Best corner set up

What is your best corner routine for both attacking and defending?

Before the last update, I know lots of people stuck the CBs on the near post, and that worked well. Not sure if it still works.

And what's the best set up for defending corners?

6 hours ago, ryandormer said:

What is your best corner routine for both attacking and defending?

Before the last update, I know lots of people stuck the CBs on the near post, and that worked well. Not sure if it still works.

And what's the best set up for defending corners?

I think it's about sticking a tall guy at the near post or far post.  

TBH it feels a bit exploitative, I'd recommend just building your own and not worrying about being OP. 

2 hours ago, Cloud9 said:

TBH it feels a bit exploitative, I'd recommend just building your own and not worrying about being OP. 

Agreed, I like the idea of attacking corners in a more varied way, so the mixed one above looks good. Defending corners is something I don't think I've ever gotten right 

14 minutes ago, ryandormer said:

Agreed, I like the idea of attacking corners in a more varied way, so the mixed one above looks good. Defending corners is something I don't think I've ever gotten right 

:thup: Hm on defensive corners I think similar things apply, you're looking to win the ball in the air near and far post. Aggressive, brave, heading and anticipation are factors as well but height and strength are the big ones IMO. NP, FP is where you'll concede most of your goals so I'd stick your central defenders there. 

Key difference on defensive corners is setting up players so you can counter attack off them. Having a couple players who are super quick stay forward can make a huge difference. Put your diminutive playmaker at the edge of your area to play it on to them. The game automatically sticks all your players in the box which doesn't really help you concede less, prevents you from breaking, and makes the opposition able to pin you.

Edited by Cloud9

19 minutes ago, Cloud9 said:

Key difference on defensive corners is setting up players so you can counter attack off them. Having a couple players who are super quick stay forward can make a huge difference. Put your diminutive playmaker at the edge of your area to play it on to them. The game automatically sticks all your players in the box which doesn't really help you concede less, prevents you from breaking, and makes the opposition able to pin you.

That's a great point. I'd changed mine so that my striker stayed forward, but hadn't put anybody on the edge of the area