What stats to use when comparing different variants of a 442 that I created?

What would be the main stats to use (in order) to compare different variants of the 442 that I have created? I don't think it's as simple as finishing position, points and GD as so many variables within a season. I have focused on (in order) Clear Cut Chances For/Against xG/Gm and xGA/Gm but I'm wondering if these are the main ones or perhaps if there are others that should be included and if they're more important?

Edited by nonleague

Depends on the type of tactic you're trying to create honestly. A possession tactic you should look at things like field tilt, pass dynamics, things like that which look at ball retention and dominance. For a pressing tactic there's PPDA, Pressures and distance covered maybe also a zone map of defensive actions to see how high they're happening. For a defensive/counterattack tactic you'll look at xG/Shot (not given in game, but simple math to do) and xGA/Shot to see the efficiency of chances you create and the stifling of your opponents.

Also good to look at individual player statistics: ie Progressive passes from your DLP or BPD or dribble from your IW. Then you can see what instructions have what impact on your players' actions and stats in games. Similarly maybe common themes from opposition players or maybe how the same players react to the tactic (do their dribble numbers decrease? Does your block stop progressive passes? Did the xA of their AP drop off?).