Personalities of youth players turn bad when signing the first professional contracts

I could not find a thread talking about this and I hope this is not asked before.

Recently I realised that the personalities of my youth players turn bad when they signed their first professional contracts. I was curious what was going on and used scouting tools to compare the changes. I found that their ambition and professionalism dropped by 3 at the time they signed the contract.

I am curious if the contract caused the drop and if it is, is there anyway to avoid this? Or is it just a random event? It is a pain to see a model citizen turns bad.

It is indeed the contract that caused it. 

I assume it's a fairly big contract?

It is a pain to see a model citizen turns bad.

It's important to remember that I won't have a drastic effect. A Model Citizen can't really 'turn bad', if we're only talking about a 3 point reduction in those 2 attributes. That Personality will have top Prof and Ambition, so it will still be very good even with it being 3 points lower. :thup:

8 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

It is indeed the contract that caused it. 

I assume it's a fairly big contract?

It's important to remember that I won't have a drastic effect. A Model Citizen can't really 'turn bad', if we're only talking about a 3 point reduction in those 2 attributes. That Personality will have top Prof and Ambition, so it will still be very good even with it being 3 points lower. :thup:

Not really, it happens even they signed 2-3 year contracts with 110-120 p/w and occasionally I saw 4-5 point deductions (usually 3 if deduction happens). I suspect that a 2-3 year contract is too long for the kids.

One of the model citizens I had became resilient after signing the contract...resilient is neutral for CA development I guess...lol

16 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

That's interesting. How old are these players when you offer them a contract? If it's not the size of the contract, it might be that they're signing very early on?

Those affected are signed at 17 or 18 or precontract. Is it a bit too early?

Just now, yoshikairyu said:

Those affected are signed at 17 or 18 or precontract. Is it a bit too early?

I'm not sure, tbh. I'm just speculating. I know that what happens is that the youngster thinks he's "made it" and that's why you see the drop in his personality. I know it's linked to the contract, but not exactly sure what the specific triggers are.