New role in FM Sports Director

Darko Grabež

I am writing to you as a long-time enthusiast and avid player of Football Manager, with an idea that I believe could bring a significant improvement to the game and offer players a deeper and more immersive experience.

Having played Football Manager since its early days, I have noticed that the game has made remarkable advancements in tactical aspects and player communication, which have greatly enhanced realism. However, over time, I have felt a lack of innovation in other areas of the game.

My vision is to introduce a new dimension to the game by allowing players to choose the role of a sports director or a manager before starting their managerial journey. This innovation would enable players to be involved in all key aspects of running a football club, providing them with greater control and the ability to shape the club's future on multiple levels.

Specifically, I propose the inclusion of the following elements in the game:

1. The ability to renovate or build a stadium, customize its capacity, and improve infrastructure.

2. Decision-making authority on ticket pricing, adjusting prices based on demand and the club's ambitions.

3. Negotiating with new sponsors and managing sponsorship contracts.

4. Developing a youth academy and creating a pathway for talented young players.

5. Enhancing the scouting department and scouting for promising players worldwide.

I believe that these innovations would give players the opportunity to engage more deeply with the world of football management, simulating the responsibilities of a sports director and offering a higher level of club control.

I am prepared to provide further detailed explanations of each of these elements and offer additional ideas to support the implementation of this innovation. I am confident that this upgrade would attract both existing Football Manager players and new enthusiasts who seek a comprehensive experience in club management.

This idea has been put forward before but the answer has always been that most of the above elements are outside the responsibilities of normal football managers are so are not part of the current game's vision.

• 1 month later...
  • SI Staff

Thank you for the detailed suggestion. As mentioned by the above users this would take the game away from being a Football Manager and more of a Director of Football, but we will put it under further consideration. :)