Can’t recreate iwb movement on attack

Basically im trying to do like this video on fm23 and it just wont work out 

it seems that the movement of the iwb on attack is impossible to recreate this year.
My iwb will stay wider and rarely go into the penalty area, can someone try it too and tell me if they can make it work here’s the tactic 

IMG_0088.png

IMG_0085.png

IMG_0086.png

IMG_0087.png

I'm not an experienced IWB kind of guy, but on Attacking with higher Tempo, the team will be getting the ball forward extremely quick, maybe you're not giving him the chance to keep up with play?

Very interesting tactic though :thup:

24 minutes ago, Ara71 said:

Basically im trying to do like this video on fm23 and it just wont work out 

it seems that the movement of the iwb on attack is impossible to recreate this year.
My iwb will stay wider and rarely go into the penalty area, can someone try it too and tell me if they can make it work here’s the tactic 

IMG_0088.png

IMG_0085.png

IMG_0086.png

IMG_0087.png

Play on Maximum Width to get the most out of the IWB. Leao is right footed, so he'll probably be coming a bit narrower with his play -- even as a winger. This will hamper the IWB inverting. 

Your standard defensive line means they're starting farther back as well, so they've got to run a long way to get into the box like you want. Bump that up to High/Much Higher and they'll start in positions to be much more aggressive. 

I agree with @Johnny Ace on Attacking/Very Direct. Personally I would tone it down to Positive for more build up play. 

Aside from that, I would move Giroud to a TF(s) with the underlapping runs coming off both sides of him from the SS and IWB. His starting position will be a bit lower which will benefit the IWB and help him play in the SS. You'll end up with a much more dynamic attack and opportunity for link up play than everyone out for themselves. 

Edited by Cloud9

All the screen shots except the first look like they have 2 DMs and IWB will function as normal wingbacks if there is a DM on their side.  If you are playing with the tactics from the second, third and fourth screen shots then that would be the reason the IWBs are not functioning