How many recruitment focuses can a scout handle?

I want to understand if giving a scout two recruitment focuses will affect the quality of the scouting. For example, I have a scout with two focuses, #1 Continent: Europe, #2 UEFA Youth League. My assumption is that he scouts all over Europe when possible and then scouts the UEFA Youth League when there are matches, so the two assignments shouldn't impact each other. Is that right?

Also, if I do want my scout to have two assignments, is it better to have one recruitment focus with two areas/competitions or two recruitment focuses, each with one areas/competitions?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I think it depends. If you have one that is ongoing then I think the limit is 1. If you have them on standard you can restart it and they will cycle through their focus list. You're probably better off scouting Europe with an age restriction of 15-18/21. Or for better results probably scout an individual nation if you have the # scouts to pull if off.

What I really want to understand is how the scouts prioritise multiple assignment in the same recruitment focus (two two focuses with one assignment each). Using the example I gave before, a scout with one focuses and two assignments in that focus, #1 Continent: Europe, #2 UEFA Youth League. How will the scout prioritise which to do. My hope is that the scout will scout a UEFA Youth League match when there is one and when there is none, they will scout Continent: Europe. is that correct? Thanks

4 hours ago, frank_olaf said:

What I really want to understand is how the scouts prioritise multiple assignment in the same recruitment focus (two two focuses with one assignment each). Using the example I gave before, a scout with one focuses and two assignments in that focus, #1 Continent: Europe, #2 UEFA Youth League. How will the scout prioritise which to do. My hope is that the scout will scout a UEFA Youth League match when there is one and when there is none, they will scout Continent: Europe. is that correct? Thanks

I don't know this 100% but my guess is setting UEFA YL to top priority and continent to either ongoing or standard. You'll have to restart the UEFA YL every time but it will prioritize it. I don't think that's the most efficient way to do it since your scout will likely be travelling a bunch around Europe rather than scouting. I think you get better/quicker scouting results being a little more focused in a smaller geographic area. But obviously you need to balance your scouting needs based on the number of scouts you have.

tangential question for SI. For the bigger teams like Man Utd for example the game starts off with more scouts than allowed. You don't have to get rid of anyone but you can't replace as they retire. Is this a limitation of the game that you can only have so many scouts for balance or just the wrong integer put in?

Edited by wazzaflow10