via..." or "Eligible for nation" or "Declared for nation", you should be able to do that for 2nd nations as well. I also am not sure where that is actually useful, as I'm not aware of any rules in the game where this matters. I trust there is, but I just haven't come across it. 

- I'd definitely would like to see the "Test Rules" aspect to give more options apart from just verifying. Say there's a mistake or an error, explaining how to fix it - not in detail - rather than just mentioning that there is 1 team less or more than expected in some random U19 division would quite helpful, as sometimes there are complex rules with a promotion spot being given indirectly or something. A lot of people get stuck.

- More options to edit without having to use the Resource Editor. And less hard coding of things that should be editable. And if possible, more automations.

a) Change continent. Pretty straightforward.

b) If I adjust something, a domino effect should follow. If I change a club's history, the database should read that:

- The last league position during that season changed from 2nd to 1st

- The personal details of coach and player should be adjusted so that a league win is not accounted for, and the league title appears on the other person.

This is also in order to auto-populate accolades to players/leagues where the history is vacant or created from scratch. Say I create a new competition and I want to make a list of different winners for the previous 3 seasons, I shouldn't have to find all players and coaches, one by one, to assign them that accolade. 

I assume that the data is all connected and this shouldn't be a hard implementation to change. 

I could go on but no need, others have also covered a lot here.

- Option to "add to [inter]continental structure". Same way it works for a league, it should work for continental tournaments and international tournaments. It should allow us the option to review rules, prize money of existing competitions, or even give us the chance to add new ones, like revive the Cup Winners Cup or allow us to build a new competition for the 8th place PL and La Liga teams and the 5th place from Sweden and so on. 

Or edit the World Cup, Copa America or Euro without having to recreate it from scratch, including their qualifiers. 

This should also include qualifiers.

d) More of an in-game issue than an editor game, but I'd like to see CL/EL/Conference qualifiers not be included in the same competition as the main events. This is because you may end up with a Top Scorer in that year that had like 11 goals in the qualifiers and just 2 in the group stage. Editor should give the option to state which round it "clears" the data and considers it a fresh start in the competition. As a new competition being created for qualifiers doesn't make sense, this could be a simple button on the Editor where you can tick or untick the option to "include qualifier stats in main competition". In-game, it'd be separated by view, "All", "Main", "Qualifiers". 

4 hours ago, Yuko said:

- I'd appreciate if SI would release an official Tutorial and Troubleshooting manual. Or at least offer some in-house help when people are asking for how to do things. This is an area of the Forums that works on autopilot, I rarely see any Devs respond to any questions asked. You cannot rely entirely on a willing community, that imo seems to be dwindling as well over time as I notice a lot of the people who are skilled with the Editor don't reside here but they are based on 3rd party websites.

Which sites are they? Need study material. Some of them might be here under different names btw. I know of at least one.

• 3 weeks later...

I just remember something.

I would love the ability to move international games as I please. My idea is to have all international games concentrated into a specific month or two. Instead of having multiple interruptions a season, this case would be only one.

1 hour ago, grade said:

I just remember something.

I would love the ability to move international games as I please. My idea is to have all international games concentrated into a specific month or two. Instead of having multiple interruptions a season, this case would be only one.

That should be possible in the editor already I think. There was one world champion's league where all international games were played in the summer.

2 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

That should be possible in the editor already I think. There was one world champion's league where all international games were played in the summer.

I tried and aks around, and thought was impossible. If it is there. Good. Perhaps making more easier to do. :)

13 hours ago, grade said:

I tried and aks around, and thought was impossible. If it is there. Good. Perhaps making more easier to do. :)

I will never contest a request to make things easier. There are days that I just shut down the editor as my brain can't comprehend the errors I get :)

6 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

I will never contest a request to make things easier. There are days that I just shut down the editor as my brain can't comprehend the errors I get :)

That is another I like to be improved. They made bit better, but needs to be more English, less of coding.

6 hours ago, Samuel77 said:

That's my fear. There are things in the game that I expected and that are there, and it looks promising, but to be honest I think I spend more time on the editor than on the game itself :D

Same here, spend 3000 hours in the FM22 editor with about 1000 in game...