Reselling players with on loan with option to buy

nms1987

So, a situation I am in right now is I have a player I picked up on loan, with an option to buy for 1 million.   He has done really well for me at just 18, and I believe his value is worth more than a million now.  The problem is that he has no interest in signing a contract with my club if I buy that option.

I'm pretty sure in real life I have seen situations of a team picking up the option of a loanee that explodes and then instantly reselling them.

For example, Madrid loans a guy to Mallorca with an option to buy for 1 million.  Guy does great, value is now over 1 million, Mallorca picks up the option and pays Madrid 1 million, but instead of agreeing to a contract with the guy, they almost instantly sell the guy's rights to Monaco for 3 million (and thus profit 2 million).

I don't believe there is any way of doing this in FM.   You have to agree to a contract immediately after paying the fee which means that 1. If he doesn't want to sign with you then you are not able to buy the option, so then he can revert to his original team who can profit from the sale 2. Even if he does want to, since you have to sign a deal with him, he probably won't want to transfer for at least another year

• 2 months later...