Help - Issue with CL registration

I've been playing out in smaller leagues for so long that I haven't been in the CL since the rules changed, so this is new to me - why can't I remove the injured players and put backups in their place? The buttons are grayed out whether I add Pellegri or not.

And why is there a separate registration window for each leg of the qualification playoff? Could I add them in the second one but not this one for some reason? I'm so confused.

Also what are "replacements" anyway? The new guy I just signed can be registered without counting as one, so I don't understand what it could mean. Would I even be able to replace the two injured guys and then put them back later if "replacements" are limited? (And why would they do this to you when these games take place during the transfer window and your squad is changing anyway? Baffling.)

image.thumb.png.4ef216deb08fd45835b1a6899ee11382.png

image.thumb.png.0c95524ee3aa3de4992708d5c18e4365.png

I quarrelled about this with SI staff last year on the 2022 bugs forum.  Basically, after one qualifying round is done, you should get the chance to reregister your whole squad, but the game let's you do it only once when you enter the competition and all subsequent registration dates are dysfunctional like the one on your SS.

Replacements are players that you can add 24 hours before the first leg of any qualifying round. The rules allow for two replacements, but the game allowed only 1 last year, don't know if that was fixed. But what obviously wasn't fixed was the PO round replacement registration date which is stil on a Thursday, instead of on a Monday.

Look at Article 45 of the 22/23 UCL regulations if you want the look at the official registration rules.

2 hours ago, sdx15 said:

I quarrelled about this with SI staff last year on the 2022 bugs forum.  Basically, after one qualifying round is done, you should get the chance to reregister your whole squad, but the game let's you do it only once when you enter the competition and all subsequent registration dates are dysfunctional like the one on your SS.

Replacements are players that you can add 24 hours before the first leg of any qualifying round. The rules allow for two replacements, but the game allowed only 1 last year, don't know if that was fixed. But what obviously wasn't fixed was the PO round replacement registration date which is stil on a Thursday, instead of on a Monday.

Look at Article 45 of the 22/23 UCL regulations if you want the look at the official registration rules.

Oh wow, okay, so it's more of a mess than I realized.

I'll skim through the link tomorrow (thank you for that), but in summary, I should be able to register whoever I want (ie replacements for the two injured guys) in the normal registration windows, with two emergency swaps allowed the day before the game..?

I have the in-game editor so I can use that to workaround the inaccuracies, I just want to make sure I'm not "cheating" by doing something that isn't actually allowed.

4 hours ago, Weston said:

in summary, I should be able to register whoever I want (ie replacements for the two injured guys) in the normal registration windows, with two emergency swaps allowed the day before the game..?

Exactly.

Yeah just read through - it's actually kind of crazy how far off the FM representation is and that it's not been corrected yet. I'll post in the bugs forum, I guess.