FM23 Wingers does not stay wide

Hello,

I'm having problems with my IF and IWs. Even they have PI to stay wide and I'm playing as wide as possible, they try to move in to between opposition FB and CB in final third and try to exploit the same space with my mezzalas. I actually want them open space for my mezzalas and cut inside from wide. This was working fine in FM22 but in FM23 this behavior does not work as expected. Anybody else having same problem?

37 minutes ago, Blah_1123 said:

Then why aren't you using wingers? The whole point of IFs and IWs is that they cut inside in the final third.

I want them cut inside behind opposition FBs in the final third. But they are trying to move into channel between opposition FB and CB and overlapping with my Mezzalas.

32 minutes ago, ozgunozdemir536 said:

I want them cut inside behind opposition FBs in the final third. But they are trying to move into channel between opposition FB and CB and overlapping with my Mezzalas.

That's just what I want to get my winger to do. What are your player role/instructions/ppms?

37 minutes ago, ozgunozdemir536 said:

You can do this by using the normal Winger role with a support duty in the AM strata, but play left footed players on the right and vice versa. They will do so naturally to get it into their strong foot. If you use IFs or IWs, those will naturally sit much narrower.

Yeah you need a winger/inverted winger instead of the Inside Forward.

The whole point of the inside forward is...to be a forward to exploit space, and if you have a mezala they would get in each other spaces.

On 08/04/2023 at 17:09, Blah_1123 said:

Then why aren't you using wingers? The whole point of IFs and IWs is that they cut inside in the final third.

If only they did cut in. Absolutely abysmal that cutting in is run to by-line ignoring chances to at least try and cut in, then just turn back and then try and cut in removing any impetus in the attack.

Its absolutely shocking, this with players who have cut in from wing and also very high agility, dribbling and good on both feet.

23 hours ago, FM1000 said:

The whole point of the inside forward is...to be a forward to exploit space, and if you have a mezala they would get in each other spaces.

Mezzala and Inside forward dont get in each others spaces if you have the one as attack and other as support. Know many will prefer the IF on attack but truly its a great combination with Mezzala/A and IF/U. Helps if both have the one-twos player trait.

Even then them hitting the same area isn't bad as its giving you an overload in the channel and frees up space for the Wingback that side.

Due to the current match engine structure, wingers cannot be placed widely.

There is definitely an option to place it wide in the options, but it doesn't work when you look at the actual game.

I want to have the winger attached to the touchline like real football, but there is no such option and cannot do that in fm23.

I also want to keep the wingers close to the touchline and create space to create 1-on-1 chances with the opposing full-backs, but I can't at all.

The movement of inside forwards and inverted wingers in particular is terrible.

They are no different between a top winger like Mbappe or Salah and a winger in the fourth division.

The winger's movement is standardized. Always drive the ball to the end line, then stop once and make a back pass.

Or cross up. There is no attempt to cut in at all.

On 09/04/2023 at 12:27, FM1000 said:

No, Mezzala fits well wit if because mezzala is a half winger but it doesnt fit well with IW because it sits in the half space like the IW. You can play mezzala with IF/RMD/WTM/W but not with AP/IW/T( to an extent(=)

On 13/04/2023 at 05:37, Choi seung won said:

Due to the current match engine structure, wingers cannot be placed widely.

There is definitely an option to place it wide in the options, but it doesn't work when you look at the actual game.

I want to have the winger attached to the touchline like real football, but there is no such option and cannot do that in fm23.

I also want to keep the wingers close to the touchline and create space to create 1-on-1 chances with the opposing full-backs, but I can't at all.

The movement of inside forwards and inverted wingers in particular is terrible.

They are no different between a top winger like Mbappe or Salah and a winger in the fourth division.

The winger's movement is standardized. Always drive the ball to the end line, then stop once and make a back pass.

Or cross up. There is no attempt to cut in at all.

thats also false, if you use a left footed player in the RW and put the W role he will sometimes cut. W with opposite foot plays exactly like Mitoma or Saka irl