Why does FM not have a map in the game?

10 hours ago, kingjericho said:

In past years there was some sort of licensing issue blocking maps from the game. But now there are maps in the scouting tabs so I don't know. 

With how easy it is to build a map based on free data publicly available it really doesn't make sense how a company like SI can't either contract someone to build them one or just license the use of one for the game. 

It would really add so much to game.

2 hours ago, Renskay said:

With how easy it is to build a map based on free data publicly available it really doesn't make sense how a company like SI can't either contract someone to build them one or just license the use of one for the game. 

It would really add so much to game.

There is a somewhat interactive map in the game, but it only involves the scouting knowledge.

xK94aCD.png

23 hours ago, XaW said:

There is a somewhat interactive map in the game, but it only involves the scouting knowledge.

xK94aCD.png

An animated map like this one is actually really easy to make but it adds a lot in itself to the scouting. They could use this same SVG map but for nations in the game and display dots on screen for the locations of teams in your division with filters to show other nations and divisions too.

It really isn't that hard but people make so many excuses for this company making the most minor of changes that it's unbelievable.

1 hour ago, Renskay said:

An animated map like this one is actually really easy to make but it adds a lot in itself to the scouting. They could use this same SVG map but for nations in the game and display dots on screen for the locations of teams in your division with filters to show other nations and divisions too.

It really isn't that hard but people make so many excuses for this company making the most minor of changes that it's unbelievable.

I don't really get what you seem so annoyed by, don't see anyone in here who has argued against your proposition. The last sentence there is completely out of touch with anything said here.

Anyway, the suggestion is now in the right place and SI will handle it in due time.

14 minutes ago, XaW said:

I don't really get what you seem so annoyed by, don't see anyone in here who has argued against your proposition. The last sentence there is completely out of touch with anything said here.

Anyway, the suggestion is now in the right place and SI will handle it in due time.

I posted it on another forum and a guy said that it was too difficult, complex, expensive, etc for SI to implement. 

9 minutes ago, Renskay said:

I posted it on another forum and a guy said that it was too difficult, complex, expensive, etc for SI to implement. 

Well, complain there if you'd like, no need to bring it over here. Don't see why this would be either, but I also say that this would be mostly fluff for a lot of players, as not everyone is passionate about maps. I am, personally, but not everyone else is...

• 5 weeks later...

Here’s something I wrote a few years ago regarding maps. I’ve been in the GIS/Cartography sector for 15 years.

it’s not that I don’t think SI could do it, but I believe it’s so far down the priority list that it’s not worth investing their development and testing time. And to embed an existing mapping API would be prohibitively expensive with regards to what it brings to the game. 

Further nested quotes inside.

• 3 weeks later...
On 14/06/2023 at 15:30, Harper said:

Here’s something I wrote a few years ago regarding maps. I’ve been in the GIS/Cartography sector for 15 years.

it’s not that I don’t think SI could do it, but I believe it’s so far down the priority list that it’s not worth investing their development and testing time. And to embed an existing mapping API would be prohibitively expensive with regards to what it brings to the game. 

Further nested quotes inside.

Update: the incorporation of the Unity Engine has huge possibilities for maps in the game.

Edited by Harper

I completely agree with this, having some interaction with a regional, national or global level map would be really cool.

Kind of an idea which I believe came from FIFA, but when selecting a club, showing the geographical location of their stadium via a map... even if it's far zoomed out would be neat. 

• 3 weeks later...

I really think location compared to your current club should have a huge impact. There shouldn't be a situation in my opinion where a player moves on the other side of a country for a non-contract. 

• 1 month later...
On 21/07/2023 at 10:12, janmagn said:

I really think location compared to your current club should have a huge impact. There shouldn't be a situation in my opinion where a player moves on the other side of a country for a non-contract. 

This has already been a factor in the game for years, but more so for free agents rather than players moving from one club to another.