I Nerazzurri [FM23]

Carambau

• Carambau changed the title to I Nerazzurri [FM23]

spacer.png

Make Inter Grande Again

The year is 2023, 4th of July. The new season is about to begin. Inter have finished 2nd behind AC Milan in the Serie A last year. It was only 2 points but it felt like mille punti.

This must not happen again this season, otherwise the tifosi might show up at the training ground and teach us some lessons.

And this should only be the first step on our quest to Make Inter Grande Again.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

A First Glance

spacer.png

It doesn´t get more italian than our defense coach. He is definitely a styler. Let´s hope it´s not style over substance in his case...

The Tactics

spacer.pngspacer.png

Trying to copy Inzaghi´s approach.

Edited by Carambau

9 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Nice to see something a little bit different to do with transfers, and actually quite realistic as well. Good luck!

Thank you, mate! Inter is a nice challenge :) 

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

SEASON 2023/24

THE STATS

Serie A results #1 #2

Serie A Table

Coppa Italia results #1 #2

European results

Player Stats

Youth Intake

Finances

Transfers

SUMMARY

We can´t complain at all. We are back to being the best team in Italy, only lost the cup final because we are stupid and were defeated by a star-studded PSG in the European semis. Particular highlights were the 4-0 trashing at home of Milan in the Maddoninna derby and the 3-0 home win against Real Madrid in the CL quarters. The Coppa Italia final was one of the most in-vain performances i have ever seen from a team: We managed to get a red card early in the game, fell behind, got ANOTHER red card, drew the game minutes from the final whistle and then lost after penalties. I love the game. The new signings delivered mostly convincing performances, especially Ramos and Thuram, the latter finishing second in Seria A Topscorer chart. The Youth Intake brought some promising top talents into our academy and we signed them all. Handanovic, Darmian and Ibrahimovic will retire after this season. Financially we are healthy and in a position where we can spend quite a lot on new signings for next season. We have to bring in more quality. Now conquering Europe should be our next target.

Edited by Carambau

7 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Good Luck with this! I'm sure you will do well. You always do.

I'm still plugging away in Lancashire myself.

Thank you :) Well, let´s hope so!

2 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

Good season, congrats on Scudetto!

1 hour ago, AlfieLucas said:

Finally someone doing a save with the "I Nerazzurri". My second team, love them. So will be a keen reader of this one. :hammer:

Hello and Welcome! Nice to hear :) I hope you will enjoy it!

spacer.png

SEASON 2024/25

THE STATS

Serie A results #1 #2

Serie A Table

Coppa Italia results 

European results

Player Stats

Youth Intake

Finances

Transfers In Out

SUMMARY

The Circus had come to town! But Big name signings and all that did not prevent us from having a worse season than the last one. Of course, Harry Kane and Toni Kroos (and maybe de Gea too) boosted our shirt sales but in the end we achieved less than last year. Granted, we won the Serie A again, but then we - very deservedly- lost in the Coppa Italia semi finals against Roma and in the Champions League we did not even make it past the first knockout round where Liverpool clearly showed us our limits! We even lost both Derbies against Milan! No, we cannot be satisfied with this season. At least Martinez became the Serie A topscorer. We also won the Supercoppa, but I do not count that as a success. I am sensing our players are getting a bit too old and we have to do something about this. Our Youth Intake brought us some nice new prospects, so maybe this could be the area we should focus on at least a bit more. 

Edited by Carambau

That's a pretty ageing squad you got at the moment indeed.... one might say you've done pretty well with such an old bunch! I guess Italy's not a bad league to make use of them. But agree definitely time to refresh the squad with some young blood, just whether you're comfy playing/developing them in a league you're pressured to dominate each year.

As long as you keep getting over the line in the league though that's pretty good going and hopefully over time you'll be able to be consistently getting Semi Final spots in the UCL, always got a chance at that stage.

Keep up the good work :)

1 hour ago, g1nh0 said:

That's a pretty ageing squad you got at the moment indeed.... one might say you've done pretty well with such an old bunch! I guess Italy's not a bad league to make use of them. But agree definitely time to refresh the squad with some young blood, just whether you're comfy playing/developing them in a league you're pressured to dominate each year.

As long as you keep getting over the line in the league though that's pretty good going and hopefully over time you'll be able to be consistently getting Semi Final spots in the UCL, always got a chance at that stage.

Keep up the good work :)

Thank you for your nice feedback :) 

It´s definitely harder than I thought. Inter doesn´t attract the biggest players in their prime anymore, so it´s a case of finding exactly the right players to help us out. You are absolutely correct, as long as we manage to dominate domestically we are safe but of course success in Europe is the ultimate goal for I Nerazzurri :)  

spacer.png

SEASON 2025/26

THE STATS

Serie A results #1 #2

Serie A Table

Coppa Italia results #1 #2

European results

Player Stats

Youth Intake

Finances

Transfers In Out

SUMMARY

If anyone told me in January that we´d end up as domestic double winners, I would´ve flipped him the bird. We were sitting in 4th at that time after some mediocre results and somehow panic took over, as shown by the ridiculous January transfers which were almost entirely useless and we ended up offering the majority of those players out again at the end of the season. On top of that, it was not because of a transfer that we managed to turn the season around, but because of a youth academy player we brought in from our U20s: Alessandro Campione. The name alone! He took his chance, scored some ridiculous goals in the games we gave him and ended up earning his first cap for Italy. Encouraged by this young player and his determination, kicking the asses of our 2 main strikers, they realized they had to improve, also started to score more and as a consequence we started winning more consistently, only going out against PSG again in the last 16 of the Champions League. In the League, we relentlessly chased Napoli until they fell and as a bonus won the Coppa Italia against Roma too. As a consequence of this seasons experiences, a lot of players will leave, mostly the older ones. Sadly, Martinez will leave for Chelsea on a free. 

Edited by Carambau

12 hours ago, karanhsingh said:

I for one am enjoying seeing you do it with older players 

I will of course still bring in the odd oldie here and there as this seems to have become some sort of Inter´s style in the past years a :) 

11 hours ago, Jogo Bonito said:

Title after title, impressive stuff. A shame to lose Martinez, of course.

Thanks mate :) Yeah Martinez will be hard to replace but Campione looks like a superstar in the making.

spacer.png

SEASON 2026/27

THE STATS

Serie A results #1 #2

Serie A Table

Coppa Italia results #1 #2

European results

Player Stats

Youth Intake

Finances

Transfers In Out

SUMMARY

Our plan worked. We decided to strengthen our defense with 2 new world-class signings, tweaked our tactics for them to play with 3 technically gifted BPDs and up front we let the young players score after Harry Kane was sold. The Serie A title was secured on the final day of the season. Napoli were always breathing down our neck, together with Juventus, but we ourselves were relentless too and so were able to hold them off. Milenkovic and Torres proved a great defensive wall together with Bastoni, Barella and Koopmeiners ruled from midfield and up front Kean, Tel and newly crowned Golden Boy Campione hit the target. In the end we missed out on the triple by one damn result. The Coppa Italia was won in style against our rivals, so we won the domestic double again. Our Champions League Campaign could not have been more exciting. After winning every game in the group stage, we defeated PortoManchester United (trashing them 6-0 in the first leg), RB Leipzig (again scoring 6 goals in the first leg), only to lose against Real Madrid in the final after a penalty shootout. I doubt we can repeat this next season with the same squad but with the right signings we could maybe finally pull it off and Make Inter Great Again.

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

SEASON 2027/28

THE STATS

Serie A results #1 #2

Serie A Table

Coppa Italia results

European results

Player Stats

Youth Intake

Finances

Transfers In Out

SUMMARY

We tried to work on our weaknesses. We needed another world class player in central midfield and in came Sandro Tonali from Newcastle for the record fee of 113M. We also filled the vacancies in goal (Onana wants to leave so we loaned him out) and on the post-Dumfries right back position. Well, it kinda worked. We won the Serie A with a very, very big margin but failed to defend our Coppa Italia title and went out rather early in the Champions League quarters against a strong Man City. So let´s concentrate on celebrating on winning our 5th consecutive Serie A title! Our Academy product Alessandro Campione topped the Top Goalscorer chart and he also won the Best Young Player Of The Season award. We got the money to be aggressive on the transfer market for next season and by god we will be! 

Edited by Carambau

spacer.png

SEASON 2028/29

THE STATS

Serie A results #1 #2

Serie A Table

Coppa Italia results #1 #2

European results #1 #2

Player Stats

Youth Intake

Finances

Transfers In Out

SUMMARY

It could have been our season. Everything was in place for the big celebrations. But we fell on the last hurdle. We won the Serie A again, yes. We won the Coppa Italia again, yes. We won the Champions League... wait, we didn´t. We lost the damn final to damn Real Madrid again! In the 94th minute of stoppage time. Well, we tried our best - We continued to strengthen the squad: We signed a wonderful talented goalkeeper from Colombia. We signed world class defender Tom Krauss from Barcelona. And we kept on signing young Italian talents. To no avail. The big prize evaded us again. I guess this means spending even more money next year. Because that´s football nowadays. At least Alessandro Campione again had a fantastic season and continues to develop into a world class player.

Edited by Carambau

14 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

Real Madrid is everyone's "Bogeyman" in the Champion's League!

Otherwise, it was another decent season......but you really want the treble so you can retire in style, right?

Exactly, my friend :) 

spacer.png

SEASON 2029/30

THE STATS

Serie A results #1 #2

Serie A Table

European results #1 #2 #3 #4

Player Stats

Youth Intake

Finances

Transfers In Out

SUMMARY

Mission accomplished. It took us 8 years to complete the task to Make Inter Great Again. Finally, we were able to overcome our nemesis Real Madrid and beat then in 2 finals: The Champions League final and the World Club Cup final. (And we also won the European Supercup too afterwards...) This leaves us as the best club in the world at the time I write this. We also got the best player in the world in our team and he came directly from our own Academy! So I would say now is a good time to leave as there is nothing left to be achieved. FORZA INTER!

Thank you very much for following this -rather short- save! Hope to see you again soon :) 

Edited by Carambau

1 hour ago, Carambau said:

spacer.png

SEASON 2029/30

THE STATS

Serie A results #1 #2

Serie A Table

European results #1 #2 #3 #4

Player Stats

Youth Intake

Finances

Transfers In Out

SUMMARY

Mission accomplished. It took us 8 years to complete the task to Make Inter Great Again. Finally, we were able to overcome our nemesis Real Madrid and beat then in 2 finals: The Champions League final and the World Club Cup final. (And we also won the European Supercup too afterwards...) This leaves us as the best club in the world at the time I write this. We also got the best player in the world in our team and he came directly from our own Academy! So I would say now is a good time to leave as there is nothing left to be achieved. FORZA INTER!

Thank you very much for following this -rather short- save! Hope to see you again soon :) 

Thanks for the thread! Inter is my team irl, so I have really enjoyed following your story.

If you don't mind it, I'd love to get the save file and continue it on my own :)

13 minutes ago, KristianT said:

Thanks for the thread! Inter is my team irl, so I have really enjoyed following your story.

If you don't mind it, I'd love to get the save file and continue it on my own :)

Thank you :)

I sent you a PM concerning the save file!