Another unrealistic game result

Show me a real life game, where any te am could get back from 6-0 against Barcelona. There would be clear suspicion for bribery :). It's so unrealistic, that it's worth a save scum.

image.png

Edited by zsolt86

The game is broken in so many ways, first off there are far too many shots and generally they go over the bar or if you are playing a team on low mentality there will be dozens of shots smashed straight at defenders and blocked. Now as goalkeepers are also broken the amount of shots on target that result in goals is also too much and as morale is the single most important thing you get games like this where virtually every shot on target goes in and there is nothing you can do about it. Add to the the home bias is ridiculous then this sort of nonsense can happen often in FM. 

Less than 50% of the shots on target were goals and that is somehow virtually every shot? 

It's clearly way out there in terms of possibility and obviously been some spectacular failures along the way for a team leading by 6 to throw it away. But if you're really going to make the appeal of "show me where this would happen against Barcelona" consider under what circumstances would you ever be allowed to manage a team against Barcelona in the first place? 

1 hour ago, santy001 said:

Less than 50% of the shots on target were goals and that is somehow virtually every shot? 

Barcelona literally scored 60% of their shots on target..     

1 hour ago, santy001 said:

consider under what circumstances would you ever be allowed to manage a team against Barcelona in the first place? 

Mate it’s a game what do you think that players should have to have a UEFA A badge to purchase FM. I know people defend the game at all costs but this is the best yet. 

I mean you almost grasped the point there. Came so close... it was fully written out, it seem like you had comprehended it... and then you went down a weird tangent about it being to defend the game. For the sake of clarity, it was literally to point out, it's a game. From time to time there are going to be oddities, if you challenge every oddity in a game with "show me where it happens in real life" then there are plenty of those "gotcha" moments about FM. The first and foremost being the manager of any team in the game.

Based on the nature of the thread, I would assume the OP is Barcelona, and unhappy with the comeback. So should we be lamenting the fact Barcelona did score 6 in this game in the first place? While I was referring to 27 shots on target resulting in 12 goals for less than 50%, if your employer only drops in 60% of your wages into your bank come pay day would you be as likely to dismiss it as "virtually every penny paid"? I doubt it.

7 hours ago, santy001 said:

I mean you almost grasped the point there. Came so close... it was fully written out, it seem like you had comprehended it... and then you went down a weird tangent about it being to defend the game. For the sake of clarity, it was literally to point out, it's a game. From time to time there are going to be oddities, if you challenge every oddity in a game with "show me where it happens in real life" then there are plenty of those "gotcha" moments about FM. The first and foremost being the manager of any team in the game.

Based on the nature of the thread, I would assume the OP is Barcelona, and unhappy with the comeback. So should we be lamenting the fact Barcelona did score 6 in this game in the first place? While I was referring to 27 shots on target resulting in 12 goals for less than 50%, if your employer only drops in 60% of your wages into your bank come pay day would you be as likely to dismiss it as "virtually every penny paid"? I doubt it.

I don't thinks there is any point to look at shoots on target or any other similar statistics. I dominated the first 40min of the game with over 60% possession, until their first goal they had 4 shots , 1 on target. All my players had ratings over 7, some of them over 8, while all the opponent's players under 6.5, a couple of them under 6. My player were not complacent.  Even if I gave the worst possible team talk and they made the right tactical changes, it won't explain such a turn on the game's picture. I understand your point, this is a game, but when something like this happens I feel fully cheated, it's like in the halftime the game engine decides to steal the victory from me (especially the Real Madrid also made a draw on the same day, it feels linked - but I know that's just in my mind :))  Probably the word "unrealistic" is not the best  way to express my concern, but I would  just say this is not right. Something like this shouldn't happen, either in this game nor in real life. I shouldn't be bothered by such oddities I know, but there are a lot of aspects of this game, which make it really hard time to time and they are explained as part of this REAL LIFE simulation.

And let's say this Vallecano team might have the capability to achieve what they just did, they have the right mentality, the quality and a brilliant manager. Possible ... but then my next question is .... why they have this poor record? :)

image.png.c0d9d9384dc4a2ef2a2541c819e3b2da.png

It’s obviously absurd and impossible. If it happens again you should flag to SI but if it’s a one off then I think it should be ignored. I’ve never seen it happen in 20 years playing FM. The weirdest I saw was Sonny scoring 10 goals in a game when we played WBA. funnily enough I didn’t complain about that!

no one says the game is perfect and I’m someone who says it’s too far from perfect than it really should be (ME, graphics, AI squad building, illogical matches, ridiculous defending etc etc etc).

Either pretend it happened and is one of the craziest games in history or save scum and if Vallec show any hint of coming back go Catanaccio.

get your frustration though.

The first thing I always ask is what changes were made to adjust things between goals 1 and 6 being conceded. Because the common thread I see whenever a thread like this eventually breaks down is risky play coupled with bad game management. You might get unlucky with 1 or 2 goals, but 6, that's on the manager 

The OP is right in one sense that they shouldn't blow a 6-0 lead. But they did, which speaks to the game getting entirely away from them. Where did opposition attack? How did they attack? There's talk of what the opposition might have done but nothing on what the OP did. 

Have to admit when I saw this result, absurd and impossible were my immediate impressions. I can't think of a real life game where a team was 6-0 up and then drew 6-6 especially with a superior team in play. (if I'm wrong, I would love to know an example! Possibly back in the day? But I'm not sure it would have done in the modern day)

Unless the player placed a striker in goal and changed to a whacky formation that can be exploited right left and centre, then this shouldn't happen. But, it doesn't surprise me in a sense you'll get an oddity, because I know some of the unrealistic formations in this year's game that are very capable of exploiting the engine. It is a game at the end of the day which will sadly always have its flaws.

It definitely depends on how OP managed the game (tactically and Shouts). The game can easily get away from you if you make the wrong decisions and don't rectify them.

Did he sub off the team's leaders at half time? Did he let the players display Complacent/Uninterested body language? Or choose the wrong shouts when the opposition scored? (e.g. Encourage or Praise) Did he change formation/roles/duties/instructions that allowed Vallecano to get in behind the defence more?

On 07/05/2023 at 01:46, zsolt86 said:

Show me a real life game, where any te am could get back from 6-0 against Barcelona. There would be clear suspicion for bribery :). It's so unrealistic, that it's worth a save scum.

image.png

Did you get sacked after this result?

On 06/05/2023 at 16:46, zsolt86 said:

Show me a game in real life managed by someone with your managerial skills....  Clearly you gave the wrong team talk at halftime and I would guess did something like play very attacking in the second half with complacent, uninterested, exhausted, frustrated, and angry players, thinking it would be a cakewalk to a 10-0 win, just because you are managing Barcelona and had a good first half.  I have no idea what managerial decisions you made, but a screenshot showing match stats tells us absolutely nothing. 

Obviously the result you posted would be inconceivably unrealistic in real life, that's indisputable.  But I'm quite certain that no real life no manager would have managed the second half like you did, whatever that was.

Go to Rashidi (Bust the Net)'s Patreon page so you can upload your save and have him do a "Gamechanger" video ($10 tier) for you.  Send me a PM and I'll pay for it.  You clearly need some direct help specifically tailored to how you want to play.

Rather than always blaming the game, sometimes you have to look in the mirror to find the problem.

---------

For example, I see in your previous posts comments like,

"At the beginning I really tried to spend time and learn all the details, but I realized it's pointless."

or "I'm a horrible player (you can attack me dear experts), often I have to save scum to get out of a losing streak, because I don't have patience and time to spend hours to figure out some hidden reason, why my midfielders turn into zombies."

or "No matter how bad my tactics are, but by having  £40-50m  attacking midfielders/strikers, they should finish 1 or 2 strikes just by individual value/talent, regardless my tactics."

or " I do accept that my tactics may not work, and I'm not a very good player, but in my opinion the stats of that game are completely out of real life's context." 

or "And yeah let's say my tactics are **** (which btw works against any other team), but still ... in real life hard to imagine Real Madrid to make such a dominance, especially against a team with similar value.  I watched the full game, my players just simply unable to play football against them....They got a penalty in the first minute  , show me a real life CL game where a penalty was given in the first minute. All because we are talking about Real Madrid. I think in the future I will just go on holiday when playing against them, waste of time, the result is known anyway." 

or "It's also very exciting to play european cup/league games against premier league teams. Just had a super cup final against Manchester Utd ,where they turned the score from 3-0 . There are definitely predictable segments of the game which favour these teams. Not feeling any point to play european cup finals, when the winner already decided before the game."

or "Rigged"

or "I think this is just part of the game, all we can do is to accept it stop playing this ****. It looks like once you overperform and you put yourself in a position unexpected by the game engine, it will make the adjustments in the end of the season."

or "Now what Sports Interactive did with this game is , that they are trying to create a football manager simulation, as close to reality as possible. And that includes all the injury issues, the million hidden attributes,  the precise tactics required and so many other things. This is not a game anymore. ...... just because you don't have 100% perfect tactics. Seeing it as a game we don't want to accept this mediocrity, but the game engine will still push you into it. " 

or " The problem is, that people like you and me, we look at it as a GAME. Let's have a look, why people play video games; it opens up an imaginary world, where you can become anyone you wish. It gives you a platform where you can forget all the issues of the real life and have a peaceful relaxing time, without being bothered by anything or anyone."

etc., etc.

-------------------------------

In one of those previous threads, someone was nice enough to post a link that might have helped you out.  Not sure if you watched it, but I'd recommend you take a look.  And I'm completely serious, I'll pay for him to do a "Gamechanger" video for you, to show you exactly what you are doing wrong and how to manage better. 

I know it sounds like I'm just slamming you and being an a-hole, but the truth is you clearly have some very bad misconceptions about the game.  If you want to enjoy FM, you need an expert to take a look at your specific save to see what you are doing wrong and show you how to fix it.  On the other hand, if you really are just looking for a "peaceful relaxing time, without being bothered by anything," then FM is definitely not the right game for you.

56 minutes ago, b28937 said:

Show me a game in real life managed by someone with your managerial skills....  Clearly you gave the wrong team talk at halftime and I would guess did something like play very attacking in the second half with complacent, uninterested, exhausted, frustrated, and angry players, thinking it would be a cakewalk to a 10-0 win, just because you are managing Barcelona and had a good first half.  I have no idea what managerial decisions you made, but a screenshot showing match stats tells us absolutely nothing. 

Obviously the result you posted would be inconceivably unrealistic in real life, that's indisputable.  But I'm quite certain that no real life no manager would have managed the second half like you did, whatever that was.

Go to Rashidi (Bust the Net)'s Patreon page so you can upload your save and have him do a "Gamechanger" video ($10 tier) for you.  Send me a PM and I'll pay for it.  You clearly need some direct help specifically tailored to how you want to play.

Rather than always blaming the game, sometimes you have to look in the mirror to find the problem.

---------

For example, I see in your previous posts comments like,

"At the beginning I really tried to spend time and learn all the details, but I realized it's pointless."

or "I'm a horrible player (you can attack me dear experts), often I have to save scum to get out of a losing streak, because I don't have patience and time to spend hours to figure out some hidden reason, why my midfielders turn into zombies."

or "No matter how bad my tactics are, but by having  £40-50m  attacking midfielders/strikers, they should finish 1 or 2 strikes just by individual value/talent, regardless my tactics."

or " I do accept that my tactics may not work, and I'm not a very good player, but in my opinion the stats of that game are completely out of real life's context." 

or "And yeah let's say my tactics are **** (which btw works against any other team), but still ... in real life hard to imagine Real Madrid to make such a dominance, especially against a team with similar value.  I watched the full game, my players just simply unable to play football against them....They got a penalty in the first minute  , show me a real life CL game where a penalty was given in the first minute. All because we are talking about Real Madrid. I think in the future I will just go on holiday when playing against them, waste of time, the result is known anyway." 

or "It's also very exciting to play european cup/league games against premier league teams. Just had a super cup final against Manchester Utd ,where they turned the score from 3-0 . There are definitely predictable segments of the game which favour these teams. Not feeling any point to play european cup finals, when the winner already decided before the game."

or "Rigged"

or "I think this is just part of the game, all we can do is to accept it stop playing this ****. It looks like once you overperform and you put yourself in a position unexpected by the game engine, it will make the adjustments in the end of the season."

or "Now what Sports Interactive did with this game is , that they are trying to create a football manager simulation, as close to reality as possible. And that includes all the injury issues, the million hidden attributes,  the precise tactics required and so many other things. This is not a game anymore. ...... just because you don't have 100% perfect tactics. Seeing it as a game we don't want to accept this mediocrity, but the game engine will still push you into it. " 

or " The problem is, that people like you and me, we look at it as a GAME. Let's have a look, why people play video games; it opens up an imaginary world, where you can become anyone you wish. It gives you a platform where you can forget all the issues of the real life and have a peaceful relaxing time, without being bothered by anything or anyone."

etc., etc.

-------------------------------

In one of those previous threads, someone was nice enough to post a link that might have helped you out.  Not sure if you watched it, but I'd recommend you take a look.  And I'm completely serious, I'll pay for him to do a "Gamechanger" video for you, to show you exactly what you are doing wrong and how to manage better. 

I know it sounds like I'm just slamming you and being an a-hole, but the truth is you clearly have some very bad misconceptions about the game.  If you want to enjoy FM, you need an expert to take a look at your specific save to see what you are doing wrong and show you how to fix it.  On the other hand, if you really are just looking for a "peaceful relaxing time, without being bothered by anything," then FM is definitely not the right game for you.

:) Thank you for your intention to help, it's much appreciated. Now as you quoted me from a previous post, I'm not a very good a player, but I can still spot players marked as orange with the text Complacent added to them. Not sure if you read my post fully, I mentioned that my players were not complacent, nervous or showing any other worrying mental state. My team talk simply was saying to not get complacent, to which all the players reacted well. I didn't make significant tactical changes, just changes mentality to Balanced to not make my players waste too much energy.  Also  I did not say that there was any problem with my save; that was the 14 game of the season, until then I had 2 losses, 11 wins and this was my first draw. I was dominant in all my games (as I was here until half time). 

So yeah. I do get your point, btw I did watch some of that guys's videos (he has an interesting one about the "scripted" aspect of the game), as I also follow Zealand time to time. I do post things as a result of my frustration time to time, but this time I just wanted to see what others think and how can it be related to any real life scenario. And you're right, in real life no one would be football manager with my skills. That's absolutely true, but I'm afraid that neither you or anybody else would succeed with their super FM skills :) . We are talking about a piece of software, you choose your press conference answers from the same 5 options, you combine your player instructions from the same set of settings by choosing the one which is compatible with your players, and in my save just reached the year 2036 when Zidane is still managing RM :) .

I also mentioned above, that probably the use of the word "unrealistic" is not the right one in this context. When someone makes a complaint about the difficulty of the game, the agony of losing streaks or any other issue, the final answer is always that this is a simulation, and the goal is to place you in a position of a real life football manager by throwing random profitable and less profitable events on you. My final point is, that the game of the screenshot I shared above does not simulate anything, In real life you won't see Vallecano to equalize from 6-0 against Barcelona . If it was the other way around and Vallecano had 6 goals lead with the dominance I had, me ( or you, or anyone else, even the Rashidi guy ) wouldn't be able to put the team back in the right mindset.

You made a conclusion based on my previous posts, which is fair. But I think everybody has a right to highlight any concerns, and although many of my previous posts were driven by anger and frustration, in this instance I can calmly confirm: what happened in that game is not normal. The odds for a team, which had 4 shots (with one on target) and possesion less than 40% in the first 45 minutes to come back in the second half and score 5 goals without conceding any is very low. In this scenario is almost 0.

The reason why sometimes I don't  have that relaxing time while playing, is that I see FM as a game, a program. I recognize certain repeated patterns, and it makes me feel that I do not have any control over these patterns. I should just compromise and let it go.

Thanks again.