How would you set up for an away game ?

Coming here for some help as I’m losing my mind with away games.

im currently playing as Arsenal I have a very strong team. I’ve been playing a pretty bog standard gegenpress.

at home I do fantastic, I blow teams away, I have no issues and could go the full season winning every home game convincingly. My problem is the moment we go away it falls apart.

what would you guys do for away games as I’m really struggling. I’ve tried dropping my line. I’ve tried changing roles so my team is less aggressive. I already play with 2 CDMs. So what would you do ? As it seems changing the whole style would be stupid.

What changes would you make to the 4231 gegenpress preset for an away game as I’m not sure what to change for them.  

7 hours ago, BrowniieBear said:

Coming here for some help as I’m losing my mind with away games.

im currently playing as Arsenal I have a very strong team. I’ve been playing a pretty bog standard gegenpress.

at home I do fantastic, I blow teams away, I have no issues and could go the full season winning every home game convincingly. My problem is the moment we go away it falls apart.

what would you guys do for away games as I’m really struggling. I’ve tried dropping my line. I’ve tried changing roles so my team is less aggressive. I already play with 2 CDMs. So what would you do ? As it seems changing the whole style would be stupid.

What changes would you make to the 4231 gegenpress preset for an away game as I’m not sure what to change for them.  

Post a screenshot of your tactic :thup: 

14 hours ago, BrowniieBear said:

I’ve tried dropping my line. I’ve tried changing roles so my team is less aggressive. I already play with 2 CDMs.

Why did you make those changes? To give you any advice it’s important to understand what you think why your team is doing bad in away games. There is no general rule of thumb for possible changes.