"The future of football manager" discussion

12 minutes ago, ajw10 said:

I'm not going to take their word for it, particularly with how disappointing FM23 is. I have no intention of buying the BETA and that would be the first time in a long time I haven't, I might even wait for a demo. I'm sure I'm not alone in that either.

So you denied being negative for the sake of it stating your questioning the updates.
You have asked no questions and all you are doing is saying that they are lying.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Gary James said:

So you denied being negative for the sake of it stating your questioning the updates.
You have asked no questions and all you are doing is saying that they are lying.

what? :D 

4 minutes ago, ajw10 said:

what? :D 

You argued that you weren't just posting to be negative and that you had questions about SI's plans. Yet you haven't asked any questions.

All you have done say that everything in their statement is a lie and that fm24 will be worse than fm23 without any logically reason do back up this up.

Not really hard to understand what I said was it.

1 minute ago, Gary James said:

You argued that you weren't just posting to be negative and that you had questions about SI's plans. Yet you haven't asked any questions.

All you have done say that everything in their statement is a lie and that fm24 will be worse than fm23 without any logically reason do back up this up.

Not really hard to understand what I said was it.

I didn't say I had "questions" I said that I "question" their plans. There is a difference between the two.

If FM24 is good, then fair play. I don't think it will be based on my experience of 23.

That's all. You are looking far too much into this

2 hours ago, ajw10 said:

I'm not going to take their word for it, particularly with how disappointing FM23 is. I have no intention of buying the BETA and that would be the first time in a long time I haven't, I might even wait for a demo. I'm sure I'm not alone in that either.

I bet you do, though... you won't be able to help it

Starting to have second thoughts about FM25, not FM24. The reason is that not every transition is an easy task for development, it's actually hard one; so I think FM25 will be more like the 1st generation of new area in SI and FM series. Holding a small basket for this. From the other hand, FM24, SI will use tools which know for many years and learning curve is minimal, not like Unity which require a new learning curve. They still have an open positions for Senior Software Engineer and Software Engineer (Unity), so will take some time to blend together (team bonding sessions).

FM24 will be the most worthwhile series since FM17 (if someone have read what Miles wrote and said) and simultaneously the end of area of what we know. Little sad about this, but future looks brighter and more prosperus. I would really be disappoint, if FM25 will be designed with back of the head for laptops like mine or like Intel Core 2 / AMD Athlon 64 X2. Both sides, have to take a decision: We upgrade or not. SI choose for upgrade. Fan base will follow or not. Some users will be left in the dust and it's ok.

Now, setting a goal in bank account: New PC for FM25 (and beyond). Two years.

Personally think that by releasing infomation on FM25 they are putting to much pressure on FM24 buyers . for me it will now be a wait and see before i even think about FM24 . Will definetly be a Demo for me if they actually have one this time . 

7 hours ago, alian62 said:

Personally think that by releasing infomation on FM25 they are putting to much pressure on FM24 buyers . for me it will now be a wait and see before i even think about FM24 . Will definetly be a Demo for me if they actually have one this time . 

For me it is the opposite. I will purchase FM24 if feature list seems ok because I feel it will be supported by the user base for much longer than "normal" releases, so I can play that for years if the new era has gamebreaking bugs etc.. It has the potential to be a new CM01 in that sense.

I was excited when i saw it and that was the point for me personally that made me want to be more involved in the forum.

I made a thread with personal suggestions that i think the game would benefit from in the future. Obviously some things were unatainable but i think i did have a couple of good points or at least actionable concerns.

Instead of sparking conversation and having a healthy thread discussion it got moved to the feedback thread which is basically dead and acts more like a recycling bin or that folder you have on your desktop where you put stuff you don't want to delete but you know you'll never use.

That to me signals that they are not interested in community feedback and they will continue to work on what they want rather than what we ask for.

On 14/07/2023 at 07:10, ma3 said:

Another thing i'd like to see with new engine is dynamic competition changes over large periods of times (for games that go to 2060 or w.e)

As an editor I can tell you that the engine does not have any effect on the competition. That is database and competition files only. I agree with you though that it would be good to see competition changes over the years instead of the static situation after you start your game.

2 hours ago, 𝑫𝒆𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒖𝑳 said:

I was excited when i saw it and that was the point for me personally that made me want to be more involved in the forum.

I made a thread with personal suggestions that i think the game would benefit from in the future. Obviously some things were unatainable but i think i did have a couple of good points or at least actionable concerns.

Instead of sparking conversation and having a healthy thread discussion it got moved to the feedback thread which is basically dead and acts more like a recycling bin or that folder you have on your desktop where you put stuff you don't want to delete but you know you'll never use.

That to me signals that they are not interested in community feedback and they will continue to work on what they want rather than what we ask for.

There's literally an entire forum specifically for future suggestions, which they review.  You can trace the genesis of some of them from years back into the current product.  

6 hours ago, 𝑫𝒆𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒖𝑳 said:

I'm the one who moved it, not SI. And I did it mainly because your first line of the post was:

On 16/07/2023 at 18:04, 𝑫𝒆𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒓𝒖𝑳 said:

Wasn't sure what the title should be but i think this is feedback. Seeing that FM will be undergoing a massive overhaul i thought this would be the best time to list a couple of things that i personally encountered while playing

Then you list up things you think about the game, and yes, you do have some suggestions, but I read it as feedback on how the features work now, and how you feel about missing parts, ie feedback, as you said yourself.

As said above, there is a whole forum for suggestions to add to the game, and everything in there is reviewed by SI and either put into a database of potential features, or added as parts of already suggested stuff, so feel free to add stuff there if you want.

Also, the feedback thread is not a recycle bin, and it's also read carefully by SI, but they rarely choose to reply there as they more use it to gauge what people think of things in game. That's also why we mods push suggesions into the suggestions forum, and bugs into the bug tracker instead of posting there.

We have a feedback thread for feedback, so there is no need for you to create another thread for feedback, that's why it was merged into it. If you want more details, feel free to PM me and we can have a discussion about it there.

Hopefully FM24 will see the introduction as real life will of the revamped agent license.

All agents now will be required to have a FIFA license, and there will also be maximum caps on their earnings (5% on a players annual wage below 200k and 3% on annual wages above 200k)

On 25/07/2023 at 15:07, forameuss said:

You can trace the genesis of some of them from years back into the current product.  

Something which is pretty cool when you spot it.

5 ore fa, Tony Wright 747 ha scritto:

Does anyone know, when SI switch to Unity whether it will be URP or HDRP.

HDRP, it would make no sense to lean towards only the top of the range GPUs. that being said, there HDRP is scalable and looks really well. no need to go from a potato PC to something that can run ray tracing.

On 30/07/2023 at 22:22, MBarbaric said:

HDRP, it would make no sense to lean towards only the top of the range GPUs. that being said, there HDRP is scalable and looks really well. no need to go from a potato PC to something that can run ray tracing.

You sound a lot cleverer than me on these things.. I asked the question because I am led to believe than you need HDRP for the best graphics, and I was hoping that someone from SI could clarify.

10 ore fa, Tony Wright 747 ha scritto:

You sound a lot cleverer than me on these things.. I asked the question because I am led to believe than you need HDRP for the best graphics, and I was hoping that someone from SI could clarify.

don't trust anyone just because  they sound clever :D in fact you are right. I got urp and hdrp around so it will most likely be urp. however, all the points remain. 

Le 27/07/2023 à 14:44, ElJuanvito a dit :

I was just thinking, I wonder if in futfem we will lose players when they get pregnant...

interesting question, maybe not "lose" player but maybe unselectable for few month, also, i think only with newgens.

I don't really have much skin in this game - I very much lapsed back after FM12 and whilst I did try to get into FM20 - and only because it was given away free by Epic Games - I found that to be so horrendously bloated and unfun that I deleted it and it completely killed all my interest in the series. However, there's always a little part of me wanting to get back engrossed, I actually went back to FM12 a bit late last year and it was so much more streamlined and actually fun! I still delegated all press conferences/team talks etc (because they have always been awful), but it zipped along at a reasonable pace and I was actually able to play through seasons in a reasonable time-frame (which is a key consideration for me.)

Anyway, I do still follow these forums every once in a while, and having seen the announcement by Miles, whilst I agree with many others that having some transparency and engagement with the fanbase is good, I thought the actual content of his blog was very <shrug>. I accept that many want to see a much better 3D representation, so that's good for a lot of people and the inclusion on women's football is important - but outside of that, there's no actual hint of any things that change the core structure of the game aside from a passing comment about making it better for long-term saves. It's basically an announcement that is mostly devoted to saying "We're getting new graphics!"

I do fully get that a) the game is a while away still, that b) they are probably still working to lock-down the features and c) they need to keep these things back so it can be used in the PR blitz in the build-up to release - so I didn't expect any real depth to his piece, but at the same time I would've liked at least some breadcrumbs dropped dealing with some of the non-engine/graphic related stuff. Like, are they revamping/improving/completely re-doing the useless man-management tools available to deal with play grumbles, the boring, overdone press stuff, the social media junk? Is scouting going to be looked at fresh? Is training? All that kind of stuff - you know, where most of the playing time is spent. But nada.

Again, I didn't expect chapter and verse on this stuff, but some little teasers. I accept that the elephant in the room there is that they still want FM24 to do well, so they can't say too much, but still - from a lapsed player that currently can't even be bothered to try FM23 via Game Pass at no cost (other than time), then it would've been nice to have something to make me start thinking that perhaps FM25 could pull me back in.