Need Help: Poor Chance Creation & Low xG

Firstly, I'm not an native English speaker, so sorry for little mistakes and errors.

Until now, I saw myself as an update victim. Winter update broke my tactic and i didn't get over it. I failed at every point on the field. Defence is horrible. The attack was worse. Totally nightmare. I finally got rid of the victim mentality. I like football manager. Maybe it isn't perfect, maybe i don't like the developers but so what? There has to be a way to be successful at this game. 

I solved the problems in defense. Standard defensive line is ok for me. But i cannot solve the chance creation problems. We're scoring goals but i don't think this is sustainable. We cannot create quality chances. I'll try to explain my mentality: 
Left winger: Inside forward. Secondary scorer.
Midfielder left: B2B midfielder, support attacks.
Midfielder right: Advanced playmaker, support attacks and main chance creator.
Right winger: Winger. Stays wide and using spaces. 
Striker: Advanced forward. Main scorer.
Wingbacks: Supporters of the attacks. 

Here's the tactic: https://www.mediafire.com/file/1mf7lzf2217pmtt/Blackburn.fmf/file

So, i wanna play fast with short easy passes. My team isn't an elite team but we have some strong points. Our left winger is very good goal scorer. Right winger is very goot at dribbling. Midfielders at okay. Defensive midfielder is perfect for me, he's our passion & heart. I can't see a problem in this tactic. But I only have two eyes. I need more. I need more opinion.

Help me please. 
So, here's my tactic. What's the problem?

1.jpg.a3be3cd9f44e14b78a7e503be72a06f3.jpg

Statistics here:

2.thumb.jpg.f669cfd2ca304b9d0de77310808b28c4.jpg

Chance creation:

3.thumb.jpg.3aa4ad6ce0eb30a00a491bb581b35820.jpg

If anybody need any info or stats, i'm here. 

One immediate problem is the lack of a holding midfielder. A BWM on Support will go chasing the ball all over the place, and a High Press will only incentivise him to do that. I'd also say that two BPDs is a bit risky especially if your team isn't the best in the league because if you look at it, High Tempo already means that your players don't have a lot of time to make decisions and the BPD role means they will be making riskier decisions. I'd switch one to CD so that there's one risk taker and one a little more conservative. 

19 dakika önce, The3points said:

One immediate problem is the lack of a holding midfielder. A BWM on Support will go chasing the ball all over the place, and a High Press will only incentivise him to do that. I'd also say that two BPDs is a bit risky especially if your team isn't the best in the league because if you look at it, High Tempo already means that your players don't have a lot of time to make decisions and the BPD role means they will be making riskier decisions. I'd switch one to CD so that there's one risk taker and one a little more conservative. 

Stoke game, home. Holding midfielder and cd helps, 1.50xg, not any problem in defence. But i cannot swap Lewis Travis in BWM role. He is absolute a mental freak and i really wanna use his positive sides. BWM, Holding Midfielder and Advanced Playmaker isn't look so bad. My wingbacks aren't good, i need to try some new things there. Thanks for the advices. More doesn't hurt anybody ofc. :)

I can’t see any overwhelming problems in your setup and sometimes it’s just a small tweak until it works.

The crucial point for me is, how does the attack of the final third breaks down? What happens when you try to develop play from Defense to midfield into final third?

You want to develop through quick short passes (?) everybody needs to stick close together but then it’s easy to break down by tight marking, what are exceptions from standard plan?

tell us about what you see. I can understand your problems because I went through the same.

You could play Narrow Width since you are playing Shorter Passing and High Tempo. If the players are too far apart they can't play those quick one-two passes.

About the roles, you could try to change the roles of the DR/DL to Fullbacks because they would dribble less and focus on short simple passes to keep the ball flowing suiting the tactics more.

The AML and STC both have Attack duties so they could both run into the same space when the team try to attack. Maybe you could change one of their roles to Support Duty. Your 2 CMs also have 2 support roles where they would both occupy the same space so the attack with Short Passing and Quick Tempo would stagnate because you do not have runners from behind. You could give them Get Further Foward Individual Instruction or maybe change the Role of the Advanced Playmaker Attack to Central Midfielder Attack.

You could try changing the roles to CM-At AT-At with wide roles to Support or the AML/AMR Attack and the STC Support. Wide Roles on Support and Central on Attack, or the opposite.

Maybe you could try to change the Formation without changing the roles. You could play a 4-4-1-1. Drop the wide AM and push the AP from CM to AM. Maybe this would solve the problem of the players occupying the same space without forcing them to play a role they can not play.

12 hours ago, batsy23 said:

But i cannot swap Lewis Travis in BWM role. He is absolute a mental freak and i really wanna use his positive sides.

I assume (I don't know the player) that this means he has very high attributes for things like Aggression, Bravery, Determination, Teamwork, etc., which is why you want to use him as a Ball-Winner to 'get the most' out of those attributes. But I think it's important to point out that a player with those characteristics will bring a more aggressive, ball-winning style of play on any role. 

As regards the overall tactic, short passing + pass into space doesn't make sense to me, nor does telling your entire team to dribble frequently. It seems likely that your players will run themselves into dead ends rather than finding good passing options. 

Edited by Prolix

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Prolix:

As regards the overall tactic, short passing + pass into space doesn't make sense to me, nor does telling your entire team to dribble frequently. It seems likely that your players will run themselves into dead ends rather than finding good passing options. 

I have short passing with pass into space and works fine I believe the problem is somewhere else.

TIs make sense to me I would prefer narrow wide due to short passing and counter-press. You try to attack the box aggressively I‘d remove work ball into box. 
next thing, all is well but could be figured out easily. Now try to create overloads e.g. on the flanks you put many players on the flanks and pull out opponent in players there too. You can simply use the TI on both flanks. 

The roles in center are not my favourites because all of them roam or not especially hold their positions. You counter-press the opponents to force mistakes in passing which your central midfield should intercept. I‘d try to play the BWM in MC to add pressure but would keep the DM as DMd simple and holding. With both fullbacks as WB you could think about an IWs to interplay with the AP.

Watch what’s happening on the pitch.

15 saat önce, HanziZoloman said:

I can’t see any overwhelming problems in your setup and sometimes it’s just a small tweak until it works.

The crucial point for me is, how does the attack of the final third breaks down? What happens when you try to develop play from Defense to midfield into final third?

You want to develop through quick short passes (?) everybody needs to stick close together but then it’s easy to break down by tight marking, what are exceptions from standard plan?

tell us about what you see. I can understand your problems because I went through the same.

I can't see too! :) I usually suffer from shots that don't hit the goal. 15-18 shots per game, but very few finds the spot. I think it's main problem. But I can't get over it. For example, lower tempo didn't help, There must be a problem somewhere, but where?

12 saat önce, nhami said:

You could play Narrow Width since you are playing Shorter Passing and High Tempo. If the players are too far apart they can't play those quick one-two passes.

About the roles, you could try to change the roles of the DR/DL to Fullbacks because they would dribble less and focus on short simple passes to keep the ball flowing suiting the tactics more.

The AML and STC both have Attack duties so they could both run into the same space when the team try to attack. Maybe you could change one of their roles to Support Duty. Your 2 CMs also have 2 support roles where they would both occupy the same space so the attack with Short Passing and Quick Tempo would stagnate because you do not have runners from behind. You could give them Get Further Foward Individual Instruction or maybe change the Role of the Advanced Playmaker Attack to Central Midfielder Attack.

You could try changing the roles to CM-At AT-At with wide roles to Support or the AML/AMR Attack and the STC Support. Wide Roles on Support and Central on Attack, or the opposite.

Maybe you could try to change the Formation without changing the roles. You could play a 4-4-1-1. Drop the wide AM and push the AP from CM to AM. Maybe this would solve the problem of the players occupying the same space without forcing them to play a role they can not play.

I'll try narrow width in the next friendly match. Even though we are playing average at the moment, we are getting results. We're not perfect but not awful. Next friendly match, i'll try narrow width. Now, i'm using holding midfielder and i give this role get further forward role. I'll take a look at what you said about the roles. 

7 saat önce, Prolix said:

I assume (I don't know the player) that this means he has very high attributes for things like Aggression, Bravery, Determination, Teamwork, etc., which is why you want to use him as a Ball-Winner to 'get the most' out of those attributes. But I think it's important to point out that a player with those characteristics will bring a more aggressive, ball-winning style of play on any role. 

My opinion of Lewis Travis is changing. He's perfect for me but fast paced passing game doesn't suit him. I use defensive midfielder there. John Buckley: Good guy with good technical abilities and mediocre in the defence department. Decision making is a problem but in this level, everyone is far from perfect.

21 hours ago, batsy23 said:

Firstly, I'm not an native English speaker, so sorry for little mistakes and errors.

Until now, I saw myself as an update victim. Winter update broke my tactic and i didn't get over it. I failed at every point on the field. Defence is horrible. The attack was worse. Totally nightmare. I finally got rid of the victim mentality. I like football manager. Maybe it isn't perfect, maybe i don't like the developers but so what? There has to be a way to be successful at this game. 

I solved the problems in defense. Standard defensive line is ok for me. But i cannot solve the chance creation problems. We're scoring goals but i don't think this is sustainable. We cannot create quality chances. I'll try to explain my mentality: 
Left winger: Inside forward. Secondary scorer.
Midfielder left: B2B midfielder, support attacks.
Midfielder right: Advanced playmaker, support attacks and main chance creator.
Right winger: Winger. Stays wide and using spaces. 
Striker: Advanced forward. Main scorer.
Wingbacks: Supporters of the attacks. 

Here's the tactic: https://www.mediafire.com/file/1mf7lzf2217pmtt/Blackburn.fmf/file

So, i wanna play fast with short easy passes. My team isn't an elite team but we have some strong points. Our left winger is very good goal scorer. Right winger is very goot at dribbling. Midfielders at okay. Defensive midfielder is perfect for me, he's our passion & heart. I can't see a problem in this tactic. But I only have two eyes. I need more. I need more opinion.

Help me please. 
So, here's my tactic. What's the problem?

1.jpg.a3be3cd9f44e14b78a7e503be72a06f3.jpg

Statistics here:

2.thumb.jpg.f669cfd2ca304b9d0de77310808b28c4.jpg

Chance creation:

3.thumb.jpg.3aa4ad6ce0eb30a00a491bb581b35820.jpg

If anybody need any info or stats, i'm here. 

Not crazy about a combination of an AF and IF. I think you're better off w a supportive forward for an IF.

Edited by Cloud9

I'd be curious to know 2 things.

First off, what is your pass completion is like, and secondly is your away form better than your home form?

I suspect the Pass Into Space instruction is helping you with away days, but stopping you from working good opportunities when your opponent isn't giving you much room. Could be wrong, but the data might give you an idea :)

Edited by vrig

Guys, thank you all, you are perfect. I solved most of the problems. 

I'm not playing Lewis Travis anymore. If we need defense, he comes into pitch. Holding midfielder solved some problems for me. One bpd advice is good too. I also saw the new posts. I will definitely try them in the next friendly match.

Just checked on Lewis Travis he is a hell of of BWM or B2B player. If playing with DM then a SV could be an option. 
if you play a 4141 wide for counterpress, I’d play him in MC as BWM or B2B together with a more crest player.