Changing champions league qualifications spots?

Fire0Fart

Is it possible to edit number of teams from leagues qualifying to champions league? For example in real life top 4 leagues get 4 direct spots, but I would like to change that to for example 3 and give one more spot to leagues from 5-8?

If you recreate all European competitions from scratch, yes. Although there's no guarantee coefficients will work correctly if you do that. You can set them up and nations can get more/less places, but you're not able to actually see the coefficient numbers so it's hard to tell if it's working as intended or not.

As an edit to the existing competitions? Not possible.

20 hours ago, rusty217 said:

If you recreate all European competitions from scratch, yes. Although there's no guarantee coefficients will work correctly if you do that. You can set them up and nations can get more/less places, but you're not able to actually see the coefficient numbers so it's hard to tell if it's working as intended or not.

Couldn't you just swap the numbers for, say, England and France's last 5 years of coefficients?

2 hours ago, themodelcitizen said:

Couldn't you just swap the numbers for, say, England and France's last 5 years of coefficients?

You could do that. But the top 4 leagues are still going to have 4 places and 5-8 aren't going to have any more. It would just be different countries (temporarily) in those places.

On 15/05/2023 at 12:20, rusty217 said:

Too bad, thanks for the answer. I have two more questions if you don't mind. I was thinking about changing all leagues in Europe and it's continental competitiona to world. Not editing competitions but swapping team from leagues, for example English league would be great Britain league, Slovakia Oceanian league, Poland Caribbean league etc. So can I remove some not needed league so let's say there would be 30-40 leagues in Europe and would it still work? Oceanian teams improving Slovakian league coefficient?

13 hours ago, Fire0Fart said:

Too bad, thanks for the answer. I have two more questions if you don't mind. I was thinking about changing all leagues in Europe and it's continental competitiona to world. Not editing competitions but swapping team from leagues, for example English league would be great Britain league, Slovakia Oceanian league, Poland Caribbean league etc. So can I remove some not needed league so let's say there would be 30-40 leagues in Europe and would it still work? Oceanian teams improving Slovakian league coefficient?

I think that would work, yes. It might still pull some teams from countries you've removed leagues/teams from though, so expect to get some amateur teams or something in the early rounds of European qualifying.

If you want those teams to compete in Europe you need to set their Nation and Continental Cup Nation to the country their league is based in but their Based Nation should stay as their original nation. eg. for your Slovakia Oceania League, their Nation and Continental Cup Nation should be Slovakia, but Based Nation should be Fiji, Samoa etc.

8 hours ago, rusty217 said:

I think that would work, yes. It might still pull some teams from countries you've removed leagues/teams from though, so expect to get some amateur teams or something in the early rounds of European qualifying.

If you want those teams to compete in Europe you need to set their Nation and Continental Cup Nation to the country their league is based in but their Based Nation should stay as their original nation. eg. for your Slovakia Oceania League, their Nation and Continental Cup Nation should be Slovakia, but Based Nation should be Fiji, Samoa etc.

Got it, thanks. One last question lol. Can a nation have more then one FA cup that qualifies the winner for continental competition? Like in Yugoslavia league I would like to give each nation its own cup (one for Croatia, one for Serbia etc). If not could something about it be made like with Liechtenstein cup for teams that play in Switzerland?

21 hours ago, Fire0Fart said:

Got it, thanks. One last question lol. Can a nation have more then one FA cup that qualifies the winner for continental competition? Like in Yugoslavia league I would like to give each nation its own cup (one for Croatia, one for Serbia etc). If not could something about it be made like with Liechtenstein cup for teams that play in Switzerland?

Yes, England already has that with the EFL Cup. I don't think it's an automatic thing though, so you'd need to set it up correctly (might be a challenge). You also wouldn't be able to get extra places from it, just use it as an alternative to the regular league places.

On 18/05/2023 at 13:05, rusty217 said:

Yes, England already has that with the EFL Cup. I don't think it's an automatic thing though, so you'd need to set it up correctly (might be a challenge). You also wouldn't be able to get extra places from it, just use it as an alternative to the regular league places.

Sorry to bother you but some questions are just coming up lol. I wouldn't want for weaker leagues to be too much behind so I was thinking about changing reputation and tv-reward money for them. Does this stuff changes with years or are they fixed when edited?

11 hours ago, Fire0Fart said:

Sorry to bother you but some questions are just coming up lol. I wouldn't want for weaker leagues to be too much behind so I was thinking about changing reputation and tv-reward money for them. Does this stuff changes with years or are they fixed when edited?

Reputation changes as countries earn/lose European coefficient points. TV and prize money increase/decrease in-line with reputation.

Increasing TV/prize money for them would be better. That would make it easier to do better in Europe and therefore increase their reputation, and due to that further increase their TV/prize money. IIRC money changes by approximately 1.8% per reputation point for leagues above 150 rep. It changes by a significantly! higher % at lower reputation, so also be careful about just how much you increase it. I once increased Ethiopia's prize money to about 2-3m for 1st and a slight decrease for each position below that, doesn't sound too much. But then they did better in African competitions, their rep shot up and starting at about 30 rep the money increase % was massive. They ended up being the wealthiest league in the world with more prize money than England/Germany. So yeah, for very low rep leagues you have to be pretty careful with just how much you change things to account for potentially large dynamic changes.

14 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Reputation changes as countries earn/lose European coefficient points. TV and prize money increase/decrease in-line with reputation.

Increasing TV/prize money for them would be better. That would make it easier to do better in Europe and therefore increase their reputation, and due to that further increase their TV/prize money. IIRC money changes by approximately 1.8% per reputation point for leagues above 150 rep. It changes by a significantly! higher % at lower reputation, so also be careful about just how much you increase it. I once increased Ethiopia's prize money to about 2-3m for 1st and a slight decrease for each position below that, doesn't sound too much. But then they did better in African competitions, their rep shot up and starting at about 30 rep the money increase % was massive. They ended up being the wealthiest league in the world with more prize money than England/Germany. So yeah, for very low rep leagues you have to be pretty careful with just how much you change things to account for potentially large dynamic changes.

Wow. Now that will take some serious calculations lol. Well, thanks a lot that's pretty much it.

7 hours ago, Fire0Fart said:

Wow. Now that will take some serious calculations lol. Well, thanks a lot that's pretty much it.

Yep. Best to change it a bit, sim 20-30 years and check what the new rep/money is. Then keep adjusting/simming until it's at the level you'd like.