Need some help with creating a tactic

1 hour ago, The3points said:

Depends on what you think the first XI should be and what the formation is. A tactic with Kvaratskhelia and Saka on the wings is quite different to one with Grealish and Felix

i've been running 4 2 3 1 with central midfielders for the most part and Kvara and Saka are the starters for the team been using them as inside forward and inverted winger respectively, my confusion is mainly on the AMC and MC part as i have alot of options and idk who to use or what roles to use 

10 minutes ago, The3points said:

4-2-3-1 with CMs is not suited for the FM23 and if you're on FM 23 I'd suggest the following:

image.png.d5be464651b7c2581f97c33d79aceea4.png

The higher double pivot works if you're playing high lines and trying to win the ball back higher up the pitch. As long as they're both DM like roles you won't leave yourself exposed at the back. 

Edited by Cloud9

48 minutes ago, Cloud9 said:

The higher double pivot works if you're playing high lines and trying to win the ball back higher up the pitch. As long as they're both DM like roles you won't leave yourself exposed at the back. 

Would something like this work? or is there too much attacking duties? i've been liking having my left wingback run deep and wide to get crosses as my striker is a good header

image.png.d2a354805accfc524b00e1e437ea7b31.png

30 minutes ago, ErozaFM said:

Would something like this work? or is there too much attacking duties? i've been liking having my left wingback run deep and wide to get crosses as my striker is a good header

image.png.d2a354805accfc524b00e1e437ea7b31.png

I would run a DLP(s) BWM(d) for the pivot. Both will have hold position then, the BWM will focus entirely on winning the ball back while the DLP will recycle possession for you. 

Couple of things to think about for your tactic:

• AF isn't a good fit here. High lines work much better with a PF(a)/P role instead of an AF. AF want space to run into. I would consider running a facilitating forward (PF(s) or F9 for example). 
  • Make two of your front four supporting roles. Your 10 and 9 shouldn't both be matching roles either, if one is supporting the other should be attacking as a good rule of thumb. 
  • No width on the right hand side of the pitch. I'd recommend switching the IWB(d) to a FB(s) w run wide with the ball. IWB usually fit 4-3-3 extremely wide systems best where they can create a box 4 midfield in possession. 
  • CWB(a) is a lot, I'd go for a CWB(s) at the most or a WB(a). I would prefer a WB(s) since an IF(a) will offer no defensive protection on your left hand side. 

Hope some of that is useful for you :thup:

Edited by Cloud9

4 minutes ago, Cloud9 said:

I would run a DLP(s) BWM(d) for the pivot. Both will have hold position then, the BWM will focus entirely on winning the ball back while the DLP will recycle possession for you. 

Couple of things to think about for your tactic:

• AF isn't a good fit here. High lines work much better with a PF(a)/P role instead of an AF. AF want space to run into. I would consider running a facilitating forward w/ a high lines system. 
  • Make two of your front four supporting roles. Your 10 and 9 shouldn't both be matching roles either, if one is supporting the other should be attacking as a good rule of thumb. 
  • No width on the right hand side of the pitch. I'd recommend switching the IWB(d) to a FB(s) w run wide with the ball. 
  • CWB(a) is a lot, I'd go for a CWB(s) at the most or a WB(a). I would prefer a WB(s) since an IF(a) will offer no defensive protection on your left hand side.

Hope some of that is useful for you :thup:

Was going to type out a comment but yeah this says it all for me. I do think that IWB-D could work with W on the side or potentially IW-S with stay wider (although the width will obviously not be as good)