Spanish newgens called Ivan

Yeah I noticed the same. Also, check the Argentinian newgens, most of them are named Tomás.

Extremely annoying and immersion breaking in my opinion.

Captura de Pantalla 2023-05-30 a la(s) 18.57.14.png

I have the in game editor so whenever I encounter one of these "in the wild" (as in, not actively searching for newgens) I change their first name to one from a random Argentine name generator (?) I found online. Still far from ideal.

Edited by Javier

Head cannon needs to be that there is some famous Activist, or awful reality star that broke out around 16 years prior hence the surge in the popularity of a particular name. 

How does the naming work? I imagine it's totally random for each generated person so that always means that there is a good chance of stuff like this happening as the odds of that name being picked don't actually change. I guess similar to why it feels like a playlist always gravitates towards one song even when you shuffle it each time you start a session. It seems a bias, but it's not. (At least that's how it was explained to me. I am really rubbish with maths and probability.) 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

As mentioned, we're looking into it. Thanks for raising - will close the thread now.

• Lucas locked this topic