Trying something completely different that I’ve never done. Any tips would be nice.

What I Want

I want a flat 532. So even though I love full backs normally, wing backs may be the way forward. 

Counter Attacking football is the aim, but stopping goals always takes priority over that. I was thinking a balanced mentality. 

If I went with a target man I was going to send passes to him. Make all good passers play more direct and bad passers short. And do the same with crossing/shooting too (Less/More).

What I Have

One very good striker capable of TF, CF and AF

His partner would most likely would be F9, DLF or AF.

Left WB/FB would be a waste not to have on attack.

I have the perfect midfield 3, one great attacker, one defence and one support. I was going to keep them all as general CM but open to suggestions. 

Edited by Englishhammer

1. Wingbacks -- Playing them in the back line makes them have to run more than usual, and I find they don't quite get forward as often as I would want. I see them being more effective out of the DM strata. The downside is that positional familiarity can sometimes be tougher to find in this spot, but I'm usually willing to take the hit in order to get them producing more offense.
  2. Midfielders -- I would rather use a triangle than a flat 3 option. The flat 3 is okay at providing support to the front line but doesn't do a great job of shielding the defense. I find the 2 DM + 1 AMC option works great. I like that the AMC provides a third attacking presence, better pressing, and an easier link-up to a DLF or TF. Another triangle option is 1 DM + 2 MC, and that also works well. The 1 DM can serve as a key link between defense and attack, while the 2 MCs can be mezzalas, floating into open spaces where appropriate. In general, I like how DMs work in FM23 much better than MCs, so I prefer the 3-4-1-2 option.
  3. Attackers -- I like the TF idea. If you're going to do it, I would want a fast strike partner with him and maybe even an on-rushing AMC. My favourite thing about TFs is that they you can find some really cheap ones in the game with incredible aerial attributes, which is nice if you're on a budget. You also get an extra set piece threat in case your central defenders aren't aerial beasts.