My boss doesn't want to pay for tuition

I'm playing Ellera Calcio, a tiny club in Italy's fifth division. I want to leave because my Board won't pay for a coaching badge training. In fact, I let my contract expire and am on a month-to-month basis while applying for jobs elsewhere.

Funny that my club keeps coming back to me to offer a new contract and my team is doing really well, but they still don't want to fund a badge. I've asked some 3 or 4 times already...

As it stands, there is no way for me to communicate to the Board that I'll only stay if they pay for a coaching badge course. 

A shame FM doesn't allow me to negotiate this in a new contract.

Any tips, or... this is it?...

If your balance is in the red, they won't pay for your course. Ever. Though, annoyingly, they would do the same for the other staff.

If your finances are secure, I find it's the best to ask board for course (or any improvement, really) after a series of good results. If you've got an A as your grade, even better. They usually say yes to my requests 90% of times when you time it right.

If you are in italy's 5th division and you are doing well (especially if you have decent badges already), your board is going to be terrified of you leaving, and they will view improving your coaching badges as making you more attractive to other teams. Best bet is to accept a new contract, try to sign the longest contract you can, and get promoted. Then ask again.

Thanks for your replies. So, I finally got this club to fund my first coaching badge in this save.

Out of curiosity, I saved an alternative file and RESIGNED to see if I'd still be enrolled in the course or not. First, the club begged me to stay and offered to increase the transfer budget. I said no and left. To my surprise, though fully unemployed, my profile still showed that I was studying for a license. So, once the club has paid for your tuition, you're in for the license even if you leave the club.

(That would have been very mean on my part. I dropped the alternative save, went back to my original save, and signed a new contract.) :D

Edited by phd_angel