Promoted too soon, weak budget, impossible loan terms, players not interested. HELP please

Hi All

I am managing Alessandria in Italy, achieved back to back promotions and I am now in Serie A. I am predicted last (2000-1 to win the league). Here are my issues and any help would be greatly appreciated:

- Extremely low wage budget

Last season, in Serie B, I had the lowest wage spend in the league of around 72k p/w. This season, in Serie A, I have 125k p/w which is definitely going to be the lowest by a huge distance.

- Clubs requesting difficult loan terms for their players

In the past 2 seasons I have managed to loan in players, only paying some or all of their wages, which was a big help to getting promoted twice. Now, in Serie A, when I try to loan players, not only do they want me to pay wages, but also high monthly fees and an 'avoid relegation bonus'. This is making it impossible for me to loan more than 1 or 2 players in.

- Decent Serie A players not interested in signing for us

Any players I can sign that are of Serie A standard, either on a free or due to low transfer fees, are not interested in signing for our club. I assume this is due to our reputation.

I feel like from a financial perspective, as well as how other clubs are negotiating loan terms, I am primed to get relegated. The board expectations are 'Attempt to avoid relegation'. 

Attempt to avoid relegation means they realise its a distinct possibility you will go down. The best route is to try and find a hidden gem who is interested & affordable. Keeping yourself in touching distance until the January window and the reputation boost this brings also helps attracting players. However, there's nothing wrong with using this year to feel things out and build a better squad to get promoted and go again. 

I dont think there is really such a thing as getting promoted too soon. Worst case you are right back to where you started. The most important thing is to just avoid relegation at all costs. You are in a top 5 league now which means even one full season in the league will completely change your wage budget and reputation standing. All these problems go away if you can hold onto the league. The most important thing for you is to look to poach players who Juventus and Inter release. You dont need to worry about decent Series A players not signing for you. If they are decent players for the league, they dont want to commit to a team that is predicted to go down. Just trial everyone who is availible on a free, and check to see who has been released by those bigger clubs in Italy (you can also maybe look at players released by bayern and PSG also).

Worst case, you go down, and you just have to climb again, this time with more money and better players than last time.

I did something similar even if not that extreme with Palermo and practically went up first season. At which point all players wanted new contract I sold them all (or put them on transfer list so they are happy even if I don't give them a contract) and tried to get only 15-23 y/o players 

I definitely won't win series A will try to stay afloat 2 year with small budget keep asking the board to raise it every month and build a team of young player  

That's the only solution I found I got offer to train much richer team but I want to stick with palermo

Thanks guys

I've managed to sell some weaker players and bring in many decent players on a free as well as on loan. We are now 1000-1 at least and 11th place Udinese is 250-1 so I believe we a decent tactic I should be able to compete with the bottom 5-7 teams or so.
I've also noticed that I am going to earn tons of money from TV rights over the course of the season which should mean the board increase the wage and transfer budget in Dec/Jan.

Appreciate all the advice, thanks!

3 hours ago, PB Smoothie said:

Thanks guys

I've managed to sell some weaker players and bring in many decent players on a free as well as on loan. We are now 1000-1 at least and 11th place Udinese is 250-1 so I believe we a decent tactic I should be able to compete with the bottom 5-7 teams or so.
I've also noticed that I am going to earn tons of money from TV rights over the course of the season which should mean the board increase the wage and transfer budget in Dec/Jan.

Appreciate all the advice, thanks!

1000-1 LOL

I wouldnt say there is any such thing as getting promoted too soon. Especially if you are getting promoted to the top flight of a top 5 league, the amount of money you get simply from being in that league for one season and then getting relegated is worth it.