My head of Youth Development not finding or makes any signings for my B-TEAM or U18

Although like you, I'd rather have my HOY make offers, or even my chief scout, my experience has been that it's usually only my DOF that actively makes offers for players out of the blue.  It makes some sense because the DOF is the only one who you can ask to suggest transfer targets, makes offers to players you manually add to the transfer target list, and handles the development and unwanted lists.  So the way the game is designed, it seems like the DOF is the only one who is really able to  find and sign players, despite the option to delegate the responsibility to others

Not sure if that makes much sense or if that's the way it is in real life, but that's the way it seems to work in the game.  I do think there are exceptions, as I'm pretty sure I've seen my HOY make a (very bad) offer when I delegated it to him, but in my experience it's very rare for the HOY or CS to actively find players and make offers, only the DOF does it.  I'm guessing it's due to the fact that he has a hidden pool of players in his knowledge, which is what enables him to suggest transfer targets out of nowhere (for example, he'll sometimes suggest or make an offer to players way out of my scouting range that there's no way we could have known about (eg, I'm managing in Brazil and sometimes he'll suggest a Brazilian player from a Saudi Arabian club)). 

Even though my DOF is only 14/14 judging CA/PA (compared to 19/20 for HOY), he's made some excellent suggestions and offers for players who have become key members of the squad. Accordingly, I delegate to him the responsibly to find and make offers for players on my first team, reserves, and youth team.  Some are excellent finds, though usually for one reason or another I'll cancel the offer he's made.  In fact, sometimes I'll add a player as a transfer target, then put it on hold.  Then out of the blue he'll make an offer for that player, despite the hold.