Player making a crazy new contract decision... Is this a bug?

I tried to bring a 23-year-old DC to my club and offered him a $70k salary but he refused. Ok. Next thing he goes elsewhere for $20k. How come!?  Maybe he wants to go home?... Maybe he wants to go to a better club?...

No and No. He is French and the club is Italian. And the club is at a division below mine!  Or, maybe it's because he cares that the club has half a star more than mine?...

This doesn't make sense... A stupid player? Stupid AI? A bug?...

Edited by phd_angel

1 hour ago, phd_angel said:

I tried to bring a 23-year-old DC to my club and offered him a $70k salary but he refused. Ok. Next thing he goes elsewhere for $20k. How come!?  Maybe he wants to go home?... Maybe he wants to go to a better club?...

No and No. He is French and the club is Italian. And the club is at division below mine!  Or, maybe it's because he cares that the club has half a star more than mine?...

This doesn't make sense... A stupid player? Stupid AI? A bug?...

Nope not a bug its happened on every FM one transfer and wage code for AI teams another for human manager 70k your having a laugh when i can get 20k lower down ,i play lower league players want 2k a week to play for me but sign for others for £500 a week 🤣