Interesting in game developments

Just wondering what interesting things you have noticed happen in. Long term saves.

For example for me I was interviewing for a Newcastle job 9 seasons in and noticed that the chairman had cut back investment twice. Chelsea had new owners that had a lot less money. Real Madrid struggling to get champions league football. Lack of German wonderkids. When signing an Italian from sassuola it mentioned that it was due to large investment in Italian football facilities baring fruit producing excellent players.

Having seen such things leads me to wonder if you can try to force certain things to happen. More at your own club. For example I noticed atletico madrid expanded their already newish stadium to around 80000 capacity and always had money to invest in their team, yet my team winning the league 8 out of 9 seasons in Spain didn't. I moved on as they wouldn't expand or build a new stadium despite money in the bank. My facilities could never go to state of the art as I could not ask to improve it that high. Now this must be to do with the ambition of the chairman. Atletico clearly have ambition and mine is/was happy to just keep things tighter. I never used to criticise the board as I wanted to keep them happy.

I wonder if I criticised them more for lack of ambition to the papers whether I might have ended up with a takeover?