FMT21 Paid for a "lifetime contract" only to have the player sold by the board a week later.

Had an outstanding youth prospect in a touch game. Playing just for fun and didn't want it to be too much effort or lose him straight away so bought the lifetime contact micro transaction. Literally, a few days later in-game, the board accepted an offer from Man City for 60k because it was too good to turn down and sold the player. 

My only option here is to hand more money over to SI for another micro transaction to stop this from happening. It is such a rip-off, already paying for the game & then having to consistently add more to it for it to work in any sort of fair way. 

I used to love these games but it's becoming a pay-to-win model and is terrible now. If I am going to be forced to pay for a "life time contract" for a player it should be that they cant be sold without my own approval. 

• Administrators

The lifetime contract puts the player on a rolling contract so you don't lose them on a free, it says nothing about preventing the player from being sold. 

If you have examples please report them on the Bug Tracker and the team can look into it. 

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

The lifetime contract puts the player on a rolling contract so you don't lose them on a free, it says nothing about preventing the player from being sold. 

If you have examples please report them on the Bug Tracker and the team can look into it. 

If I am being charged real money to but the lifetime contract, I would at minimum expect it would override the boards ability to sell the player, especially for next to nothing. Its such a rip and extremely convenient the only way to prevent it is to pay for a different micro transaction. 

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, CoolDjGuyFromBerlin said:

If I am being charged real money to but the lifetime contract, I would at minimum expect it would override the boards ability to sell the player, especially for next to nothing. Its such a rip and extremely convenient the only way to prevent it is to pay for a different micro transaction. 

If the intention was to push you to a different micro transaction (the ones you are thinking of do not really apply in this situation), I'd not be suggesting the Bug Tracker :) 

If you've got a case of one not working as you'd expect then please put it on the Bug Tracker so we can evaluate why this happens and what can be done.

2 minutes ago, PAFC_Dugout said:

The board sell your players on touch mode? Been playing touch mode since 2015 and never seen that? 

The transfers module is the same as it's bigger brother game in most respects, it should be possible in theory to receive an offer too good to be true in order for the player to be sold

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

If the intention was to push you to a different micro transaction (the ones you are thinking of do not really apply in this situation), I'd not be suggesting the Bug Tracker :) 

If you've got a case of one not working as you'd expect then please put it on the Bug Tracker so we can evaluate why this happens and what can be done.

The transfers module is the same as it's bigger brother game in most respects, it should be possible in theory to receive an offer too good to be true in order for the player to be sold

But if I am going to be paying for a life time contract, why is there even an option for the board to sell the player? Its a rip off and completely misleading in what you are selling

• Administrators
1 minute ago, CoolDjGuyFromBerlin said:

But if I am going to be paying for a life time contract, why is there even an option for the board to sell the player? Its a rip off and completely misleading in what you are selling

A contract isn't a transfer and the main use of the IAP is for cases where you have a player you may not be able to offer a new contract to, but wish to keep them on the books.

As I said, if you have examples and suggestions please use the Bug Tracker. However, the version you are using is 2 years old now, and the transfers logic will have changed a lot since then.

• Lucas changed the title to FMT21 Paid for a "lifetime contract" only to have the player sold by the board a week later.
  • Administrators

Appreciate you are frustrated but I should remind you of the house rules on the forum: 

On 23/12/2019 at 12:34, Neil Brock said:

Whilst we can understand sometimes users get frustrated with their game, we would appreciate it if users could remember a few important things when posting on our forums:

When providing critical feedback, where possible please try and keep it constructive. This helps us help you.
- We understand that sometimes people need to let off some steam, but when doing so we can only try and make things better if we know the cause of complaint. Try and provide details of specific areas where you think things can be improved and why you may not like a certain part of the game when providing feedback. 

Bugs are best raised on the Bug Forums
- If you're posting on an area of the forum, it's worth asking yourself "is what I'm posting a bug"? If it is, please try to raise it via our bugs forum, that way our QA team can investigate. 

Remember when you talk about SI, you're talking about real people who read these forums.
- In the past we've read things like: "SI are idiots", "Did the QA team even test this game" and "whoever is responsible for this should be sacked" and more. These forums were set up to be a way where our development team can engage directly with the community on a whole host of issues. Over time unfortunately the frequency our developers post has dropped considerably due to the types of comments above. Please bear in mind when you're making comments in regards to the game that the people who created it are likely reading. Keep things civil and above all respectful. Failure to do so means we may be forced to edit or remove your post. Continued failure to do so will lead to warnings and infractions. 

The Moderating team are here to help
- The moderators are unpaid volunteers and provide support and help because they're extremely passionate about the game. They're not told to walk a company line, nor are they told to convince anyone who doesn't like the game the reasons why they should. They try to use their knowledge of the game to help people, to engage in debate and to make sure misinformation doesn't spread. Please remember when engaging with them that they're trying to help and deserve to be shown respect like everyone else. 

We're here to help you but please try and keep it respectful (so I have changed the title of the topic). Thanks.

8 minutes ago, Lucas said:

A contract isn't a transfer and the main use of the IAP is for cases where you have a player you may not be able to offer a new contract to, but wish to keep them on the books.

As I said, if you have examples and suggestions please use the Bug Tracker. However, the version you are using is 2 years old now, and the transfers logic will have changed a lot since then.

But the whole point of the lifetime contract is to keep a player at the club, which has not happened as he was sold a few weeks later. What ever about the normal version of the game but you are charging people money for these add on's that are clearly not built for purpose and are extremely misleading. 

I've looked in the section for bugs, its filled with threads that haven't had a response and have been posted there for months or even years. I don't see a point in it, I've had a good game runed and the immersion is gone now.