What traits do my player needs to be lethal

So basically I have a tactic where my IWB cut really deep inside and goes into the box to score goals, he is one of the top scorer of my team but there’s a problem, the ratio of goals-shoot is not good enough. He shoot up to 9 times per games and he should be way more lethal. Do you have any trait I should make him learn when he does this kind of run to score more ? I attached a compilation of the kind of attempt he does from my last two games. 

Note that the player has 13 of finishing, 13 of technique and 14 long shots. 

6 hours ago, Ara71 said:

So basically I have a tactic where my IWB cut really deep inside and goes into the box to score goals, he is one of the top scorer of my team but there’s a problem, the ratio of goals-shoot is not good enough. He shoot up to 9 times per games and he should be way more lethal. Do you have any trait I should make him learn when he does this kind of run to score more ? I attached a compilation of the kind of attempt he does from my last two games. 

I really love the goalscoring movement of your iwb, in fact he plays more like mohamed salah than mohamed salah as an IF on FM23. Please do share your tactical details on using him as your goalscorer.

I can’t get over the fact your striker seems to look almost offside in the first couple but never gets pulled up on it. My players are rubbish at that. Does he like to beat the offside trap? 

Edited by Englishhammer

8 hours ago, Ara71 said:

So basically I have a tactic where my IWB cut really deep inside and goes into the box to score goals, he is one of the top scorer of my team but there’s a problem, the ratio of goals-shoot is not good enough.

I'd be happy with having one of the fullbacks being one of the team's top scorers :thup:

8 hours ago, Ara71 said:

Seeing his other attributes will help but I guess that's Theo Hernandez? Attributes like Composure, Technique and Balance will be useful too  

I don't think a trait will help, it'll be more about the attributes. The above is fine but a top level to be hitting the target and beating the goalkeeper it'll be about better attributes

Can see he's left footed too, so you could try him on the right 

2 hours ago, Johnny Ace said:

I'd be happy with having one of the fullbacks being one of the team's top scorers :thup:

Seeing his other attributes will help but I guess that's Theo Hernandez? Attributes like Composure, Technique and Balance will be useful too  

I don't think a trait will help, it'll be more about the attributes. The above is fine but a top level to be hitting the target and beating the goalkeeper it'll be about better attributes

Can see he's left footed too, so you could try him on the right 

Im not in game, but isnt theo pretty much two footed, or at least reasonably strong on his right?

Im curious about the tactic though. Im wondering what role you could use to get those runs from him irl.  (aside from IWB)

1 minute ago, eXistenZ said:

Im not in game, but isnt theo pretty much two footed, or at least reasonably strong on his right?

Me either, I'm not sure tbh, just noticed he was using his left foot to shoot and he's a left wing back so guessed his left is his dominant foot 

6 hours ago, eXistenZ said:

post a screenshot of your player.

what is his composure and decisions?

depending on that, adding the trait "places shots", might not be bad

IMG_5184.jpeg.12b6d18eea1a8ea3bd568b32f51f25ff.jpeg

Some people told me to try the traits « like to round keeper » and also « lob », Idk which one is the best given I already give him personal training for his finishing

6 hours ago, Jyuan83 said:

I really love the goalscoring movement of your iwb, in fact he plays more like mohamed salah than mohamed salah as an IF on FM23. Please do share your tactical details on using him as your goalscorer.

Here’s my tactic. Please note that this probably won’t work that well on Fm23 im actually using this on Fm22 where the iwb go way more inside than on this year’s version. IMG_5185.thumb.jpeg.6d583e272e6e2804a408b77859cd578c.jpegIMG_5186.jpeg.a640942722909ebfc0da0f74337dcf20.jpegIMG_5187.jpeg.01a89de4e17e644fb3a098d1da09f5de.jpegIMG_5188.jpeg.ec1cad52da847a239fbee8e2bd0ca91e.jpeg

for player’s instruction put the two SS on shoot less and the two IWB on shoot more often. 

4 hours ago, Englishhammer said:

I can’t get over the fact your striker seems to look almost offside in the first couple but never gets pulled up on it. My players are rubbish at that. Does he like to beat the offside trap? 

Which player do you mean by striker ? My iwb ? 

20 minutes ago, Ara71 said:

Some people told me to try the traits « like to round keeper » and also « lob », Idk which one is the best given I already give him personal training for his finishing

Rounding the keeper could be an option, he's got the skill

Asking him to shoot more often, will lead to him taking more shots, 9  a game does seem a lot.. He's an outstanding player but you can see his Composure isn't amazing, just be glad he's one of the top scorers  

I dont know what gives me the most anxiety as a Milan fan, seeing Rebic op top or Castillejo still in your squad. Do appreciate the xmas tree form

But as pointed above, composure 12 is a bit low for toplevel football, he will never be a superb finisher. Rounding the keeper would be the best trait here, as he has the dribbling and acceleration to pull it off

can you post how his footedness is?

24 minutes ago, eXistenZ said:

I dont know what gives me the most anxiety as a Milan fan, seeing Rebic op top or Castillejo still in your squad. Do appreciate the xmas tree form

But as pointed above, composure 12 is a bit low for toplevel football, he will never be a superb finisher. Rounding the keeper would be the best trait here, as he has the dribbling and acceleration to pull it off

can you post how his footedness is?

He’s totally left footed. I’ll try the round keeper one. If he had the composure of a striker and all the good stats would you still advice this trait for the kind of run he makes ? 

37 minutes ago, Johnny Ace said:

Rounding the keeper could be an option, he's got the skill

Asking him to shoot more often, will lead to him taking more shots, 9  a game does seem a lot.. He's an outstanding player but you can see his Composure isn't amazing, just be glad he's one of the top scorers  

He got 4 goals and 1 assist for 5 games,  and one brace. Im trying to get the best possible out of what an iwb on attack is capable of basically 

I'd train him to learn 'Shoots with Power' and 'Tries first time shots' traits. He already hits free kicks with power so it seems appropriate :D. I think those traits should work well with the type of chances you're creating for him.

I agree with the suggestion of 'Shoots with Power', instinctively going for power over placement makes sense for a player lacking composure.

I would lean towards 'Likes to Round Keeper' in cases where a fast and agile player has poor finishing but good composure, that is not the case here.

I would also say that his composure is the issue.

I don’t know if it has an effect, but maybe the fact that he has to rush from the bottom of your team to score a goal leads to even less composure that his stats shows (like, you rush out to the opp’ box, you’re a bit tired, so you’re even less clear-minded)