Training schedules dilemma!

Hello guys!

I am very confused about what is the best way to go about training schedules because I've read opposite opinions! I was with the idea to download a costume schedule made by some experienced player but then someone told me the opposite and I got confused. 

An experienced user said to me on reddit that if I have a good Assistant Manager I should give him the responsibility of programming the schedules.

He told me that the costume made schedules to plug and go are one size fits all and often give more problems than benefits. He also said the team should not repeat the same schedules over and over again every week.

The Ass Man works directly with the players and chooses a different schedule for every week to better fit the squad necessities.

For costume made schedules - the only person that actually tests and compares the results of his schedules is Max from EBFM - but this reddit user said to me that even if Max schedules are great to improve CA - are not so complete to create a good player all around that may be excellent for his role… So the Ass Man is still a better solution!

So do you guys support Ass Man or costume schedules and why?

I also would like to read opinions about U18 training schedules.

It's a fact that for players under 18 years old the training is more important than winning matches but if we give the responsibility of the schedules to the Ass Man he will not take this information in consideration and still focus on winning matches.

For example I would not do match previews or reviews on the U18 and use those slots for more attributes training. What do you guys think about that?

This is a hard one - from all the costume schedules I saw online, only Zealand makes U18 schedules without game previews and reviews. All the other users still do those training sessions. Why? Are those important for attribute development or just for winning matches?

I would like to read more opinions and have a healthy debate about all of this!

Thank you very much!

Assistant Managers are actually pretty good at setting up General Training schedules.  Not as good as some human managers can be but good enough to develop your players well.  Just remember to take control of Individual Training yourself - do not leave that up to your AM because your AM doesn't know exactly how you want your players to develop.

If you want to take control of General Training yourself, the best place to learn everything you need to know is from the YouTube channel Bustthenet.  That channel is run by one of the Moderators of this forum, @Rashidi.  He knows far more about training than any other youtuber or reddit poster you'll ever come across.

Alternatively you could check out this guide he wrote.  It's a little old now but still holds up. https://community.sigames.com/forums/topic/452839-the-unofficially-official-training-and-mentoring-guide/

Edited by herne79

Thank you for the answer! 

I dont want to do the schedules myself, I am on a dilemma beetwin let the Ass Man do it or download a plug and go from another player with more experience than me.

I see that Rashidi also have some costume schedules for download!!

So you dont think that using the same schedule over and over every week is an issue?

Also what you think about the particular question I ask about the U18 schedules?

5 hours ago, Aimless-Sailor said:

It's a fact that for players under 18 years old the training is more important than winning matches but if we give the responsibility of the schedules to the Ass Man he will not take this information in consideration and still focus on winning matches.

For example I would not do match previews or reviews on the U18 and use those slots for more attributes training. What do you guys think about that?

This is a hard one - from all the costume schedules I saw online, only Zealand makes U18 schedules without game previews and reviews. All the other users still do those training sessions. Why? Are those important for attribute development or just for winning matches?

1 hour ago, Aimless-Sailor said:

Also what you think about the particular question I ask about the U18 schedules?

The purpose of match previews and reviews is to give your players a bit of a boost during matches.  How players perform during matches also helps their development - poor performances may not help development as well as good performances do.  It's also possible to over train young (and older) players - they can become fatigued and may be more prone to injury if they have a constant cycle of matches and training without breaks.

It is possible not to have match previews/reviews as you put it, but you can run unnecessary risks if you do.

1 hour ago, Aimless-Sailor said:

I dont want to do the schedules myself, I am on a dilemma beetwin let the Ass Man do it or download a plug and go from another player with more experience than me.

As said above, the AM is perfectly capable of setting up a decent General Training schedule, just don't let him handle Individual Training - always do that part yourself.  In terms of downloading schedules, you need look no further than Rashidi's.

3 horas atrás, herne79 disse:

As said above, the AM is perfectly capable of setting up a decent General Training schedule, just don't let him handle Individual Training - always do that part yourself.  In terms of downloading schedules, you need look no further than Rashidi's.

I was looking at rashidi's schedules, do you know why he often puts match practice session the day before the match? That will not increase the risk of injuries a lot?

Also some matches he do match previews and other he dont. And no match reviews at all.

Thank you!

Edited by Aimless-Sailor

On 26/04/2023 at 03:09, Aimless-Sailor said:

Thank you for the answer! 

I see that Rashidi also have some costume schedules for download!!

So you dont think that using the same schedule over and over every week is an issue?

Generally, you can let the assistant manager handle trainings, but I will always recommend setting individual trainings yourself. Why?

1. You could be a lower league side and you specifically want physical attributes prioritised instead of other attributes. Success in hardcore LLM saves comes from those small margins you gain from being more specific. The assman on the other hand may take a more general approach.

2. You might be a youth only academy driven save. Now you want to see youth players getting into senior teams by 18. By balancing their game time with training time you can achieve growth. To get them ready for the senior team, you might only want them to have a few key attributes. You could choose poacher instead of complete forward for individual training of a young striker, in hopes that a focused approach will get him ready asap.

I could show you screenshots of a few 20 year olds in my save who were developed along that logic. To get them ready I took over individual training. To get the best growth out of your young cohort I advise you to take over individual training.

As long as a training schedule is balanced you are fine. When in doubt just train the player in the role you want then to play in.

Optimum gameplay = you manage all aspects of training and ensure you give them appropriate game time.

On 26/04/2023 at 08:33, Aimless-Sailor said:

I was looking at rashidi's schedules, do you know why he often puts match practice session the day before the match? That will not increase the risk of injuries a lot?

Also some matches he do match previews and other he dont. And no match reviews at all.

Thank you!

Match review helps with tactical familiarity, not really necessary when you side knows the system and they start going on streaks. Halfway through seasons I rarely bother since these are low benefit sessions once tactical familiarity is reached.  That though is my personal style as I adore patches of bad form, just so it livens up the game.

And by the way if you had been watching another stream we finished 3rd in the league by playing a different tactic made by the community in every game. So yeah the whole tactical familiarity element is something I have never bothered with. Team cohesion, that’s a different matter. It’s easily handled by consistent lineups and team bonding.

Match practice + Recovery sessions reduce injury risk-plus I actually stream EVERY game I play and you will rarely see any major injury happen because of that. In fact my youth team has 2 days of match practice back to back with recovery sessions. 

8 horas atrás, Rashidi disse:

Match review helps with tactical familiarity, not really necessary when you side knows the system and they start going on streaks. Halfway through seasons I rarely bother since these are low benefit sessions once tactical familiarity is reached.  That though is my personal style as I adore patches of bad form, just so it livens up the game.

And by the way if you had been watching another stream we finished 3rd in the league by playing a different tactic made by the community in every game. So yeah the whole tactical familiarity element is something I have never bothered with. Team cohesion, that’s a different matter. It’s easily handled by consistent lineups and team bonding.

Match practice + Recovery sessions reduce injury risk-plus I actually stream EVERY game I play and you will rarely see any major injury happen because of that. In fact my youth team has 2 days of match practice back to back with recovery sessions. 

Thank you so much for your answer with valuable information!

I got 3 points that I would love if you could clarify:

1º 

When you wrote "optimum gameplay - you manage all aspects of training" you mean that if I do the schedules myself the results will be better than letting the Ass Man doing it? 

What about if I download and use your or any other pre made costume schedule? That will be better than letting the Ass Man doing? The fact that the schedules were made for your team and maybe they are not fitted for my team is not a possible problem? What about the repeating the same schedules over and over every week? Is not an issue?

(I hope those are not issues I am just worried about those because there was a user on reddit who supports only the Ass Man approach and said to me that those are issues).

2 º

About Match practices. I understand now, thanks!! Thats new info for me!! I think the general idea that most users have is that they are very good sessions but we should avoid doing them the day before the match. So you think is important to do the match practice+recovery the day before the match?

3 º

You think tactical familiarity is important for the U18? I ask this because for players under 18 years old the training is more important than winning matches so I was thinking to dont waste slots at all with match previews and reviews and use this slots for more attribute training sessions.

What do you think?

Thank you very much for all the information!

I am stuck on the day 1 of the game because I can´t decide how to go about the training xD