[Discussion] When starting game there's option to use added staff/players - there should be more variation

rristola

I haven't started so many games that I would have a lot of experience, but this is how I see this issue.          For your notice: I use Mods, so those might have an effect on my experience.

Once when I was starting a new game, I knew that the league mod that I was using, was not complete. There wouldn't be enough real staff members or players created into the database. Well, I knew there is option to add both staff and players in the beginning. Everything OK? NO.

What I noticed was, that there were a lot of players in teams, and even lower leagues' teams had staff members like analysts in them. IMO this isn't realistic.

At least in lower leagues players have year-to-year contracts, and there might be almost zero players in team when season starts. If a player wants his expences paid, and team has no money, then... goodbye.

The same goes with staff - with the manager there can be an assistant/coach, but no scouts are needed, because all players are more or less local.

Could these "adding staff/players" options be changed so, that the result would be more REALISTIC and that we can have more variation in game. Things to be considered:

- tier of the team

- budget

- situation, that every team is currently in - game ALWAYS has variation on these, some teams have money and everything is OK, but some teams are in crisis

- example - it would cause that when team is in crisis, there would be less staff members and players left

So, as you all can see, it wouldn't differ that much from the vanilla game, but the same variation process would include also those "fake" or created staff members and players. There should also be enough "fake" staff/players created into the unemployed ones.

Of course, this would mean that there has to be calculations (when creating the database for the game), so that in every country there are enough staff members and players, and that their knowledge and skills levels aso. have "natural" variation - just like in vanilla game.

Now there can be situations where far too skillful staff member takes a job with no salary in lower leagues. This could be avoided with this change, too. Most of the added or "fake" staff members and players would be less skillful or weaker players.

I think, that if this change would be completed successfully, we could get rid off those "greyed out" players. I hate them.

Also, one calculation method could fit for every country... There could also be some special country based options for these calculations. With this calculation method lower leagues in every country would be meaningful to be played. Only Added league mod needed with this.

Could this work?

Is there a real need for this? Only me?

Edited by rristola

It seems that there are not that much FM players interested in this - or at least to comment on this.

Because I would like to see some comments, I have to share some of my thoughts.

- These "greyed out" players are rubbish - if FM needs them in some league level, then that level is ALREADY UNPLAYABLE. Although, maybe that league level isn't "created" for playing - it could work as "player storage", but...

- When there are some to many "greyed out" players in any level, then what about all those unemployed, amateur, contract expired, injured, youth, unattached players - most of them also "greyed out"??? Or, that there are almost no players there???

My idea is that FM (game itself) should know how many league levels it can have in any country - what comes to the amount of players.           And there has to be quite a lot of players in "storage" (unemployed,...).

If a (human) player wants to start more levels, then he (or she) should understand that also "created or fake" players will be used.

FM (game) already knows how to create these added players, because it has done these "greyed out" players.          Main thing is that there is "natural variation" in players - there are more weaker and less skillful than better players, of course.

What could be done better? There can be differences between countries (or peoples). In these "created player pools" it shoud show.

- If every kid learning to play football is taught to play TACTICAL football, then even those 15 years olds should have better tactical skills.

- If in that country kids run a lot in their everyday life, then endurance and most likely agility should be good.

These could be organized as PLUS or MINUS factors (attributes!), and when creating players these are used.

The same way with staff. There should be enough staff members so, that an average coach wouldn't have to take a job in an amateur team - no money, no quality!

With this improvement also this insanity could be made to go away - it is nice, very nice that you can start as "no badge at all" manager, but you shouldn't be able to get a job from second or third tier teams. Their place are in lower leagues teams...

I think that if this "Player and Staff Creator" is designed well, it would have to be done ONLY ONCE - after that it would need only tweaking in those plus and minus factors.

--  --  --

Are there anyone interested in better lower leagues? For any country...

Do you think those "greyed out" players should vanish?

We can get these issues better noticed by the DEVS, If you leave your comment or vote for this.

If any of you, DEVS, read this, write a comment and tell me if there could be any chance to get this done. This would work as long until the player/staff database would be big enough.

Edited by rristola

• 3 months later...