Slow down transfer talks

MaskedReferee

Morning all,

A small change I'd like to suggest to give transfer talks a bit more realism is to actually slow down how quickly those talks happen outside the transfer window.

For example, at this time of year (April) clubs are starting to think about the players they want to sign in the summer so are having exploratory conversations with agents and maybe some early discussions with clubs around deals. If we put this in FM context, it's me as a manager clicking the talk to agent button to find out how interested a player is and what sort of wages they might want. This is a good feature because if the player isn't interested or wants a huge sum of money I can go and scout some other options before the season finishes.

What happens in game though is a day or so after sounding the agent out he comes knocking at the door wanting to know why you haven't bid yet and if you do make an offer you can often get everything sorted and a transfer agreed within a week or so. I just don't think this happens IRL (my evidence for this is how few teams have their transfer business sorted early in the summer).

WHat would be good is if you enquire about a player with the agent outside the transfer window they don't chase you until the window opens to see if you are still interested. If you do bid for a player outside the window the response from the club should be slower and talks drag out a bit more, maybe agreeing a deal in principle but not accepting until the window opens to see if anybody else comes in and they can spark a bidding war. At the moment the transfers seem a bit to straight forward and slowing the pace down could go a long way to adding more realism.

11 hours ago, MaskedReferee said:

What happens in game though is a day or so after sounding the agent out he comes knocking at the door wanting to know why you haven't bid yet and if you do make an offer you can often get everything sorted and a transfer agreed within a week or so. I just don't think this happens IRL (my evidence for this is how few teams have their transfer business sorted early in the summer).

Oh it happens irl, trust me. Just ignore the agent, it happens also in real life.

• 3 weeks later...